• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Poll to Educate a Fellow RFer

Axe Elf

Prophet
I know I may be placing far too much faith in the common knowledge of our forum constituents to educate a peer, but these seem like easy enough questions. Let's see if you are able to help them out.

Please indicate the BEST answer for each question below in your response:

1. What is the term usually applied to the process of restoring the dead to life?
a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Frog

2. What is the term usually applied to the process of reviving a person from unconsciousness?
a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Banana

3. What is the term usually applied to the process of rebirthing a soul into a new body?
a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Hammock

I would encourage responding only if you are fairly certain of your answers. Mere guessing or wishful thinking is discouraged--that's the kind of thing that led to the creation of the poll in the first place!

Good luck, and thank you to all qualified respondents!

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
1. What is the term usually applied to the process of restoring the dead to life?
a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Frog
Pain.

2. What is the term usually applied to the process of reviving a person from unconsciousness?
a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Banana
Pain.

3. What is the term usually applied to the process of rebirthing a soul into a new body?
a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Hammock
Pain.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I know I may be placing far too much faith in the common knowledge of our forum constituents to educate a peer, but these seem like easy enough questions. Let's see if you are able to help them out.

I would encourage responding only if you are fairly certain of your answers. Mere guessing or wishful thinking is discouraged--that's the kind of thing that led to the creation of the poll in the first place!

1, Zombize

2, Wake

3. Metempsychosis

Axe Elf

Prophet
I guess no one can read instructions any more.

Sigh.

I really thought you people would be up to this task...

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Frog

a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Banana

a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Hammock

My answer is.

1 = a
2 = c
3 =a

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
b. Resurrection

Bad question since when I'm asleep I'm unconscious. But closest is:
c. Resuscitation

a. Reincarnation

Skwim

Veteran Member

I got 'em all right.
clicking-your-heels-smiley-emoticon.gif
(I scored myself, but being inerrant . . . . . . .)

Last edited:

Curious George

Veteran Member

a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Frog

a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Banana

a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Hammock

Seems to me that one is better served not posting threads like this, but c'est la vie.

1) Resurrection
2) Resurrection or Resuscitation though Resuscitation is usually better as resurrection implies the appearance of death.
3) Reincarnation

Lastly, language is versatile. So it would not be improper to use any words such as reincarnation, resurrection, or resuscitation to describe something additional. For example, if I died and was brought back to life by medical professionals and this experience then changed my life substantially, saying that I was "reincarnated" that day would not be wrong. Language need not always be literal.

Earthling

David Henson
I guess no one can read instructions any more.

Sigh.

I really thought you people would be up to this task...

I have to say, you really should have known better. Even I was entertaining the possibility of answering

Frog
Banana
Hammock

And I take the subject very seriously. Although you worded the third in a manner that I struggled with. From a religious perspective it could be problematic.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
1. b
2. c
3. a although technically that's rebirth. Reincarnation entails the soul realizing it's transition from body to body.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I've got one! I've got one!
super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

1.What is the term usually meaning to dart off or away
a. Bolt
b. Bolt
c. Bolt
d. Bolt

2. What is the term usually meaning to eat hastily or without chewing
a. Bolt
b. Bolt
c. Bolt
d. Bolt

3. What is the term often given to a lightening stroke
a. Bolt
b. Bolt
c. Bolt
d. Bolt

4 What is the term often given to a threaded shaft that contains a nut
a. Bolt
b. Bolt
c. Bolt
d. Bolt

And no peeking at other people's answers.
no.gif

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In medicine we routinely use "resuscitation" for the procedure of restoring heartbeat, circulation and breathing to a "dead" patient in whom these have recently ceased.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Frog

a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Banana

a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Hammock

1c
(my wife is in the medical field, so I hear c in relation to the first question more than b, which also seems applicable...depends how dead the person in question is, I guess)

2c
3a

Skwim

Veteran Member

a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. The Frankenstein Effect

a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. "Hey! Wake up. You're going to be late for work"

a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Hogwash

Audie

Veteran Member
a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. The Frankenstein Effect

a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. "Hey! Wake up. You're going to be late for work"

a. Reincarnation
b. Resurrection
c. Resuscitation
d. Hogwash

And whatabout regurgitation??
Forgot
about that, didntya??