• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A New Twist on Racism in Sport

xkatz

Prejudice is only unacceptable when the other guy is practicing it.

128668468116340068.jpg

Flankerl

If you can explain why the term "racism" is appropriate
in the thread title, by all means, do so. As was mentioned
earlier, the reaction of the crowd is probably not
directed at the specific player.

He is a jew. Jews are ethno religious people.
So why is it racism? You really dont see it?

He also didnt go there to represent the state of israel but his football club.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Perhaps you could suggest some examples and indicate why they are important.

The insults of the "fans" are racist because he is a jew. Or they should have made their "protest" against the state of israel clear. They didnt. They just attacked the player. We have to assume because he is jewish as he didnt represent the state of israel but his football club.

Tamar

I am Jewish.
How do you know if it's not for being a Zionist? Given the fact that the creed and actions of the Zionist entity are based on racism and injustice. I am sure there are good Jews out there who oppose such destructive values.

Muslims seem to think that all Jews are zionists. Muslims often attack verbally and physically Jews because they are Jews, and they have a connection to the Jewish state of Israel.

That being said not all Jews are zionists. Jews have many different views on Israel.

Are all Muslims terrorists? Because there are many people who say that all muslims must somehow be responsible for, or support the attacks against non muslims, and the west. Is that fair?

I support the state of Israel, I also want to see a 2 state solution and that Jews and Palestinians will live in peace side by side. That is my vision.

Last edited:

Tamar

I am Jewish.
LOL! Racism? Why did you drag racism in the issue? His religion? LOL!
I think this is because he is a Zionist and we know the creed and actions of the Zionist entity.

Chill out!! ;)

And what makes you think he is a zionist? Give me some information to back up what you are saying.

My thoughts are that he was booed because he is Jewish, Israeli, and a target for the Muslim audience.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
LOL! Racism? Why did you drag racism in the issue? His religion? LOL!
I think this is because he is a Zionist and we know the creed and actions of the Zionist entity.

Chill out!! ;)

No, I will not chill out, and let you sanitise basic racism. The Palestinian leadership, and by your reasoning all Palestinians, are responsible for the deaths of countless innocents from suicide bombing. I think I will boo every Palestinian I see walking down the street. Better yet, I will also boo all Muslims for sharing the same religion with terrorists. :rolleyes:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
And what makes you think he is a zionist? Give me some information to back up what you are saying.

My thoughts are that he was booed because he is Jewish, Israeli, and a target for the Muslim audience.

Judaism is not a race. The title of the thread uses the term "racism"
to describe the situation. Even if the crowd is reacting in that manner,
the reasons you gave still wouldn't fall under the category of "racism".

Flankerl

Wacky and arbitrary rules aside, my genealogy would still remain unchanged, therefore race doesn't come into play at all.

So what is hate towards jews? Is it religious hate? Or hate against a people, oh wait there is a term for it. Something with a r.. ;)

Yerda

Veteran Member
Should this be tolerated? How can these racist pigs be allowed to watch the beautiful game when they attack a player due to his nationality and religion? Its sport, not politics. It shocks beyond belief that people can be so pathetic.
You, a football fan, are shocked by this?

Racism is rampant in football. In Italy, Spain, and Serbia are three countries where monkey noises are common when black players touch the ball. When Kevin Campell signed for a Turkish side the fans went mental and he was regularly booed by his own support cuz ee iz black, innit?

The homophobia is even worse. Can you imagine the taunting the Spurs faithful are going to give to Chelsea player Ashley Cole when he finally comes out?

The last player who admitted he was homosexual was hounded out of the game, denounced by his own family, and ended up killing himself.

Benayoun getting booed every time he touches the ball cause he's Jewish is deplorable, but it's not surprising. In Scotland we send bullets and mail bombs.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
A persons race does not change upon conversion to Judaism. As far as
"ethnicity" is concerned, that would depend on your definition.
Unless you're arguing that discrimination based on ethnicity is acceptable (and if you are, then say it plainly and back it up), then you're splitting hairs over a semantic quibble that's irrelevant to this discussion.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Unless you're arguing that discrimination based on ethnicity is acceptable (and if you are, then say it plainly and back it up), then you're splitting hairs over a semantic quibble that's irrelevant to this discussion.

"Semantics" matter. You need to explain how my posts are giving
you the impression that I think discrimination is 'acceptable'.