• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A closet story

Vee

Premium Member
Everyone, get ready, because I'm about to tell you something that you hear very rarely coming from a woman.
As part of my ongoing "simplify my life" project, I went through my entire closet to check what I still wear and to remove what doesn't need to be there.
Turns out that I have enough clothes, enough shoes, more than enough makeup and I have no desire to go shopping anytime soon. True story :D

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Everyone, get ready, because I'm about to tell you something that you hear very rarely coming from a woman.
As part of my ongoing "simplify my life" project, I went through my entire closet to check what I still wear and to remove what doesn't need to be there.
Turns out that I have enough clothes, enough shoes, more than enough makeup and I have no desire to go shopping anytime soon. True story :D
I caution you that you could be wrong. While I do not doubt that you have gone through your entire closet (which is admirable) and do not know what clothing you have, it does not necessarily support your conclusion that you have enough clothes. Perhaps you should consult with others before making that determination? Also is there some standard by which you have decided that your clothing is enough? There may in fact be someone with more clothing, in which case are you accusing them of having too many clothes?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Actually my wife does not like to shop for clothes and has gradually been thinning out her closet.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I assume the "soon" will end immediately after fashions change. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yours is an age related affliction.

Vee

Premium Member
I caution you that you could be wrong. While I do not doubt that you have gone through your entire closet (which is admirable) and do not know what clothing you have, it does not necessarily support your conclusion that you have enough clothes. Perhaps you should consult with others before making that determination? Also is there some standard by which you have decided that your clothing is enough? There may in fact be someone with more clothing, in which case are you accusing them of having too many clothes?

Please don't put doubts in my mind o_O

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think "need " has anything to do with it.
"Consider the Lilies of the Field, they toil not neither do they spin, yet even in Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." -- Jesus paraphrased. Now then if even Jesus says you can't have enough clothes then who are you to argue? :smilingimp: I mean, do you have as many clothes as Solomon? Its impossible to know. Have you ever seen a lily of the field? I doubt it. I rest my suitcase.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
blurred-sweater-1024x733.jpg

Just change 'Be' to 'Vee' ! You know you've got to have it.

Reactions: Vee

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

I appreciate your candidness. In return I shall make a manly closet confession of my own.

Turns out I do have enough guns, ammo, and gun accessories. I do not have to go shopping anytime soon. But I will anyways. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
At first, I thought you were coming out of one.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why would you buy new clothes if your old clothes were still serviceable?

Status markers?

Jeremiah Ames

Congratulations. :)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Amazing how that happens. I know exactly what you mean! And how! *Grin*