• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A closet story

Vee

Premium Member
I appreciate your candidness. In return I shall make a manly closet confession of my own.

Turns out I do have enough guns, ammo, and gun accessories. I do not have to go shopping anytime soon. But I will anyways. ;)

I'm going to assume that your "toys" are safely stored and that you know how to use them if necessary.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I'm going to assume that your "toys" are safely stored and that you know how to use them if necessary.

Yes, I take gun safety extremely seriously. I am licensed and have taken safety courses. I have never* had to use them, and hopefully never will.

*Except for target practice at a gun range etc.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
See? You admit to having a doubt. Perhaps you need more clothes!

Knowing me to be the clothes-horse and shoe-collector I am, a buddy of mine used to say when we'd be out shopping for suits and shirts for work "Oh look Imelda! Shoes!". :D Of course in reference to Imelda Marcos's 5,000 pairs of shoes, which never seemed to be enough.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Everyone, get ready, because I'm about to tell you something that you hear very rarely coming from a woman.
As part of my ongoing "simplify my life" project, I went through my entire closet to check what I still wear and to remove what doesn't need to be there.

Congratulations! It's not an easy thing to do, especially when one has a lot of $$$ invested in clothes.

I've recently decimated my closet, with merciless, blood-thirsty and ruthless purpose. It helps that my size is changing (on the way down thanks to being back to Waist-Watchers and kicking butt in the gym with the help and grace of Thor and Hanuman, and maybe in no small part to Herakles too... my lords of strength ;)). Shirts that were "tired" (aka "gently-worn... I take good care of my clothes) and even slightly ill-fitting got pulled out and donated. I discovered Kohl's line of Croft & Barrow and Chaps shirts, the Kohl's mobile app, and the proper size and fit for me. Good shirts for not a lot of $$$.

My polo shirts drawer needs a review, but they are pretty much new also. Pants are done and new. Though I can go almost two months (including weekends) without wearing a shirt twice, it is less than I previously had. Whereas I used to wear t shirts and jeans to work because I actually disliked my wardrobe, now it's pretty much only an extremely rare event that I'm not wearing dress slack, Dockers and a collared dress shirt (no tie). I feel a lot better about how I look and feel, and regularly get compliments.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey, @Brickjectivity , what happened to your 'gearhead' status?

(You're making changes, too, huh?).
A truly knowledgeable gearhead can do anything instantly without any training. Buzzwords and wishful jargon are instantly translated in our minds into meaningful expressions that produce results. For example if you were to say to me 'Gearhead you need some new clothes' I could calculate that in any number base without being asked. I could assess the algorithm underlying the color scheme and come up with an appropriate desktop style. You can never have enough clothes.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Pshaw!
That's nothing....I have enuf Hawaiian/island shirts
to wear a different one every day for over a year.
But don't need so many anymore.
I'll put a couple hundred on ebay.
Yes, but do you have the earrings to match?

Anyhoo, Just got back from visiting the Big Island and Kauai in September, bought a really nice one, in Kona.
I'd like another shirt from Hawaii. (Are they from there?)

If you wouldn't mind PMing me your eBay username, I'll bid on one or two!

Because I'm thickening my closet.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, but do you have the earrings to match?
Alas, no.
Anyhoo, Just got back from visiting the Big Island and Kauai in September, bought a really nice one, in Kona.
I'd like another shirt from Hawaii. (Are they from there?)
All "Hawaiian shirts" are from Hawaii.
The others are what are commonly called "island style".
If you wouldn't mind PMing me your eBay username, I'll bid on one or two!
Because I'm thickening my closet.
I'll let you know when I get around to it.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Grief

Thatsalada shirts! All with matching earrings and shoes, I wonder?

Yeah, I'm a shirt hound. I love different colors and patterns (plaids, checks, stripes, solid color with white cuffs and collar); divided equally between point/straight and button down collars. I actually prefer the button down collars, especially when wearing without a tie. Point collars tend to spread too flat when worn open without a tie. I have a few with French cuffs.

I've seen the abomination of French cuffs with a button down collar and wanted to gouge my eyes out. But then that would be the last image I'd remember seeing. It would be more effective to pry my skull open with a screwdriver and scrub my visual cortex with a Brillo Pad to remove said image. I keep telling myself "no more shirts!" but when I see one I like I get weak in the knees and can't resist.

Only two pairs of earrings... a pair of very small diamond studs and small gold hoops, both sets worn in both ears.

Shoes are somewhere in between the earrings and shirts. :D

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Knowing me to be the clothes-horse and shoe-collector I am, a buddy of mine used to say when we'd be out shopping for suits and shirts for work "Oh look Imelda! Shoes!". :D Of course in reference to Imelda Marcos's 5,000 pairs of shoes, which never seemed to be enough.
I remember hearing about Imelda. Yes, it does seem that 5,000 pairs is enough for 2 feet; but we don't know all of the facts.