• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

4 whites kidnap & torture black man for being black; Police: "just stupidity"

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I hear ya.

BTW, two of my grandparent's ancestry came out of Me'tis communities in Quebec. I don't know if those communities still exist-- do you know by chance?
Beats me, I'm from the other side of the country in glorious British Columbia :)
canada-british-columbia-yoho-national-park-emerald-lake.jpg

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Torture & bias against a race is not to be condemed?
Yes, but the condemnation needs only to be against the individuals involved; not against a race or society in general. It can only logically be a very limited condemnation.

buddhist

Yes, but the condemnation needs only to be against the individuals involved; not against a race or society in general. It can only logically be a very limited condemnation.
I agree; so where are the leaders condemning these four with their condemnation of a race?

habiru

rac·ist
/ˈrāsəst/

nounnoun: racist, plural noun: racists

• 1.a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another:"the comments have led to her being called a racist"

Curious George

Veteran Member
They were adults, 18+, not youths ... but in terms of black leaders, I meant prominent ones, like Obama or Al Sharpton.
They look like kids to me. But it also looks like a hate crime to me. If they are 18-19 then yeah, they are kids as far as I am concerned. But being a 18 year old kid doesn't excuse a hate crime.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
They look like kids to me. But it also looks like a hate crime to me. If they are 18-19 then yeah, they are kids as far as I am concerned. But being a 18 year old kid doesn't excuse a hate crime.
No way, they should known better for their age, we have to stop making excuses for the younger generation, they are just too lazy, and they don't like taking responsibly.

Curious George

Veteran Member
No way what? I am not saying they should not have known better. I am explicitly stating that age may make them kids still but this is still inexcusable for kids of their age.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Lol, it is not protection. It is what it is. Perhaps you should examine your views if you think saying an act is inexcusable is protecting.

Curious George

Veteran Member
They should be in jail, they are useless on the streets, to themselves and everyone else.
It sounds as though you have a high level of emotional investment in this, and like you are searching and lashing out for anything or anyone because you need something against which to fight. While I can empathize with your feelings of disgust when watching such behavior as displayed by these kids, I am not that person. I am making no claims regarding what ought to happen, only what, from my observation, has happened.

But cheers, anyway.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It sounds as though you have a high level of emotional investment in this, and like you are searching and lashing out for anything or anyone because you need something against which to fight. While I can empathize with your feelings of disgust when watching such behavior as displayed by these kids, I am not that person. I am making no claims regarding what ought to happen, only what, from my observation, has happened.

But cheers, anyway.
And you ?, are you for what these useless idiots did, if you are then I feel sorry for you.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Question; does this change things for people if you say it was 4 guys torturing a mentally disabled person? Because that is what it was too

Unless one s willing to admit racism and hate crimes on all sides it will never go away

tytlyf

Not Religious
These were friends playing around. RW media has been spinning this 'horrific torture' and playing the race card. You'll notice there is no mention of Benghazi, Email server, Clinton Foundation, etc. This is because republicans were politicizing everything for years on end. They don't care about 4 dead Americans.
Pure propaganda and spin coming from all layers in the echo chamber.
This is horrific torture, even worse than waterboarding which isn't torture.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
These were friends playing around. RW media has been spinning this 'horrific torture' and playing the race card. You'll notice there is no mention of Benghazi, Email server, Clinton Foundation, etc. This is because republicans were politicizing everything for years on end. They don't care about 4 dead Americans.
Pure propaganda and spin coming from all layers in the echo chamber.
This is horrific torture, even worse than waterboarding which isn't torture.
This post looks like you had some unused sentences from
several other posts lying around, & decided to store them together.