• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

240 days left until the world comes to an end

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
December 21 2012 Predictions – The 2012 End of The World ?
this, i believe is what this thread refers to,the end of the "world", not "ages"

What will end is this 'world' of badness.
This 'age' of badness will end.
What will end is, as Rev [11v18B] says, that God will destroy those destroying the earth. The end of this 'age/ world' of badness will be replaced by righteousness dwelling on earth. Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill.
-2nd Peter 3v13

james2ko

December 21 2012 Predictions – The 2012 End of The World ?this, i believe is what this thread refers to,the end of the "world", not "ages"

Just realized we're both wrong about the OP. It's not referring to the Mayans 2012 prediction. The numbers don't add up (check the post date). The post date plus 240 coincides with Mr Harold Camping's prophesied rapture date of May 21, 2011!

According to Mr Camping, the rapture will occur on May 21'st. Five months later, the earth will be destroyed. All of which I vehemently disagree, btw.

sniper762

urav, you say: Time will always exist because' forever' includes time.

"TIME WILL BE NO LONGER" (KJV) REVELATION 10:1-11 And another angel came down from heaven clothed with a cloud with a rainbow upon his head, his face was as the sun and hIs feet as pillars of fire. He had a little book open in his hand and stood with one foot in the sea and one on the earth and swore by God that there be TIME NO LONGER.

Last edited:

james2ko

"TIME WILL BE NO LONGER" (KJV) REVELATION 10:1-11 And another angel came down from heaven clothed with a cloud with a rainbow upon his head, his face was as the sun and hIs feet as pillars of fire. He had a little book open in his hand and stood with one foot in the sea and one on the earth and swore by God that there be TIME NO LONGER.

This is a common interpretation of this text. Some of the more modern translations render the term as, "there should be delay no longer". This seems to agree with the verse's Greek grammatical syntax. The chapter explains events which occur between the 6th and 7th trumpet. Verse 6 is simply indicating there will no longer be a delay in the critical prophetic declaration of this angelic being.

james2ko

i gave the kjv scripture and my interpretation is pretty much literal.

One must consider all factors: Historical, contextual, situational, and grammatical context before coming to a conclusion about a particular scripture.

james2ko

i've done that

Then you should have no problem elaborating on your interpretation of the historical, contextual, situational, and grammatical context of Revelation 10:6. I'm always open to new ideas. Just please, no copying and pasting..

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

....'be time no longer' is followed in verse 7 by: but....when...begin further action

The Greek word khro'nos in verse 6 means time, but what kind of time?

Please note in the Greek khro'nos [time] is used without a definite article.
So it not talking about time in general, but 'a time' or 'a period of time'.
In other words, no more time delay or delay of time before something else.

This Greek word khro'nos is also used by the apostle Paul at Heb 10v37 when Paul was referring to Habakkuk 2vs3,4 as 'tarry' will not tarry or delay or no longer amount of time needed on God's part to delay taking action.
Note Habbakkuk mentions the 'vision' is for the appointed time .....it [time] will not tarry...

Rev 10v7 mentions the days [days are time] ...the mystery or secret of God will be finished. So what is finished is not the end of time but the end of God's mystery or secret to now be fulfilled.

If time was not going to exist, then how could the governments or kingdoms of the earth become the kingdoms of Christ who will reign forever?
-Rev 11v15

Revelation is written in highly-vivid word pictures or visions and not meant to be a literal end of time as can be discerned by surrounding verses and chapters.

Whether you believe it or not, isn't the verse at Ecc 1v4 B that the earth remains or abides forever comforting?
Eternity is in our hearts.
For each day that we can think of we can always think of the next.
If healthy can't we always look forward to that next coming day?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Time will end when and if the universe(space) ends.

According to Scripture securely there is no 'if' involved.

It takes strength to maintain the universe, and according to Isaiah God has the power and the strength needed to always care for what he created.
Isaiah 40v26
Jeremiah 10v12; 32v17
Psalm 104v30

diosangpastol

Dios - ang - Pastol
The guy who's promoting this kind of eschatological fallacy is Harold Camping. He is a former member of the Christian Reformed Church until he decided to leave in 1988 to join Alameda Bible Fellowship. Mr. Camping (89 y/o) is the president of Family Stations, Inc. which is aired all over the world including the Philippines. In fact, he falsely prophesied the end of the world in September 1994. Surprisingly, he went again into prophesy by predicting the date of Rapture on May 21, 2011 and end of the world on October 21, 2011. I am very much sure like the Jehovah's Witness Governing Body who experience a failed prophecy on Armageddon last 2000, they will surely prepare a written explanation to rationalize their prophecy that did not materialize. Well. let's just wait how Harold Camping and his members will react on this failed prophecy.

For more information about Harold Camping and the Family Radio please read Dr. James White's article titled Harold Camping: Heretical Attacker of Christ's People. (Click
here)

cajunPita

Didn't Mr. Camping invest some of his money on ventures that take place after Oct 2011? I don't know where the docs are, I remember seeing the article though.

Just_me_Mike

Those that bash Harold Camping typically no very little about the person other than a book titled 1994 and what they might find on the Internet.
Harold has many listeners and readers to his programs, all of which are free of charge. They sell no advertising, and all though they do take listener support, I have never supported them. Not sure that matters.
He has no membership or club.
As for his book titled 1994, if you've ever bothered to look at it, it had a question mark after the title. In the book he indicates he may be wrong, but something significant was going to happen that year, and as we know now something did happen.

Moving on to this year, there is no question mark, but am explanation mark. 100% guaranteed judgement day will begin on May 21st.

So when the previous poster said he has been wrong before, that is a bit skewed to say that.
To the last poster, I do challenge you to present evidence that Harold has any investments planned after May 21st...