• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

240 days left until the world comes to an end

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
See you on May 22nd.

See you May 22nd because No 'man' knows the day or the hour,
and because 'man' is saying May 21st we know it will not be May 21st.

Also, we have not yet approached the 'final signal', so to speak, of 1st Thessalonians 5 vs2,3 when they [political] will be saying, 'Peace and Safety'
or 'Peace and Security' before Jesus comes by surprise!

Draka

Wonder Woman
I want to know what happens to all those people whom believe this so strongly when 12:00am May 22nd comes around and the world is still here? To believe any of the "end of days" prophesies or follow any of these cult leaders seems to only destroy those people when the world doesn't come to an end. The whole foundation of their belief system and their trust in their faith comes crashing down around them in an instant. It really screws with people's minds and the cult leaders (like Harold Camping) need to be prosecuted under some law. I'm sure something can be found to charge them with.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Should we start a count-down clock? (Not sure what's proper procedure in these situations.)

james2ko

Those that bash Harold Camping typically no very little about the person other than a book titled 1994 and what they might find on the Internet.Harold has many listeners and readers to his programs, all of which are free of charge. They sell no advertising, and all though they do take listener support, I have never supported them. Not sure that matters.He has no membership or club. As for his book titled 1994, if you've ever bothered to look at it, it had a question mark after the title. In the book he indicates he may be wrong, but something significant was going to happen that year, and as we know now something did happen.

Just curious, what apocalyptic event occurred in 1994?

Moving on to this year, there is no question mark, but am explanation mark. 100% guaranteed judgement day will begin on May 21st. So when the previous poster said he has been wrong before, that is a bit skewed to say that. To the last poster, I do challenge you to present evidence that Harold has any investments planned after May 21st...

Just went over Mr Camping's reasoning behind this date and I hate to be the bearer of bad news but according to scripture, Mr Camping will be wrong again..

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Those that bash Harold Camping typically no very little about the person other than a book titled 1994 and what they might find on the Internet.
Harold has many listeners and readers to his programs, all of which are free of charge. They sell no advertising, and all though they do take listener support, I have never supported them. Not sure that matters.
He has no membership or club.
As for his book titled 1994, if you've ever bothered to look at it, it had a question mark after the title. In the book he indicates he may be wrong, but something significant was going to happen that year, and as we know now something did happen.

Moving on to this year, there is no question mark, but am explanation mark. 100% guaranteed judgement day will begin on May 21st.

So when the previous poster said he has been wrong before, that is a bit skewed to say that.
To the last poster, I do challenge you to present evidence that Harold has any investments planned after May 21st...

A man of no credibility making unsubstantiated claims. Interesting.

Just_me_Mike

TW, I respect your assertiveness about the reality to this claim. At least on that day you won't be surprised, and it would appear that even if you knew it to be true you wouldn't want anything to do with this God. I appreciate your honesty.
However, even in your assertiveness God can change your heart, and that is out of your control. If he wants you he will take you.
I hope he does, cause I'd really like to drink a beer with you once we get to heaven.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
May 22, 2pm?

I'll let you guys know how it works out for us in NZ before you get it in the U.S. :p

Thanks Luke. That should give me just enough time to max out my credit cards.
icon14.gif

David69

Angel Of The North
God didnt go through all this bother getting me here just to destroy it all before I bring the world together! 21 12 12 =333 (9) lord of communication.
Gods work is being done right now on earth by the machiach... the true evil is falling right now! and soon also will false religion!

bhaktajan

What self-absord narsicism!

"Is God a person?" ---no one told me he is yet. Why should he? Who is he?

Yet, I know this: "I am a person. No matter what any dictator says. I am a person that is sooo important, that I think that their is no such thing as objective absolute truth. Yet, it is an absolute fact that I am a person, because . . . I think!"

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Such vanity: "The world will now come to an end soon!"

Such things are said by those "who forget". Never forget!
The twentieth century is a text book record of "The world coming to an end repeatedly in all forms and permutations." Just check the vital statistics. We are statistical data in the worldly pastime of consumerism ---and nothing more. It's all status quo of living in the material world of temporal duality, as observed of us conscious living entities, transmigrating from birth after birth seeking pleasure. It's the status quo of life.

Ever thought of selling life-insurance? It's a sure bet investment in your future.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Prediction...
Harold Camping claims the Rapture will occur on May 21,2011.
On May 22, Camping will claim the Rapture did indeed occur, but he and others were "Left Behind" to warn everyone about his other prediction, the date of October 21, 2011 for the end of the world.
When asked "who was raptured?", Camping will point to the 155,500 likely daily deaths that occurred May 21st, (ignoring that this is a daily occurrence), as those that "met Jesus in the clouds". Or perhaps claim that all Christians who die between May 21st and Oct. 21st are those "raptured".

Either that of a "Heavens Gate" like mass suicide, or both.

The reign of a cult leader rarely ends without tragedy.