• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

240 days left until the world comes to an end

sniper762

you know, being that this is a religios forum, it bothers me that so many here dont know what the bible says about the end of the world.

it will not end until AFTER the 1000 year millineal reign.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
you know, being that this is a religios forum, it bothers me that so many here dont know what the bible says about the end of the world.

it will not end until AFTER the 1000 year millineal reign.

Well, not everyone cares about the Bible, is the thing. I think this guy did, though, I dunno why he didn't mention that.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Personally the end occurs when the sun goes red giant, or I prematurely die. Whatever happens first. ;)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I haven't heard of this one yet. Just another annoying Doomsday prophecy that some will dread, some will mock, and most just won't care or be oblivious about and come the 22nd life will resume as normal for most of us anyways. I have always wondered though what it is like for the people who get caught up the end-of-time dates, and when their day comes and passes, what must be going through their head as they realize that nothing has changed.

james2ko

you know, being that this is a religios forum, it bothers me that so many here dont know what the bible says about the end of the world. it will not end until AFTER the 1000 year millineal reign.

I always thought the current age would end upon Jesus Christ return (Mat 24) and be replaced by the Millenial age (Isa 11) and after the millenium, the eternal age of the New Heavens and New Earth (Rev 21).

sniper762

AT SOME POINT THERE WILL BE "TIME NO MORE"

you speak of the millenial age. thats 1000 years, so we have AT LEAST that long until the end of our current world, right?

Sententia

For those keeping track, there are 240 days left...

I think I hurt my arm... I wonder if it will be fixed post end of the world.

The dead live again right?

ZombieKidcolored-1.jpg

Cause they are probably bored... poor skeletons and decayed dust or cremated dirt souls cant even hum... I wonder if zombies can hum... It wouldnt be much... but something...

Poor zombies....

hmmm... dummm.... doooo.... rwar......

Thats all they get... :sad4: (Hey Mods... what happened to :sad1: :sad2: and :sad3: ?) Why we just get :sad4: ?

Ponders.... Were the first 3 sad prototypes that bad? :confused:

Last edited:

james2ko

you speak of the millenial age. thats 1000 years, so we have AT LEAST that long until the end of our current world, right?

I see so your definition of the "current world" includes the millenial age whereas mine does not.

sniper762

you say that the NEW world is AFTER the millenium, so everything up to that is the current, right?

james2ko

you say that the NEW world is AFTER the millenium, so everything up to that is the current, right?

The Greek word for world is "kosmos" which can also be translated "age". The bible describes three distinct periods of time, worlds or ages which I mentioned earlier. Your definition seems to implicate the combination of the current world or age with the millenial world. Not that it's wrong but it can be misleading.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
what age do the predicters say will end in 2012?
No one but the misguided and misinformed believe the world will end in 2012. 2012 is actually nothing more than the ending of this current B'ak'tun and the beginning of a new one, which is the cycle of the Mayan Long Count calendar.

james2ko

ok, ages. are we not in the current age?

what age do the predicters say will end in 2012?

The current age but the current age is a separate time period from the millenial age and the millenial age is a distinct time period from the New heavens and New earth.

james2ko

December 21 2012 Predictions – The 2012 End of The World ?

this, i believe is what this thread refers to,the end of the "world", not "ages"

You are the one who bought up the millenial reign:

you know, being that this is a religios forum, it bothers me that so many here dont know what the bible says about the end of the world. it will not end until AFTER the 1000 year millineal reign.

Which, as you correctly implied, has nothing to do with the Mayan predictions. I was simply trying to clarify your statement.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Time will always exist because' forever' includes time.
For example:
Ecc 1v4 B; Psalm 78v69 B: the earth abides forever.
Psalm 37vs11,29: the righteous remain forever.
-Proverbs 2 vs21,22; 10v30

Jesus 1000-year reign over begins at the end of Matthew 24v14 that the good news of God's kingdom will be preached in all the earth and then will come the end of all badness on earth. -Psalm 92v7; 145v20

At the end of the thousand years Satan will be let loose out of the abyss and some, like Adam, will choose to follow Satan to their eternal destruction.
Satan is destroyed at that time frame.
-Hebrews 2v14 B; Rev 20v3

Time does not end. What ends is: death.
Our last enemy death will be brought to nothing.
Death will be no more.
Rev 21vs4,5; Isaiah 25v8; 1st Cor 15v26