• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 Believers Poll

Do you Believe that 2012 is Significant?

• I am a Christian. The world will end, or a new age will begin in 2012

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a Christian. I do not believe that 2012 is significant

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • I am a Muslim. The world will end, or a new age will begin in 2012

• I am a Muslim. I do not believe that 2012 is significant

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I am a Jew. The world will end, or a new age will begin in 2012

• I am a Jew. I do not believe that 2012 is significant

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I am a Baha'i. The world will end, or a new age will begin in 2012

• I am a Baha's. I do not believe that 2012 is significant

• I am a Hindu. The world will end, or a new age will begin in 2012

• I am a Hindu. I do not believe that 2012 is significant

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I am a Buddhist. The world will end, or a new age will begin in 2012

• I am a Buddhist. I do not believe that 2012 is significant

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I am a Sikh. The world will end, or a new age will begin in 2012

• I am a Sikh. I do not believe that 2012 is significant

• I am a Jain. The world will end, or a new age will begin in 2012

• I am a Jain. I do not believe that 2012 is significant

• I am Gnostic. The world will end, or a new age will begin in 2012

• I am Gnostic. I do not believe that 2012 is significant

• I follow and Indigenous religion. The world will end, or a new age will begin in 2012

• I follow and Indigenous religion. I do not believe that 2012 is significant

• I am a Pagan. The world will end, or a new age will begin in 2012

• I am a Pagan. I do not believe that 2012 is significant

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I am a LHP follower. The world will end, or a new age will begin in 2012

• I am a LHP follower. I do not believe that 2012 is significant

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I am Agnostic/Atheist. The world will end, or a new age will begin in 2012

• I am Agnostic/Atheist. I do not believe that 2012 is significant

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Other. Please specify below.

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters

BruceDLimber

MADHURI:

It looks like I misread the poll or it somehow otherwise got screwed up!

My reponse should be "I'm a Baha'i and 2012 will NOT be sidnificant." Apparently, it came out the other way (possibly my mistake; I don't know).

If you can, please cancel the single "yes" Baha'i vote and change mine to a Baha'i "no" vote instead!

Thank you! :)

Bruce

zizzer

I am an agnostic. If we do not get out the vote in 2012 unemployment benifits and social security will end.

Tol

Tol
I marked LHP "follower" (actually we tend to determine our own path), and I think 2012 will occur much as 2011.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
MADHURI:

It looks like I misread the poll or it somehow otherwise got screwed up!

My reponse should be "I'm a Baha'i and 2012 will NOT be sidnificant." Apparently, it came out the other way (possibly my mistake; I don't know).

If you can, please cancel the single "yes" Baha'i vote and change mine to a Baha'i "no" vote instead!

Thank you! :)

Bruce

Hey Bruce,
I don't think that I can edit poll votes but as you've let me know the mistake I will remember what it is meant to be. Thanks!

Smoke

Done here.
I don't believe that there is something significant in the year 2012 and if the world ends on that year, then, I won't be able to graduate in 2013!:sad4:

That would be so unfair,:sad4:

Isn't it bad luck to graduate in 2013? :D

St Giordano Bruno

I believe even if something spectactular does happen it will have absolutely nothing to do with 2012 it would be just a coincidence.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I dont believe it is a significant year, but I do believe a new era will occur at some future point in time. No one knows exactly when.

Renji

I think, I've watched a video clip from youtube about the year 2012. The reporter on that video interviewed a traditional Mayan "who have the the knowledge of the calender and the prophecy". The Mayan said that the real prophecy is: "That year is a beginning of a new era, not the end of the world. There would be no flood or any other phenomena. Also, a man of great wisdom will come on 2012." something like that, but not exactly.

Renji

Isn't it bad luck to graduate in 2013? :D

Lol, not to me. And better that, than not graduating at all because of the "cataclysmic event" in 2012. I won't allow it to happen:D And I'm very sure that I'll be sipping tea and reading books on Dec.21, 2012.

Last edited:

Requia

Other - December of 2012 is when a disputed election finally results in Sarah Palin being the next president.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I believe we are overdue for a world wide natural disaster. I do not believe it will happen on a specific date but do believe it will happen in my life time.

arun

I believe in 2012 ascension.The 2012 Scenario

Earth and it's life will ascend to five-dimensional existence and aliens would assist us in the process.UN appointed an extraterrestrial ambassador recently,so the governments are preparing to disclose the truth about alien visitors .

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
I voted: I am a Buddhist, I do not believe 2012 is significant. Here's my theory on the subject of the Mayan calendar ending in December 2012, and it's quite simple: that's when they decided to stop. They got bored with it, and that was that. Nothing special about the date. It's just when they ended it. I used to have a theory about why they ended on that date, with the number sequencing being neat looking, but their calendar was a lunar one, if I'm not mistaken. So their dates would not have matched up with our current Gregorian calendar.