• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You've died.....where are you?

When you die where do you expect to be?

• Afterlife realm created by God.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Afterlife realm created by future scientists.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Afterlife realm created by aliens.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another part of the computer simulation.

• Cryonically suspended.

• Reincarnated.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Only to decay in coffin or cremated.

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Not expecting to die - technology will keep me alive.

• Medical advances will keep me alive.

• Don't Know.

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Another option - see my post below.

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Another option: When you cease to exist, you are in the same place that other non-existent beings are, which is to say nowhere at all. People that cease to exist can only be said to really exist in the minds of those who survive them.

When I die I will go where eventually all of us will go, according to me that is. That is Pure Being. No matter what, even if you are the worst person or the greatest person, your ultimate destiny is to go back to the source.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
I shall move from the uniquely ordered part of chaos to the more common disordered form that is most of the universe, through entropy.

My children will carry much of my DNA (me) and I hope to have left them a better world that is more peaceful and fulfilling than when I entered it.

Cheers

azmo

Only to decay in coffin or cremated. - For me.I don't think there's a way to be immortal(at least not yet), and even if it would be possible, sooner or later someone would kill you. :thud:

Kerr

I would be dead, as in I don´t thinka anything will happen. But, due to some weird aspect of my mind, sometimes I feel like hell is where I will end up. Which is strange, considering there is no real reason for it and that I do not even believe in it.

Silver

Just maybe
I might upload my mind to a computer before I die.:run:

It's interesting to see most think that the coffin/cremation is what's waiting for us!
I still think if time travel is one day possible then an afterlife created by future scientists is awaiting us.

Silver.:faint:

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
I might upload my mind to a computer before I die.:run:
If such a thing were possible, you would probably just be producing a copy of your mind in the computer. YOU would still die. Your copy would live on. In principle, you could create as many copies of your mind as you wanted, but the original would still be stuck in a mortal brain.

Man of Faith

It looks like about only 14% of people are saved and going to Heaven. That is low for where I live in the Bible belt, but for online that sounds about right.

Rhizomatic

Vaguely (Post)Postmodern
I chose "another option". When I die I won't exist. I won't be cremated; the remains of my body will.