• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your secret? identify?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I mean the joke reveals its own basis in a sense, so I might as well just say it. My initials are EAF, which my friends interpret as "Erin as ****." So an invite might say "it needs to be Erin as **** at this party"

You explained the joke?
*boggles*

I'm not sure we can be friends any longer. Still, nice to know that a few fake tears can make you reveal your secrets. You ever do a cool magic trick, I fully intend to swoon dramatically so you'll reveal how it was done.

*cackles*

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm fairly open. People know I am a research mathematician, that I also have done the PhD classes in physics, that I live in the midwest, that I am polyamorous (currently de facto monogamous), married, that I am 58 years old.

Some people here know my first name.

While I have not said exactly where I live, it is known that I live close to a bigger city, but not in it.

If someone *really* wanted to figure out who I am, they could probably do so based on my posts and some detective work on the web.

Isn't your first name 'Poly'?

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Weren't you an importer/exporter who had a girlfriend named Elaine before you authored Venetian Blinds?

Oof. Deep down, I knew that I should not have shared my name and book on the forum... Now everyone can see more info about my career and personal life in this thread.

Are you sure we didn’t meet once in architecture class?

If you have to ask, then we probably did. How did things turn out for you?

For everyone else, to throw off the scent....
Everything I post about myself is a lie.

So, your name is not Willie and you don’t have the kavorka?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I'm very open, I think. That avatar is a painting of me, rather than a photograph. I've talked about my abused childhood, my growing up severely disturbed in a home for such kids in Ottawa, my high school years in a boy's boarding school. I've been honest that though I never got a degree (Children's Aid dumped me on the street at 17 with no savings, no nothing), but did go to university at night. I've talked about my career, including eventually reaching VP of IT for a major international insurance company (not bad for no degree). I've talked about my sexuality, the fact that I have a lover of 30 years, who has gone through a major, life-changing illness (severe Guillaine-Barre Syndrome).

And I tell everybody up-front what I think, and why I think it (that last "why" is the most important part).

No, I haven't provided my address, though I have provided my first name in its correct spelling (Allen). And if anybody was really diligent, I do not doubt that from the information I've given, they could find me without a huge amount of trouble.

I think anybody who can be bothered reading my drivel can know a lot about the real me, actually.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
2 members here know my email address & first name.
Alas, they don't post anymore.
For everyone else, to throw off the scent....
Everything I post about myself is a lie.
But, if everything you post about yourself is a lie, by saying that, you imply that saying you are lying is a lie, but....bzzzt! FAIL

Daemon Sophic

And again -- careful, or you'll become the most honest person on the forum!
OR….this whole time he’s actually been a politician!:confused::eek:
get-a-rope-pace.gif

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
So. Some people here are outgoing socialites, while others have lurked for years without posting.
What level of openness about your real world self have you revealed, and how much have you kept hidden from your fellow forumites here on RF?
And no, I don’t mean when you send a private message or email to someone. I mean what have you put forward out in the threads?
I’ll go first.

I tend to be a somewhat reserved. I’ve never posted my picture, revealed my address, my real name, nor my profession. From a review of my many years of posts in the RF, people could determine that I’m a middle-aged married man with a couple of teenage kids. I‘ve been diabetic since childhood, and I’m a vegan/vegetarian. I’m a professional of some sort, and I live somewhere in NY state, but not in NYC. I’m fairly well travelled, but only speak English, and I mostly grew up in Alaska.
Did I leave out anything?

Now your turn(s). :)
I am somewhat open about a few things here and there. People know my career and the state and region I live in. I have mentioned a few facts about myself, but I don't think they would be of much use in tracking me down. It turns out there are a lot of entomologists in Missouri and especially in the St. Louis and surrounding area. So that probably wouldn't help find me either.

I know a couple of people on here know my real first name. It is not Bugs. But there is someone on here that I would just as soon didn't know much about me personally. Otherwise, I would probably be more open than I have been.