• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your secret? identify?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
The other staff members have most of my PI save my address, SSN, bank account numbers, and passwords.

Most here know my first name, as it's been posted publicly many times, what I look like, city I live near, and many personal details of my life.

A few members have my phone number.

I tend to be reserved in public fora when I first join and reveal what I feel comfortable revealing as time on. Given I've been a member here for going on five years, at this point there isn't anything I can think of that I would feel uncomfortable sharing on RF, save the usual suspects that might lead to identity theft.

RestlessSoul

All you’re getting is name, rank and serial number.

Actually, that’s quite a lot, come to think of it. So probably just my serial number.

It’s 007

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Meh, I'm pretty open I guess. Who can be bothered with a fake online persona? That's soooooo millennial.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
You've never said that to me!

*Sobs uncontrollably*

I mean the joke reveals its own basis in a sense, so I might as well just say it. My initials are EAF, which my friends interpret as "Erin as ****." So an invite might say "it needs to be Erin as **** at this party"

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
One or two people know my real name. Those who read my posts would know I'm a retired teacher from Edmonton, Canada. I wouldn't share my address with anyone unless there was a reason. One person here knows as he sent me a gift, but most likely he chucked that info. I share stuff in general, but keep a lot of personal stuff private, following the teachings of my faith 'sacred is secret, secret is sacred'. I find it difficult to determine personally how public or private I am. It was a challenge for me to do the journal on the book I wrote.

As for others, I only get to know if I follow you somewhat, or have engaged in a one to one conversation, more or less, or if you're a very regular poster. I have poor memory for individuals.

Daemon Sophic

I have mentioned that I live in what used to be called New Philippines. Other things I have listed and/or mentioned are my age and birthdate, gender, and that I am in the education industry.

No one here knows my legal name, where exactly I live, what my living situation is, my phone number, email address, etc.

Anyway, considering that it is probably safe (and helpful, economically speaking), I will go ahead and reveal that my name is Art Vandelay and that I am the author of Venetian Blinds. There you go.
Gotcha.
1pTP.gif

Are you sure we didn’t meet once in architecture class?

….. or have engaged in a one to one conversation, more or less, or if you're a very regular poster. I have poor memory for individuals.
I know the feeling. Getting a name while shaking your hand, then engaging in a 15 minute conversation still only gives a 20% chance that I’ll remember your name by the time we’re done talking. o_O:oops:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm fairly open. People know I am a research mathematician, that I also have done the PhD classes in physics, that I live in the midwest, that I am polyamorous (currently de facto monogamous), married, that I am 58 years old.

Some people here know my first name.

While I have not said exactly where I live, it is known that I live close to a bigger city, but not in it.

If someone *really* wanted to figure out who I am, they could probably do so based on my posts and some detective work on the web.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
2 members here know my email address & first name.
Alas, they don't post anymore.
For everyone else, to throw off the scent....
Everything I post about myself is a lie.

Edit....
3 members know.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
So. Some people here are outgoing socialites, while others have lurked for years without posting.
What level of openness about your real world self have you revealed, and how much have you kept hidden from your fellow forumites here on RF?
And no, I don’t mean when you send a private message or email to someone. I mean what have you put forward out in the threads?
I’ll go first.

I tend to be a somewhat reserved. I’ve never posted my picture, revealed my address, my real name, nor my profession. From a review of my many years of posts in the RF, people could determine that I’m a middle-aged married man with a couple of teenage kids. I‘ve been diabetic since childhood, and I’m a vegan/vegetarian. I’m a professional of some sort, and I live somewhere in NY state, but not in NYC. I’m fairly well travelled, but only speak English, and I mostly grew up in Alaska.
Did I leave out anything?

Now your turn(s). :)
I have my picture, my age is available, pretty open but don't reveal my address (not that anybody can't find out). By now everyone should know my profession.

Been transparent of being bi-lingual, where I have lived (probably haven't mentioned every place) and the reality that had it not been for Jesus, my wife and I would have followed our parents road to divorce.

Not hesitant about revealing my past and past errors (have done so publicly in so many cases).

PS... just celebrated our 47th anniversary.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Gotcha.

I know the feeling. Getting a name while shaking your hand, then engaging in a 15 minute conversation still only gives a 20% chance that I’ll remember your name by the time we’re done talking. o_O:oops:
20%? I'm more about 2%. I do do better if I concentrate on it. But generally it's some stranger, who you'll never meet again, so what's the point. Through concentration, at school, learning the names of 25 strangers was hard. But I learned little tricks.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm actually a ghost. And not the Casper kind. I'm a Conjuring kind of boogeywoman. In the past, I've disclosed just enough info if someone wanted to find me... they can. :) They'd better bring the Warren's with them.

Oh wait, the real Warrens are deceased. Have fun meeting me irl. :D
Warrens? Like a rabbit warren? Are you one of us?