• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Religion

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend nomadchild,

Religion only means a way of life.
The way one lives is his religion and personally do not follow any organised religion but one that is personal which accepts life in totality without bias and also that one is a part of that *Whole* and goes back to it.

Love & rgds

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Thank all of you for your replies, I hope to learn a lot from many of you over the next few years. Once again thanks for your time!
-Ian

Why don't you post some of your perspectives? We might learn things from you as well. -NM-

nomadchild

Gone Sailing
Why don't you post some of your perspectives? We might learn things from you as well. -NM-
Currently I am open minded to all, I have not come to any conclusions about religion as I am currently lacking the knowledge to make a decision. I am here as the pupil and perhaps to clarify on some things if I find contradicting evidence if the need be. Thanks for your time!
-Ian

nomadchild

Gone Sailing
For the ones of you that answered eclectic, or a compilation: What holy texts do you prefer, do you attend religious services? Thanks for your time!
-Ian

dust1n

Zindīq
I am undecided when it comes to religion so I would like to hear from the members what there views are, and why they believe. Thanks for your time.
-Ian

I am an absurdist/nihilist, which is basically a belief that nothing has inherent meaning, and the only meeting ever found is created through the individual.

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
I would love to share my belief.
I believe in Jesus Christ the one and only true God
I believe that we should repent of our sin, be baptize in the name of Jesus and then be filled with the gift of the Holy Ghost with speaking of other tongues (Though the baptizim and gift of the holy ghost doesn't have to be in order"

nomadchild

Gone Sailing
I fully recommend taking a spiritual drink from the Sri Granth Guru Sahib
Thank you for the source, I will look into it.
I would like to study all possible religions, so if anyone has any sources they would like me to take a look at, I would be very thankful. Thanks for your time!
-Ian

Last edited:

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
For the ones of you that answered eclectic, or a compilation: What holy texts do you prefer, do you attend religious services? Thanks for your time!
-Ian

I prefer all holy texts- The Vedas, the Upanishads, the Tao Te Ching, the Buddhist scriptures, the Jewish scriptures, the NT, the Gnostic gospels, the Gita, the Koran. I prefer all of these. Do I attend religious services- Answer: Yes, I sometimes go to church, a liberal one (Episcopalian), or I go to Kemetic Orthodoxy's mother temple for festivals, rituals, etc. I am so universal minded I could fit in, in just about any religious service. I've been to a mosque before, I've been to a synagogue- nice Reform one here near me, I've been to several different churches, I've been to some Buddhist temples, would love to try out a Hindu temple. Thanks for your questions, and may I make a suggestion? Don't try too hard to find the truth, just let your inner self guide you, because in the end all roads lead back to the great road builder. ;)

Peace, your friend Joseph

fatima_bintu_islam

My religion is simple...

I speak kindly to others
I be responsible
I am respectful to all forms of life
I stay sober
I'm peaceful
I'm accepting of everyone
I frown on unrighteousness, and will only help if asked
I'm quiet
I enjoy my food, drink, and cigarettes

Im sorry to add this, but dont you think you should add Im arrogant to the list? :eek:
Im kidding

As for my religion then it is Islam, I have this very simple link which explains the basic fundamentals of Islam : An introduction to basic Islamic belief and practices at Forums.IslamicAwakening.Com

And heres a quote from it:
An introduction to basic Islamic belief and practices

I. Islam and Muslims

The name of this religion is Islam, the root of which, Silm or Salam, means peace. Salam is also part of the greeting of peace among Muslims. In addition, one of the beautiful names of God is As-Salam, meaning "The Peace". The word, however, means much more than just "peace". It means submission to the One God, as well as to live in harmony with other people and with the environment. A Muslim is, therefore, any person, anywhere in the world, whose obedience, allegiance and loyalty are to God, Lord of the Universe, and who strives to live in accordance with God's laws.

II. Muslims and Arabs

The followers of Islam are called Muslims. We should not confuse Muslims with Arabs. Muslims may be Arabs, or they may be Turks, Persians, Indians, Pakistanis, Indonesians, Europeans, Africans, Americans, Chinese, or any other nationality. Islam is not limited to any nationality or race.

Arabs, also, are not limited to only one religion. An Arab may be a Muslim, a Jew, a Christian, an atheist, or part of any other belief system. Any person who adopts the Arab language as his or her mother tongue is called an Arab.

While there are over one billion Muslims in the world, there are about 200 million Arabs, among whom about ten percent are not Muslim. Thus, Arab Muslims constitute only about twenty percent of the Muslim population of the world.

The language of the Qur'an, the Holy Book of Islam, is Arabic. Muslims all over the world try to learn Arabic so that they may be able to read the Qur'an and understand its meaning. They pray in the language of the Qur'an, but supplications to God may be in any language.

III. Allah, the One and the Only God

Allah is the name of the One and Only God. Allah has ninety-nine beautiful names, such as: The Gracious, The Merciful, The Beneficent, The Creator, The All-Knowing, The All-Wise, The Lord of the Universe, The First, The Last, and many others.

He is the Creator of all human beings. He is the God for the Christians, the Jews, the Muslims, the Buddhists, the Hindus and all others, including those who do not even believe in Him. Muslims worship God, and put their trust in Him as they seek His help and guidance.

As for how a day as a muslim looks like, then I think I already talked about it in my introduction post, let me find for you ..
Here it is: http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/you-new-religiousforums-com/94789-hello-morocco.html

Best regards :)

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
-Ian

Anything that really strikes my fancy and makes me think... and no, I typically don't attend religious services.

nomadchild

Gone Sailing
Thank all of you for your responses, I will be busy this weekend with a sailing regatta but I will make sure to check out all the sources, and various religions.
-Ian