• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Goddess

blackout

Violet.
The worlds lamest Setian?! :facepalm: Vi, you have a lot more potential than I think you realize. Why do you think I described you as "She who is Great in Magic"?

I just never fit labels well it seems.

My primary Goddess is Greek. :shrug:
and I love the muses.
You'd think I'd have more of a connection with Egyptian mythology.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Not all Setians Work with Egyptian Neteru. Some work with Greek god forms, Nordic god forms, Celtic god forms, etc. I was a member of the Black Muse Element in the ToS which focused on Music Magic.

Erebus

I just never fit labels well it seems.

My primary Goddess is Greek. :shrug:
and I love the muses.
You'd think I'd have more of a connection with Egyptian mythology.

Labels are a bit of fun, nothing more IMO. Play with labels as you see fit and remember that nobody exactly fits a label anyway (well... nobody interesting anyhow :cool:)

Anyway back to the OP

I'll pray to any Goddess that takes my fancy. Lilith, Hecate, Nyx and the Mother Goddess are common ones... oh and Ultraviolet too of course :D

blackout

Violet.
Labels are a bit of fun, nothing more IMO. Play with labels as you see fit and remember that nobody exactly fits a label anyway (well... nobody interesting anyhow :cool:)

Anyway back to the OP

I'll pray to any Goddess that takes my fancy. Lilith, Hecate, Nyx and the Mother Goddess are common ones... oh and Ultraviolet too of course :D

:D ...of course. :flirt:

tavthe

Abysmal Stargazer
Being a maiden myself I don't really have much to do with the Mother or the Crone aspects of Her.

I don't think that where you are physically has as much bearing on the goddess concepts we encounter, as does where we are mentally or spiritually. For instance I have met "crones" who identify more with mother goddesses. I, myself, am no longer a maiden, but not yet a mother, and seem to identify for the most part with crone types.

tavthe

Abysmal Stargazer
As for the subject of mother goddesses, the first one to make such a staggering impression upon me was Tiamat (the Babylonian dragon-mother of creation and chaos). Also included on my goddess list is Brigid, Morrigan, Hecate, Lilith, Hel, Athena, Baba Jaga (the slavic Crone who purifies with her hearth, and flies around in a giant mortar and pestle). Some other goddesses that have surfaced for me are those associated with natural elements, but whom I did not find fitting mythological associations so I only recognize them in their primal wonder: the moon, the twilight, the night.

I share sentiments that they come because they seek out things in people, just as we seek things out in goddesses, and that when that time has passed they move on - and then maybe others come to call on us in their place. This is the case with many of the goddesses I've listed (and gods I haven't). Of those I can say the ones who remain with me are: Tiamat (chaos, creation and primal ways), Brigid (light, poetry, healing, smith-craft), Lilith (passion), Ishtar (love, and the sacred marriage rite between kings and divine consorts such as she), Athena (strength of resolve and cleverness), and Baba Jaga (self-sacrifice); and those just-as-beautiful, non-descript ones. And beginning to feel a pull towards Mary Magdalene.

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
Brigit is my main lady. She's helped me out for a long time and Imbolc is a very special holiday to me.. the only one I really go out of my way for every year. As an artist she inspires my craft, as a healer she cares for my body, and in her aspect of fire goddess she helps temper my "heat".

One thing I find interesting is her travels. She went to the new world in hearts of Scots and Irish banished as slave labor to Haiti and became the Ghede Lwa Maman Brigitte, wife of Baron Samedi and queen of the dead. Her songs say that she is "from england". Women possessed by her put hot peppers on their vaginas to prove their possession and are untouched.

ChaoticCreature

Chaos Magician
I have felt pulls from many diffrent Goddesses. Right now I have been recently been feeling Athena was calling to me. Considering in one of my classes we have read the Odyssey which if you havent heard has a lot to do with Athena, that plus some other subtle hints, and more recently than that I had a dream of her. In the dream it was her standing proud, and tall when a voice calls "Pallas Athena" so I take that she is calling to me.

Zephyra

Erdesathi Follower
Hello!

My Goddess bears so many names and can be associated to many others depending the culture and the cults themselves.
However we chose to name her Lilith, and I precise, has nothing to do with the degrading pictures some made of her.

she represents the journey that my sisters and I are on. She is our symbol of Equality and Search of Balance.
She inspires us in this way.