• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Goddess

Mira_Omina

Priestess of Fashion Gods
There are many different Goddesses, from the Three Fold to Isis, Hera, and Freya. Going around with a good friend of mine, I've met a great many worshipers in the few months I've been settled in Goddess worship. Many of them I've never heard of and they don't seem google-able, for lack of a better word. I believe that there are many Goddesses and many faces of Her. I want to know about the Goddess(es) you worship and how you worship them, if you feel like sharing.

Also, random little thing here, but does anyone have the correct date of Beltane? I keep getting told it's on Valentine's Day but I could have sworn it was in April.

Peace y'all.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I worship Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt. The main Goddesses in my heart are Isis, Bastet, Sekhmet, and Tefnut. They all have a place in my heart for Their own reasons. :)

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
I am attracted to the gods and goddesses of Irish mythology, especially Brighid and Danu. I like to consider myself a child of the Donau because my family came from that region of central Europe.:D

Mira_Omina

Priestess of Fashion Gods
My primary Goddess is the Great Mother Goddes, the classic Three-fold. Being a maiden myself I don't really have much to do with the Mother or the Crone aspects of Her. I worship the Maiden and Artemis, whom I love for Her contridictions. Mostly my worship of them involves going on hunts (with a longbow, which I kinda suck at) during the new moon, working at animal shelters, and staying away from men.
Bata is perhaps the least well known of my goddesses, and she is the Egyptian goddess of Cows. I honor her by eating her children at as many meals as I can.
Isis is my Magic goddess. I don't do much with magic -best not to mess with it till you know what you're doing- but I burn incense for her.
Arianrhod is my goddess of Karma, the Wheel of the Year, and the Web of Fate. Some part of my head thinks that she loves bright colors, so I dedicate a lot of bright paintings to her as worship. She's Welsh, but I think worshiped in parts of Ireland too.
Blai is the Irish goddess of Contacting Faeries. My worship for her is burning Fairy incense.
Brigit is my goddess of Arts and Crafts, Fire, Poetry, and Divination. Mostly my worship of her involves sewing, incense, and Tarot.
Canis is probably dearest to me, because she is the Goddess of Dogs. I love dogs. Alexi told me that the way to worship her is to keep dogs, which I do. I love dogs.
The Volacano Goddess is my emotional goddess. I always have my mood necklace with me
I have more, but they're Gods.

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
My primary Goddess is the Great Mother Goddes, the classic Three-fold. Being a maiden myself I don't really have much to do with the Mother or the Crone aspects of Her. I worship the Maiden and Artemis, whom I love for Her contridictions. Mostly my worship of them involves going on hunts (with a longbow, which I kinda suck at) during the new moon, working at animal shelters, and staying away from men.
Bata is perhaps the least well known of my goddesses, and she is the Egyptian goddess of Cows. I honor her by eating her children at as many meals as I can.
Isis is my Magic goddess. I don't do much with magic -best not to mess with it till you know what you're doing- but I burn incense for her.
Arianrhod is my goddess of Karma, the Wheel of the Year, and the Web of Fate. Some part of my head thinks that she loves bright colors, so I dedicate a lot of bright paintings to her as worship. She's Welsh, but I think worshiped in parts of Ireland too.
Blai is the Irish goddess of Contacting Faeries. My worship for her is burning Fairy incense.
Brigit is my goddess of Arts and Crafts, Fire, Poetry, and Divination. Mostly my worship of her involves sewing, incense, and Tarot.
Canis is probably dearest to me, because she is the Goddess of Dogs. I love dogs. Alexi told me that the way to worship her is to keep dogs, which I do. I love dogs.
The Volacano Goddess is my emotional goddess. I always have my mood necklace with me
I have more, but they're Gods.

Very interesting. I especially like how you worship Artemis and Bata.:D

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
I Worship the old Canaanite Gods and Goddesses, (Christian wiccan). The Goddesses that I worship is:
Asherah - Mother Goddess, Co-Creator (With EL)
Anat - Goddess of War
Shapshu - Goddess of the Sun
Mary Magdalene - Co-Savior (with Jesus) (Technically a Demigod)

Onkara

Mahalakshmi seems to be a focal point for my spiritual thoughts. She is the Sanatana Dharma Goddess of wealth and beauty but ultimately represents the female aspect of Brahman in a form, in what little I know. The difficultly I have is it causes me much internal struggle to accept Her, I also know that worshiping for personal gain e.g. wealth is definitely not what I am seeking from religion or worship, rather She represents the beauty and qualities of the formless Brahman and She seems to be easy for me to approach mentally.

Last edited:

WayFarer

Rogue Scholar
As to your Beltane question in Ireland and Scotland it use to be celebrated in about the middle of May. Now in Edinburgh it is celebrated beginning on the evening of April 30th. We observe it on the 1st (of May) as it is opposite of Samhain and we still celebrate that on the last (of October).
Of course it is/was not unusual for the celebrations to be held on the evening before the day of something as it use to be considered that the next day actually starts on the evening (sundown) the day before. (The tradition is reflected in Christmas Eve(ning).)

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
My Goddess pantheon consists of Selene, Hecate, Artemis, Athena, Lillith, Amaterasu, Gaia, and Elbereth. Artemis, Selene, and Hecate are the names I also assosciate with the great mother goddess in her three forms of maiden mother and crone. Elbereth comes from the sillmarillion actually and is the name I currently use for the "star goddess" in feri tradition. The Star Goddess is the supreme mother goddess who created the universe in Feri Tradition mythos. Amaterasu is the japanese sun goddess. As for lillith I see her more as a being on the verge of becoming a goddess and as such she represents the journey that I and all other seekers are on. Selene was the first goddess in pantheon and the first god for me to connect and work with. As such she holds the most prominent place currently. I view Lillith as an older sister type goddess and Selene as my primary mentor goddess so they are the most important members of my goddess pantheon. Elbereth is newest member.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
There are three goddess principles that I Work with on a Magical level.

1. Ma'at= Egyptian goddess of Justice and Truth.
2. Bast= Egyptian female cat goddess of music and the arts. Bast is a creative, nurturing, loving, but also a very powerful and ruthless Neter.
3. Sekhmet= Egyptian lioness headed goddess of the wastelands and the scourging heat of the sun, also a goddess of vengeance and war. An ideal Neter to call upon when casting forth curses. Sekhmet is the sister of Bast.

/Adramelek\

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
There are three goddess principles that I Work with on a Magical level.

1. Ma'at= Egyptian goddess of Justice and Truth.
2. Bast= Egyptian cat goddess of music and the arts. Bast is a creative, nurturing, loving, but also a very powerful and ruthless Neter.
3. Sekhmet= Egyptian lioness headed goddess of the wastelands and the scourging heat of the sun, also a goddess of vengeance and war. An ideal Neter to call upon when casting forth curses.

/Adramelek\

ehhhmm....

Did you forget someone? :flirt:

blackout

Violet.
ok... while my answer in post #12 still stands...

in the spirit of the thread,

NYX. My lady Night.

Just recently I have come to know the presence of Isis.

Lady Light. ;)

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
There are two goddess that have played a rule in this life for me.
Amaterasu: I give her great respect, for she was the first goddess to really appear to me, and I believe opened my eyes('saved' me), to something more. Shining a light on some knew(being the goddess of the Sun and all).
The goddess right now that has me ^_^ is Lady Sekhmet. And what can I say, when the Lady comes to speak....you listen.

blackout

Violet.
Ah, yes-- UltraViolet= Goddess of Transcendent Beauty, Music, and She who is Great in Magic.;)

:bat:
/Adramelek\

:D lol... I even got a description.

Proof that I'm a goddess...
I never sleep. :eek:

PS...
I look at your list up above and feel like the world's lamest Setian.
:rolleyes:
I am. But it's ok.... as long as I'm the world's greatest me. :bkcat:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Code:
PS...
I look at your list up above and feel like the world's lamest Setian.
:rolleyes:
I am. But it's ok.... as long as I'm the world's greatest me. :bkcat:

The worlds lamest Setian?! :facepalm: Vi, you have a lot more potential than I think you realize. Why do you think I described you as "She who is Great in Magic"?