• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your `God` compared to none

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
There was no first. There is no last. There is only now, and now is forever. That is where you will find God, exactly where you found your Spirit; right here in the eternal moment.
~
Number one....there is no `NOW`, only imagined fear of `forever`.

My spirit found me, and it will leave as I disappear, to merge further into the pond of Spirits.

There's no gates around my `heaven`, it is Earth and it's Stuff.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
@'mud you know me, no god needed

But

Excluding the millions of Hindu gods there have been around 4200 named gods worshipped throughout history. About 3800 of them were unique creator gods (how that works i will never know)

So, ya makes ya choice and ya pays ya money
~
I see a lot of idols in the Hindu beliefs, but....are they the `GOD`, that `created` everything ?

I am somewhat surprised by this discovery, boy...am I dumb...again ?

Sorry

RestlessSoul

~
Number one....there is no `NOW`, only imagined fear of `forever`.

My spirit found me, and it will leave as I disappear, to merge further into the pond of Spirits.

There's no gates around my `heaven`, it is Earth and it's Stuff.

Your Spirit found you because it is you. Your ego, that voice in your head, your worldly identity - none of that is you. These things are illusions, and as such will pass away.

I will hand back my name,
As I step into the
garden of flowers

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
~
I see a lot of idols in the Hindu beliefs, but....are they the `GOD`, that `created` everything ?

I am somewhat surprised by this discovery, boy...am I dumb...again ?

Sorry

I think it was Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva who are in charge of creating everything in Hinduism, all the others are just gods

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
~
About form and function: really ?

Describe the `form` of your `God`
The `function` is to provide death.

Form of my God??? No God , just that nature is intelligent enough to produce human beings. I think nature has intelligence not agency. Death is apart of the program.

I believe in something a little like Brahman. Only I believe we are selfs, and not all one.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Form of my God??? No God , just that nature is intelligent enough to produce human beings. I think nature has intelligence not agency. Death is apart of the program.

I believe in something a little like Brahman. Only I believe we are selfs, and not all one.
~
I also like the idea of Brahman paths to entitlements toward Nirvana and beyond,
but......here on Earth.....Stuff changes to life...and on again into new stuff...

You want spirits to separate from the spiritual merge ? Without cognizance ?

Who knew..

Segev Moran

~

I could say: Segev is describing the Cosmos within our system of all the forces, to a point !

We don't really know the end of `everything`, or what lies beyond.
We can only guess at what the causal Origen was, maybe that's the spirit we all seek.
What do you mean by spirit?
(Asking because every one have its own definition).

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Spirit is the sample of the cosmos passed through the coupling of two spirits merging to release a new...
and on and on, I could have used.........

Or that inner feeling of what's to come after death, after that, my spirit is free.
All that's left is not being, memories are left to those with awareness.

Ahhh...what is Spirit ? I am probably wrong, but, why do spirits leave us ?
I wonder, where does one's spirit contain one's awareness ?
What robes does a spirit wear ?
From Mom and Dad, spirits abound, born from spirits within, but...where do they really go.

My spirit is in the soil beneath and the air above, the stuff that fosters life and life becomes stuff.

Kinda sad....no-one will ever know

Clara Tea

That's it.....I have only my spirit, and not sure of that.
But, no `GODS`. Maybe your `God` could be mine ?
Describe your `God` in plain whatever language you choose.
The teachings of most religions are sound. Usually people don't follow the teachings. Thus, Christians don't follow in the path of Jesus. As a result, we have wars and torture camps, ignore the homeless, destroy God's environment, etc.

I believe that the right religion is a mixture of all of the religions (at least the non-violent parts).

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
The teachings of most religions are sound. Usually people don't follow the teachings. Thus, Christians don't follow in the path of Jesus. As a result, we have wars and torture camps, ignore the homeless, destroy God's environment, etc.

I believe that the right religion is a mixture of all of the religions (at least the non-violent parts).
~
Ahhh...`the teachings`, those excellent words of good behavior for living a true and just life.

You follow the teaching of Christ do you ? Follow your NT. How many sentences did Jesus really say ?
Count them please, Jesus was quoted as having said those things, and the memories of the elders,
especially the apostles, some of them passed away. It is a good fortune that Saul found Matthew, to tell the original story, I question the accuracy of anything Saul wrote. How many sentences from Jesus' mouth ?

Nuff Stuff

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
How do you sort out the teachings of each religion for yourself? Do you reconcile them with each other, pick and choose which teachings are valid for each one (as you seem to do with violence)?

The Baha'i method is partly saying that certain laws and teachings apply to one age (which we term social laws), and other social laws in another. Another consideration is that the language of one religion may be different than the precise language of another religion, but they are in reality talking about the same concept. Still another is that most religions of the past have been written down later after being passed down orally for a differing number of years, so there will be some inaccuracy, not to mention in some cases people in between possibly inventing in some scriptures or sayings.

Truthseeker

There was no first. There is no last. There is only now, and now is forever. That is where you will find God, exactly where you found your Spirit; right here in the eternal moment.
I think I know what you mean. When you say now is forever, it is pointing to an eternal reality that exists right now. It exists at all times.

Truthseeker

That's a hard thing to do :)
When I say God, this is what I mean:

An unknown force that has intellect. meaning it does not only obey rules, rather is able to make ones.
For us, beings inside the universe, this force is external to the universe and as such is not bound to the physical laws we are familiar with (such as time or volume).
This force has an ongoing effect on the way things "behave" in our universe.
This force is something that can be "tapped into" or connected with.
We cannot understand this force, rather we witness its affects on our existence.
This force, once noticed, can provide an amazing insight of life and existence.

This is in a nutshell.
I agree with that.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That's it.....I have only my spirit, and not sure of that.
But, no `GODS`. Maybe your `God` could be mine ?
Describe your `God` in plain whatever language you choose.
the spirit of the individual form is the universal spirit somewhat cloaked; so as to give the appearance, distortion, to the outer eye of difference,

when in reality energy is found in all forms. now the bigger question is how can something minor have consciousness and something bigger appear not. again the illusion is in forms but how do you know anyone else is conscious.

How Do I Know I’m Not the Only Conscious Being in the Universe?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey @Fool

How does one know the true meaning of solipsism ?

"The solipsism problem thwarts efforts to explain consciousness. Scientists and philosophers have proposed countless contradictory hypotheses about what consciousness is and how it arises. Panpsychists contend that all creatures and even inanimate matter—even a single proton!—possess consciousness. Hard-core materialists insist, conversely (and perversely), that not even humans are all that conscious."

Imagine the sensation of expecting an oncoming touch, that never comes !

The `sense of possibilities` exists in living creatures, even to the tiniest little microbe.

Most `stuff ` doesn't have those properties, even mud !
But worms do !
So......scientificamerican doesn't tell the truth all the time, but......

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
hey @Fool

How does one know the true meaning of solipsism ?

"The solipsism problem thwarts efforts to explain consciousness. Scientists and philosophers have proposed countless contradictory hypotheses about what consciousness is and how it arises. Panpsychists contend that all creatures and even inanimate matter—even a single proton!—possess consciousness. Hard-core materialists insist, conversely (and perversely), that not even humans are all that conscious."

Imagine the sensation of expecting an oncoming touch, that never comes !

The `sense of possibilities` exists in living creatures, even to the tiniest little microbe.

Most `stuff ` doesn't have those properties, even mud !
But worms do !
So......scientificamerican doesn't tell the truth all the time, but......
blind skepticism vs blind belief. two extremes. probably somewhere in the middle

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
WOW....the mud wins...it can `feel` other stuff....

well....I guess...`God` is everywhere in everything and senses all !

Have it your way....see you at the gates, somewhere !