• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your `God` compared to none

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
God: the Universe, understood as a whole, conscious because it has conscious beings that are intrinsically a part of it.

Gods: innate response mechanisms (roughly, instincts), born from the dynamic process of creation (as we evolve, our biology adapts to changing environments) and traits we inherit that inspire us towards life and change, forged into mythologies through supernormal imagery.
~
So....`We` are `God` and we have evolved from what ?

We came from Stuff, evolved, became life and eventually die.

So...what's new ?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
~
So....`We` are `God` and we have evolved from what ?

We came from Stuff, evolved, became life and eventually die.

So...what's new ?

In a sense yes, we are God (using the term as a meaningful symbol for the undefinable eternal nature of creation and being), but are conscious extensions of It. We are the Universe experiencing Itself.

We are born into different parts of an eternally developing pattern (as far as we can tell), dying into it. Evolving. The old gods speak to us, whispering to us to build skycraper nests and hoard gluttonous cellophane foods against eternal winters.

Last edited:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
In a sense yes, we are God (using the term as a meaningful symbol for the undefinable eternal nature of creation and being), but are conscious extensions of It. We are the Universe experiencing Itself.

We are born into different parts of an eternally developing pattern (as far as we can tell), dying into it. Evolving. The old gods speak to us, whispering to us to build skycraper nests and hoard gluttonous celophane foods against eternal winters.

Or, more plainly, we are beings born from a system bigger than us with a biology and environment that shapes our actions.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Seems I misunderstood the OP when I first read this. I worship 5 gods. But I would never convince anyone to worship them or try to.
~
I don't believe in satan or his/her/it cronies, including `god`, angels, or bugles in the clouds blaring redemption.....
Describe your `gods`....all five of them !

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
~
I don't believe in satan or his/her/it cronies, including `god`, angels, or bugles in the clouds blaring redemption.....
Describe your `gods`....all five of them !
Loki is chaotic.
Angrboda is associated with wolves and is fierce.
Lucifer is about self love and bettering oneself.
Hel is a death deity. Kinda cold but loving.
Sigyn is a very loyal deity and kind.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Evolution doesn't explain the form and function. It only explains complexity in nature. The form and function I see requires deliberate intention.
~
About form and function: really ?

Describe the `form` of your `God`
The `function` is to provide death.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Loki is chaotic.
Angrboda is associated with wolves and is fierce.
Lucifer is about self love and bettering oneself.
Hel is a death deity. Kinda cold but loving.
Sigyn is a very loyal deity and kind.
~
This one get's me: "Lucifer is about self love and bettering oneself." over the corpses of the dead and forgotten? He wants to better himself....................forget it.........call `god`

VoidCat

~
This one get's me: "Lucifer is about self love and bettering oneself." over the corpses of the dead and forgotten? He wants to better himself....................forget it.........call `god`
I should say teaching folk to better themselves. And to seek knowledge as well.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Basic human commonsense.

If your human parents never had sex you wouldn't exist.

As basic science advice any human liars could own.

The earth O is a separate body from its heavens

Your machine thesis earth are fake.

Bio life owns the heavens not machines.

We live as a high percentile bio water life. Not your fake cosmic thesis.

We live inside water oxygenated body held to the ground by gas pressures.

You should stop lying.

VoidCat

~
Your talking about a `message` from Lucifer ?? About himself ?? I'm lost !
With that message ?
Really ??

Only from the `pits`
I mean he's a deity that requires his followers to better themselves and to seek knowledge

VoidCat

I mean he's a deity that requires his followers to better themselves and to seek knowledge
Deities dont literally speak to folk. Maybe through meditation or dreams or intuition or signs or divination. But not audibly like a person talking to someone else

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Other than RayofLight, is there anyone here that I ignored ?

@RayofLight
Hey, your way above my pay grade, good luck with that downhill snowfall, right to Lucifer's jaws !

Segev Moran

That's it.....I have only my spirit, and not sure of that.
But, no `GODS`. Maybe your `God` could be mine ?
Describe your `God` in plain whatever language you choose.
That's a hard thing to do :)
When I say God, this is what I mean:

An unknown force that has intellect. meaning it does not only obey rules, rather is able to make ones.
For us, beings inside the universe, this force is external to the universe and as such is not bound to the physical laws we are familiar with (such as time or volume).
This force has an ongoing effect on the way things "behave" in our universe.
This force is something that can be "tapped into" or connected with.
We cannot understand this force, rather we witness its affects on our existence.
This force, once noticed, can provide an amazing insight of life and existence.

This is in a nutshell.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
~
That's a hard thing to do :)
When I say God, this is what I mean:

An unknown force that has intellect. meaning it does not only obey rules, rather is able to make ones.
For us, beings inside the universe, this force is external to the universe and as such is not bound to the physical laws we are familiar with (such as time or volume).
This force has an ongoing effect on the way things "behave" in our universe.
This force is something that can be "tapped into" or connected with.
We cannot understand this force, rather we witness its affects on our existence.
This force, once noticed, can provide an amazing insight of life and existence.

This is in a nutshell.

I could say: Segev is describing the Cosmos within our system of all the forces, to a point !

We don't really know the end of `everything`, or what lies beyond.
We can only guess at what the causal Origen was, maybe that's the spirit we all seek.

RestlessSoul

~
What came first..........Spirit, or God
Where was the creation started, in what Cosmos ?

There was no first. There is no last. There is only now, and now is forever. That is where you will find God, exactly where you found your Spirit; right here in the eternal moment.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
@'mud you know me, no god needed

But

Excluding the millions of Hindu gods there have been around 4200 named gods worshipped throughout history. About 3800 of them were unique creator gods (how that works i will never know)

So, ya makes ya choice and ya pays ya money

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I grew up at 12...hating nuns...and rulers !!

Found peace with my spirit, fell in love with life,
and all the other stuff, and now and then Stuff !

You should see my kitchen !
Hmm, describe my God. Well first off no nuns, and no rulers, unless you have been a very naughty boy. I am sure that there is a kink room for that somewhere. Otherwise it is beer and spaghetti and meatballs, ooh, and stripper factories. I am sure that there are a lot of different kinks there.