• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your favorite meditation music

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What is some good music to listen to get into a trance, meditate, or find peace and tranquility? I used to listen to monks chanting mantras or Gregorian chant, but forget what the name of the mantra or soothing chant was.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I typically meditate in silence. But occasionally I will listen to Tibetan singing bowls if I feel the need for a auditory anchor.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
During my first experiences I was listening to S&G, their four seasonings album, I think.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
...or it may have been Sounds of Silence -- it was a long time ago.:rolleyes:
It's quite difficult to find a silent place these days. My house has a furnace buzz, and we can hear a freeway hum if the window is open. Even harder to find a dark place, unlike my early life on a family farm in rural Alberta. Outside, dark was dark, literally. Couldn't see your hand 6 inches in front of your eyes.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't consciously [sic] meditate but i find all sorts of classical especially chinese classical music relaxing and also some chant.

PureX

Veteran Member
What is some good music to listen to get into a trance, meditate, or find peace and tranquility? I used to listen to monks chanting mantras or Gregorian chant, but forget what the name of the mantra or soothing chant was.
I would not be able to mediate/contemplate as needed, with music.

However, I do find some music particularly relaxing.

I used to like to walk in the woods listening to this album, a lot ...

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I would not be able to mediate/contemplate as needed, with music.

However, I do find some music particularly relaxing.

I used to like to walk in the woods listening to this album, a lot ...
But how do you hear the rustling leaves, the singing birds -- the bear coming up behind you?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It's quite difficult to find a silent place these days. My house has a furnace buzz, and we can hear a freeway hum if the window is open. Even harder to find a dark place, unlike my early life on a family farm in rural Alberta. Outside, dark was dark, literally. Couldn't see your hand 6 inches in front of your eyes.

I can relate to the darkness thing. Living in the hills of West Virginia, I swear I could see every star and actually have my bearings on which direction I was looking though the galaxy. Now in the suburbs of Cleveland, I can only see the bright ones.

As far as noise, I am lucky to live alone and have the ability to experience (practical) silence whenever I want (provided I mute my phones and the laptop). I still have the furnace sound kick on every now an again or the occasional car drive by, but if I do hear them, they really don't interrupt my samadhi. These subtle sounds are merely objects in my consciousness, just as is my breath, the taste in my mouth, the smell of the room, and the feel of ambient air and and my clothing on my skin.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Yellow brick cinema on Youtube is what I usually listened to, if that. What type of mediation are you doing?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

Enigma