• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You don't eat pork? Wear this so we do not serve it to you

Wirey

Fartist
I'm only speculating for now. I mean, people do say "you are what you eat". I eat too much fish and I'm a good swimmer and a scardy cat... go figure!

That displays a serious lack of credibility. So if I eat chicken eventually my ancestors will be able to fly? Please don't cheapen an argument with something like that. The Jew/Muslim dietary laws were intended to protect what were essentially cave people before refrigeration was invented. Making any claim that they are relevant now because a pork chop will cause my children to have hooves is right up there with saying we should burn female voters at the stake because they are witches.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
That displays a serious lack of credibility. So if I eat chicken eventually my ancestors will be able to fly? Please don't cheapen an argument with something like that. The Jew/Muslim dietary laws were intended to protect what were essentially cave people before refrigeration was invented. Making any claim that they are relevant now because a pork chop will cause my children to have hooves is right up there with saying we should burn female voters at the stake because they are witches.

Or you can re-read my post carefully and see it does not mean growing wings to fly for eating chicken or hooves for eating pork. It clearly suggests habits not mutation. Anyways, all I did was giving other thoughts, not facts, to think out of the box of the ongoing health trend.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why don't you put him on ignore?
Then we won't have to waste time on your silly responses.
Thanks in advance.
Tom
That would be foolish, IMHO. I think Jayhawker's terseness masks the fact that he's one of the most scholarly and insightful posters on RF.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
For a more active love life, you might want to eat more rabbit.
(They're known for procreation.)
I thought you should eat oysters for that?

Or are you perhaps going with the "you are what you eat" theory?
If you are, stay away from fruits and nuts....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I thought you should eat oysters for that?

Or are you perhaps going with the "you are what you eat" theory?
If you are, stay away from fruits and nuts....
The differences is that Smart Guy becomes what he eats.
So he should become like a rabbit.
To eat oysters is not to become them, but rather to enjoy the aphrodisiac effects.

Note:
Perhaps it's from eating so much bacon that I really enjoy a good mud wallow?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Okay, it's official. I'll eat alligator meat to get thick skin! Wait, I think I already got that :p (I wish)

Or is crocodile's better?

Nah, even if the "you are what you eat" theory is real, such things would take generations to give any effects. Isn't that right, evolutionists?

Oh well, many scientific facts are actually based on theories and speculations. Without those, tons of scientific facts wouldn't have seen lights.

As for rabbits, I am like a rabbit already. I'm just a well educated human to control my rabbit-ism.