• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You don't eat pork? Wear this so we do not serve it to you

Khudayar

Muslim students in French school forced to wear colored discs for not eating pork!

Pig is an impure animal. Muslims and observant Jews do not consume its meat. In the West, especially in Europe, pig meat is much cherished. It is their choice but a school in France forced Muslim and Jewish students to wear colored discs so that canteen staff would not serve them pork meat at lunchtime. It outraged parents and revived memories of the Nazis' practice of forcing Jews to wear the yellow star during WWII.

Paris, Crescent-online
Monday September 28, 2015, 09:49 DST

Reviving memories of forcing Jewish people to wear the yellow star in Nazi Germany, a French school made Muslim and Jewish students to wear colored discs around their necks.

The ostensible reason was that canteen staff would not serve them pork during lunchtime.

Staff at Piedalloues Primary School in Auxerre, Burgundy ordered students to wear red color discs if they did not eat pork and yellow discs if they did not eat meat at all.

Of the 1,500 students at school, only 18 were made to wear the discs but it caused outrage among parents and community leaders.

The town’s mayor has ordered a probe into the incident and passed on the responsibility for this outrageous act onto canteen staff.

He said the decision was made without the authorities’ knowledge and it has been withdrawn but tried to justify the act by saying the canteen staff were only trying to be careful so as not to serve pork to students that did not eat it.

If there are 18 students that did not eat pork, why was it not possible for these students to sit together in one area so that there would be no confusion?

“It’s revolting. It reminds you of the darkest times,” a local councillor, Malika Ounès was quoted as saying.

“Practices like this are not acceptable. No one has the right to impose this on children.”

Christian Sautier, director of communications in the mayor’s office said it was “an isolated, clumsy and unfortunate initiative” that lasted only one day.

France claims to be an egalitarian society proclaiming such values as “liberty” and “fraternity” but the establishment insists on imposing its values on others.

The French Far-Right Nationalist leaders in past have tried to force school canteens from serving non-pork meals to students.

Even former president Nicholas Sarkozy, son of Hungarian immigrants and himself of Jewish extraction, was also among centre-Right leaders to have opposed serving of pork-free options in schools.

State schools in France have banned headscarves and the French government imposed a ban on wearing the niqab in public in 2011.

So much for French freedom and respect for others, with the pork scandal the latest of its racist, Islamophobic acts.

Unfortunately it will not be the last.

Source: http://www.crescent-online.net/2015...ating-pork-crescent-online-5105-articles.html

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The ostensible reason was that canteen staff would not serve them pork during lunchtime. ... the decision was made without the authorities’ knowledge and it has been withdrawn but tried to justify the act by saying the canteen staff were only trying to be careful so as not to serve pork to students that did not eat it.
Using the outrageous to inflame is not helpful. He tried to justify nothing. Rather, he explained, repudiated and immediately aborted the disgusting practice.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
This is another miserable story about muslims in the europe. Pls cite me a case when the jews complain about pork serving in very public places,they don't eat pork either,more over they don't eat cheeseburgers too. Pls protest if only available dish is pork, if not .........

Have you ever seen a jew opposing cheeseburger ?

You both have similar dietary laws though jews are more troubled, but pls tell me when you see a jew protesting this?

Mohammad Nur Syamsu

Muslim students in French school forced to wear colored discs for not eating pork!

Pig is an impure animal. Muslims and observant Jews do not consume its meat. In the West, especially in Europe, pig meat is much cherished. It is their choice but a school in France forced Muslim and Jewish students to wear colored discs so that canteen staff would not serve them pork meat at lunchtime. It outraged parents and revived memories of the Nazis' practice of forcing Jews to wear the yellow star during WWII.

Paris, Crescent-online

Reviving memories of forcing Jewish people to wear the yellow star in Nazi Germany, a French school made Muslim and Jewish students to wear colored discs around their necks.

The ostensible reason was that canteen staff would not serve them pork during lunchtime.

Staff at Piedalloues Primary School in Auxerre, Burgundy ordered students to wear red color discs if they did not eat pork and yellow discs if they did not eat meat at all.

Of the 1,500 students at school, only 18 were made to wear the discs but it caused outrage among parents and community leaders.

The town’s mayor has ordered a probe into the incident and passed on the responsibility for this outrageous act onto canteen staff.

He said the decision was made without the authorities’ knowledge and it has been withdrawn but tried to justify the act by saying the canteen staff were only trying to be careful so as not to serve pork to students that did not eat it.

If there are 18 students that did not eat pork, why was it not possible for these students to sit together in one area so that there would be no confusion?

“It’s revolting. It reminds you of the darkest times,” a local councillor, Malika Ounès was quoted as saying.

“Practices like this are not acceptable. No one has the right to impose this on children.”

Christian Sautier, director of communications in the mayor’s office said it was “an isolated, clumsy and unfortunate initiative” that lasted only one day.

France claims to be an egalitarian society proclaiming such values as “liberty” and “fraternity” but the establishment insists on imposing its values on others.

The French Far-Right Nationalist leaders in past have tried to force school canteens from serving non-pork meals to students.

Even former president Nicholas Sarkozy, son of Hungarian immigrants and himself of Jewish extraction, was also among centre-Right leaders to have opposed serving of pork-free options in schools.

State schools in France have banned headscarves and the French government imposed a ban on wearing the niqab in public in 2011.

So much for French freedom and respect for others, with the pork scandal the latest of its racist, Islamophobic acts.

Source: http://www.crescent-online.net/2015...ating-pork-crescent-online-5105-articles.html

It's not racist, and what you are doing is equally worse as racism. I mean, we should start treating these politically correct people same as nazi's.

MARCELLO

More over, in europe, they always and always warn you if the dish you are about to buy contain pork,although they should not have to, I hate aubergines , would I be supposed to put a complaint for aubergine dish served? Or should I be just too civilized to reject that dish contains aubergine?
I dunno how they handle the '' issue '' of pork dishes in USA,cause not ever been there yet.

dust1n

Zindīq

Oh, well that would have been a better solution... instead of identifying individuals with dietary restrictions with a marker, why not separate them from the group entirely and put them at their own table. [/sarcasm]

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
This is another miserable story about muslims in the europe. Pls cite me a case when the jews complain about pork serving in very public places,they don't eat pork either,more over they don't eat cheeseburgers too. Pls protest if only available dish is pork, if not .........

You both have similar dietary laws though jews are more troubled, but pls tell me when you see a jew protesting this?

a cheese burger is either a modified hamburger
are modified Beef burger.
A Jew might not eat the former.

I have known Jews who are very partial to bacon and Ham.. It is sad that they should not eat it.

MARCELLO

a cheese burger is either a modified hamburger
are modified Beef burger.
A Jew might not eat the former.

I have known Jews who are very partial to bacon and Ham.. It is sad that they should not eat it.
For sure I do know jews eating pork and cheeseburgers,but my question still remains unanswered, have you ever seen a jew complaining about pork served? In France there are about a million of jews, have you ever experimented them complaining about pork ?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

Paris, Crescent-online

Would they object if they were asked to wear a symbol of their faith instead of a disc.

Though like it or not those are already banned.

Why do they not indicate which food contains pork.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
For sure I do know jews eating pork and cheeseburgers,but my question still remains unanswered, have you ever seen a jew complaining about pork served? In France there are about a million of jews, have you ever experimented them complaining about pork ?

Jews are careful where and what they eat. No one tries to trick them.

MARCELLO

Try greece than, they even eat the intestines of lamb over there,though banned due to the rules of hygiene for humans. I tried a bbqed intestine,it was just mouthwatering .Will never hesitate to try next!

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
HUH? Are you sure we are talking about the same subject? Do you mean that muslims are careless about what they eat?

Not at all... but they expect "Everywhere" to cater to their needs, and complain when it is not so.
A Jew would not go to such a place in the first place.

Any way, Jews Have some of the finest food in the world. They do not need to eat anything or anywhere that is not Kosher.

MARCELLO

Not at all... but they expect "Everywhere" to cater to their needs, and complain when it is not so.
A Jew would not go to such a place in the first place.

Any way, Jews Have some of the finest food in the world. They do not need to eat anything or anywhere that is not Kosher.
An international kitchen is free from pork,have you ever seen pork served on air?

Jumi

I don't understand what's so difficult about letting people choose to eat what they want instead of serving them. If the school district's budget or kitchen's manpower is low then it will be hard to come up with choices though.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
An international kitchen is free from pork,have you ever seen pork served on air?
I

I would not choose to eat Airline food if there was an alternative.
In the past I have had bacon and pork on both airlines and ships.
I am sure First-class passengers can order what they like.

It is certainly served in the airport restaurants.

What is an international Kitchen...? Almost everything worth eating is banned by one religion or another.
I am sure God does not have such fads.

Khudayar

It seems you comment on everything without even reading it. Because the article clearly says:

"In the West, especially in Europe, pig meat is much cherished. It is their choice but a school in France forced Muslim and Jewish students to wear colored discs so that canteen staff would not serve them pork meat at lunchtime."

So, the protest is not that they serve pork to those who eat. The protest is on that they require that those who don't eat it must wear a sign which reflects it.

And I wonder what your reaction would be, let's say, if you knew they required vegetarians wear a sign so that any kind of meat is not served to them.

They shouldn't have required any sign, rather they should just ask what people are wanting to have. That's it. And moreover that would enable interaction-socialization.

Last edited: