• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yemeni child bride dies after internal bleeding on marriage night

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
One argued that "marrying" *edited* ten year olds is perfectly healthy and normal, that HE "married" *edited* a ten year old child at the age of twenty and there was nothing wrong with it, and he was planning to have his own daughters sold to grown men *edited* at a similar age. Words absolutely fail me. I simply can not express the depth of my horror and disgust.

:eek::confused: This horrifies me...but at the same time I wonder that if we grew up in families and communities where this was acceptable, would we be defending it or critisizing it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alceste

Vagabond
:eek::confused: This horrifies me...but at the same time I wonder that if we grew up in families and communities where this was acceptable, would we be defending it or critisizing it?

No, there is no incarnation I can possibly imagine wherein I would be defending the practice of grown men *edited* female children. I know this because I don't condone the plainly unethical / offensive / immoral / destructive actions of my own culture either.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
No, there is no incarnation I can possibly imagine wherein I would be defending the practice of grown men *edited* female children. I know this because I don't condone the plainly unethical / offensive / immoral / destructive actions of my own culture either.

If it is ingrained in you from a young age that it is acceptable, would you still question it though? We like to think we would but aren't a lot of our beliefs, morals, values etc taught to us and partially environmental?

Alceste

Vagabond
If it is ingrained in you from a young age that it is acceptable, would you still question it though? We like to think we would but aren't a lot of our beliefs, morals, values etc taught to us and partially environmental?

It is not in my nature to accept anything without questioning, and never has been. The first song I ever wrote, at the age of about 3, was basically "I'm not gonna do what you tell me to do". lol.

Plus, I AM a girl. I guarantee you ALL LITTLE GIRLS in communities where selling your female children off to old men to be their life-long housekeepers, brood mares and sex slaves intuitively understand that it is wrong. That's why suicide among young women and girls is so prevalent in these barbaric cultures.

If you watch that video of the child bride from Yemen who escaped (Although it does come from an Israeli propaganda outfit, so take it with a grain of salt), you can see that it is not difficult for an intelligent little girl to work out that being sold to an old man as a life-long housekeeping sex slave brood mare is a really, really crappy deal, and morally and ethically wrong.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
It is not in my nature to accept anything without questioning, and never has been. The first song I ever wrote, at the age of about 3, was basically "I'm not gonna do what you tell me to do". lol.

Plus, I AM a girl. I guarantee you ALL LITTLE GIRLS in communities where selling your female children off to old men to be their life-long housekeepers, brood mares and sex slaves intuitively understand that it is wrong. That's why suicide among young women and girls is so prevalent in these barbaric cultures.

If you watch that video of the child bride from Yemen who escaped (Although it does come from an Israeli propaganda outfit, so take it with a grain of salt), you can see that it is not difficult for an intelligent little girl to work out that being sold to an old man as a life-long housekeeping sex slave brood mare is a really, really crappy deal, and morally and ethically wrong.

You make some good points. Puts a bit of a dent in the nature vs nurture understanding that I have.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

I find it disturbing that some people actually need this explained. :shrug:

danieldemol

Premium Member
Ofcourse this will happen as Muslims copy Muhammads life as a part of Sunnah. If the prophet can have marry children and copulate with them then ofcourse his followers will try the same too. Aysha was still playing with dolls when Muhammad married her. Even if girls are already pubertal, it does not justify marrying them off to older men. What about being mentally mature and ready for a married/sexual life? The truth is that Muhammad was a morally corrupt, lustful man.

As I understand it, Guru Nanak married Sulakhani when she was 14, are you aware of this?
Read about Gur Sikhs at www.sikh-history.com

Is it true that Guru Gobind Sing referred to the Qur'an as "holy" and Muhammad as "Hazrat Muhammad"? If so, who do you regard as the better judge of character, yourself or the Gurus?
santsipahee.com- Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji in 1708

farouk

Farouk said he married a 10 year old and that his children and grand-children were married young too. He didn't say he raped or that they were sold but I can't imagine any 10 yrs old consenting to sex with a grown man.

It's probably very offensive to her how people find it normal. I am offended by what he said. A child is a child, no matter if they reached puberty.

Peace
Lets put everything in clear perspective so not to puts words in my mouth.
I married my wife when she was 10 years old.My wife had her menses when she was 7 years old.My wife memorized the Noble Quraan when she was 8 years old.Not read but memorized.My wife never when to school but was educated from home.She memorized her maths tables 1 to 12 at the age of 6.There is much,much more i can tell you about her achievements but believe me it will hurt your heart.My wife was an intellectual woman and not a child at the age of 10 as you claim.Now if you did not reach maturity at her age then stop envying her.
Futher from my 14 children 10 have memorized the Noble Quraan before they were 10 years old.The other 4 memorized it before they were 20 years old.I have 6 daughters and i had them all married after they had their menses.Note i have given them sufficent time after their menses before marriage.2 of my daughters are married to doctors and after marriage they also studyied and became doctors.Now should i continue and tell you about my sons,grand children and great children.no i don't think you got the stomach for the rest.
The bottom line is everthing depends on your upbringing.My entire family is brought up according to principles and values that our fore-fathers have set.we are following the same principles.We are successful because our moral values comes first.According to the teachings of the elders in our family if we don't marry our children (both male and female) after they reach maturity,as early as possible, then any sin they commit falls on the shoulders of parents.
Now i want you understand something very clearly.I asked the question, and a simple one it was,when does a child become a woman?Note every member knew the answer to this question but they had a problem spewing it out simply because it will have answered the question of child marriage.
In Islam there is no restriction on the age that one should get family members married.So as long as they reach maturity it is the duty of parents to get their children married.It is my family prerogative to get our children married as early as possible after they attain maturity.If someone wants to get their children married at a late age then there is no harm.Note we base our female maturity on their menses and not on their age.
Finally i want everyone that has used this thread to bash Islam to note.Its time every Christian,Jew,..or whatever religion you belong to you should go and study what your own scriptures state about setting moral standards.Believe me some of you are in for a shock.
Peace
Farouk

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Peace
I married my wife when she was 10 years old.My wife had her menses when she was 7 years old.My wife memorized the Noble Quraan when she was 8 years old.Not read but memorized.My wife never when to school but was educated from home.She memorized her maths tables 1 to 12 at the age of 6.There is much,much more i can tell you about her achievements but believe me it will hurt your heart.My wife was an intellectual woman and not a child at the age of 10 as you claim.Now if you did not reach maturity at her age then stop envying her.
Futher from my 14 children 10 have memorized the Noble Quraan before they were 10 years old.The other 4 memorized it before they were 20 years old.I have 6 daughters and i had them all married after they had their menses.Note i have given them sufficent time after their menses before marriage.2 of my daughters are married to doctors and after marriage they also studyied and became doctors.Now should i continue and tell you about my sons,grand children and great children.no i don't think you got the stomach for the rest.
The bottom line is everthing depends on your upbringing.My entire family is brought up according to principles and values that our fore-fathers have set.we are following the same principles.We are successful because our moral values comes first.According to the teachings of the elders in our family if we don't marry our children (both male and female) after they reach maturity,as early as possible, then any sin they commit falls on the shoulders of parents.
Now i want you understand something very clearly.I asked the question, and a simple one it was,when does a child become a woman?Note every member knew the answer to this question but they had a problem spewing it out simply because it will have answered the question of child marriage.
In Islam there is no restriction on the age that one should get family members married.So as long as they reach maturity it is the duty of parents to get their children married.It is my family prerogative to get our children married as early as possible after they attain maturity.If someone wants to get their children married at a late age then there is no harm.Note we base our female maturity on their menses and not on their age.
Finally i want everyone that has used this thread to bash Islam to note.Its time every Christian,Jew,..or whatever religion you belong to you should go and study what your own scriptures state about setting moral standards.Believe me some of you are in for a shock.
Peace
Farouk
May I ask what country you live?

Also the average for a girl to start menstrating is 12. Not 9, or 7 or even 10. ITs 12. For a girl to start menstrating as early as 7 is a sign of problems. I don't want to come right out and accuse you of lying but either your wife is an extremely rare case or your lying.

I don't care what religion says what. I don't care what has happened in the past. I don't buy into the idea of relative morality. What I knwo to be true is the idea of abuse and how abusers often find ways to justify what they do and even better at making the victim's feel as if they either deserve it or its their fault. What is worse is when this process evolvse to the point that it encompasses a whole culture. If it is aided by religion or if religion just so happens to be a tool used by an already existing Idea I don't know. I'm actually inclined to think the latter.

But what happens is that something so terrible is accepted as normal because those that ar hamred by it have no power and those doing the harm have all the power. The ones with all the power justify it and the ones reciving the harm are taught to keep quiet about it or accept it.

So this I fight tooth and nail. With every fiber of my being I fight this.

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
You are underestimating the relevancy of Muhammad on Islam.

No, I totally understand it. What I am underestimating, I guess, is the relevancy of the words written about the Prophet by another man. Hadith is accepted as being written by man, and not God. So therefore, if you are following the writings that are agreed as the writings of man within the religion, who are you following? Man or God?

Considering the definition of religion.
Religion - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I guess you could put it under the last defintion, and it would still fit, but under that definition I could say that any activity that I personally partcipated in would be a religion. Basketball, bowling, sex, posting on RF forums, and just about everything else I do would be a religion.

So along these arguments I say those Muslims that follow Hadith are not members of a religion, because they are following the words of man rather than the words of God as it is viewed within their own religion.

nash8

Which is why I noted culture as being extremely important. You seem to have a rather extreme reluctance to recognise that religious philosophies, however 'poorly' implemented or malformed or misinterpreted, could potentially be a factor. The fact that you are so adamant about attempting to suggest Sharia as something which is not part of Islam is deeply indicative of a rather arbitrary and subjective differentiation.

No, I totally recognize that religious philosphies are factors, but as I argued in the above post, I don't consider Hadith, which is the part of Islamic religion that supports child marriage, to be part of the religion because it is the words of man, and I consider all religion to be directed at a God by the dictionary definition.

And as far as Sharia law goes, where does the Quran say anything about Sharia law?
The Koran vs. Sharia at a glance

The inquisition and witch hunts were deplorable and difficult to consider 'christian' by most people's everyday standards and indeed their actions are difficult to square with a modern interpretation of the chrisitian texts. That does not change the fact that they were christian, nor that what they were doing is indeed an implementation of their understanding of christian theology, it is merely that it is an interpretation most modern christians would reject.

How are actions that people commited an abstract thought? Why do you get to decide what actions are Christian and what are not? And how is anything a fact? So if most modern Christians would reject it, is it still Christian? Who gets to decide whether something is Christian, or Muslim, or Buddhist? Is there a group of people that decide you are of a particular religion? If you say that you are a part of a particular religion, does that make you a part of that religion, especially if the majority of the people that claim that they are a part of the religion say that you are not?

Finding something disagreeable is not sufficient and you have not provided any objective criteria for differentiation; there is not much point discussing it further if you cannot grasp that even if you disagree with their particular interpretations of religious texts and philosophies and the attempts to codify and implement such perspectives of theology, it does indeed remain true that Sharia is part of Islam, you might contest it's foundations, its accuracy in encoding theological standards, the legitimacy of those who attempt to implement it or even their motivations - it remains part of Islam.

From my argument earlier about religion, and then about theology.
Religion - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Theology - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Religion, in my opinion, is concerened with a God and/or Gods, as described by the definition of religion I posted earlier. Theology is the study of religion which is concerned with God. Hadith is concerned with the life of the Prophet as written by man, as generally recognized by those who claim themselves to be part of the faith of Islam. So insofar as Hadith is concerned, it is written by a man about a man, and so therefore can't be religious in my opinion, because it does not concerne itself with God in any way shape or form as far as I can see.

Insofar as Sharia, as far as I can tell it is in direct contradiction of of the Quran, in many different aspects that I can tell. Since the Quran is generally accepted as the word of God by Muslims, following Sharia you are also contradicting the word of God, as generally viewed by your religion, and are therefore not following the religion. Sharia is tribal culture, that has been associated with Islam, in order to control the people. If you believe that Sharia has any foundation in the Quran or in the religion of Islam, then I agree that there is no reason to discuss this further.
Is Shariah Law actually mentioned in the Quran..? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers

I can't remember what number it is, but one of the differences says that there are no subdivisions within Islam. If you follow the Quran you are a Muslim. Sharia says that there are many subdivisions within Islam.

I understand your argument, and I agree with it. Generally, henious atrocities like the atrocity that was occured in the article posted by the OP are associated with Islam. I don't personally agree with those associations. You may view these atrocities are Islam, I do not. I view these atrocities as being commited by people who claim to be Muslims, but in all actuallity, do not follow anything set forth by the the word of God within their religion. Since you can not claim that God's word told you to commit this action, it ceases to be religious in my opinion, and begins to be your own actions.

And secondly, if you view that anyone that claims association with that religion is a part of that religion, than you are right, it is pointless to argue with you. The Quran does not say it is ok to sleep with children, the Prophet did not say it was ok to sleep with children, a MAN said it was ok to sleep with children. If you believe that what as accepted as what a MAN said about another what another MAN did as being religious in any sense of the word, then I agree that there is no point in discussing this further.

Rev earlier said that we cannot blame an entire 2 Billion people for this; that is both correct and incorrect, we can't blame MERELY 2 billion for this, every single person that is aware this sort of thing is happening and does not attempt to stop it, is partly responsible. Those who have more influence over the situation have more culpability, in fact it is directly proportional to how much influence one has. Not Two Billion, Seven.

Totally agree, but yet again what do you want to do?

nash8

There is something going on here that is religious in nature that has them not just turning their heads,but standing up fro this practice.

Look at how many in this thread alone are trying to justify the practice. Its sad.

What exactly do you believe that is going on here that is religious in nature?

I have seen two people try to justify this practice. One who lists his religion as Muslim, who admitted to being a pedophile by all intensive purposes. The other defended the practice by stating that celeberties had consentual sex in middle school and high school, which is totally different than what happened in the article that the OP posted.

So how many people have justified this practice again, and please cite post numbers, because this is an extremely serious accusation.

Dont agree.

When their prophet is 53 and viewed as being with a child, it makes it OK and justified, as noted by this thread at how many are standing up for the practice.

Its not like were talking about a isolated view. To them it is perfectly acceptable and justified through their religious beliefs with their hero setting the moral standards
facepalm.gif

Outhouse, I seriously expect more out of you. Nowhere in the Quran does it say that the Prophet was with a child. The view that he was with a child, as far as I can tell, was a man writing about the Prophet, and not only that it is generally recognized that Hadith is not divinely inspired in any shape or form, and is literally the words of man.

And where is it not an Isolated view? In poor uneducated countries like Yemen, where tribal leaders pretty much dictate everything? Is this a general view in countries like Turkey? Is turkey an Islamic country? Is pedophilia perfectly accpeted and justified in Turkey?

Here in the USA many have taken our view and our laws over religious dogma. My family would not condone such behaviour.

In other countries though it would be very fundemental. Again one only has to read this thread and see how many are defending the practice to notice they believe heart and soul, it is aceptable behaviour they find justifiable.

Yet again please cite specific posts where people defended this practice?

nash8

This is what I find incredible about arguements over scripture: you could say the same for any religious scripture including the Koran (that it was just written by men and should be disregarded). How people can be skeptical enough to claim certain Hadiths are fake, but yet believe the Koran is from a God I will never know. :confused:

It's not neccesarily that Hadith's are fake. It's literally that even people within the religion recognize it is written by man. There's no argument, even Muslims will tell you that Hadith are written by men, and are not Divinely inspired. So even according to Islamic interpretation, if you follow Hadith you are following the words of man.

Secondly, don't you think saying these people "aren't real Muslims" is a bit like the "No true Scotsman" fallacy? Who're you (or anyone else for that matter) to say that they aren't "real" Muslims?

I digress, "real Muslims" might have not been the best description. The point that I was trying to argue, was that who decides who is a Muslim and who is not? Just because you claim you are a Muslim, does that mean you are? My definition of being a religious adherent is that you follow God. Since the Quran is viewed as the word of God by Muslims, if you follow anything else than the Quran, then you are not a Muslim. That is my own personal definition, and I have provided a logical basis for this in subsequent posts.

Thirdly, you keep telling me how the Koran forbid violence (which may be true) but then you also have to realize that there are plenty of Muslims justifying their violence on their religious beliefs and convictions. You may as well feed me the "Islam is a religion of Peace" line. :rolleyes:

Yet again I defer to my argument that religion is soley based on God. The Quran is the word of God, so if you disobey the word of God as you yourself view it, are you still an adherent to that religion? I am arguing that their "religious beliefs and convictions" are not Islamic, and in reality they are justifying their violence on their own beliefs and convictions, totally irellevent of what their religion actually says.

If I say I am peaceful, but you see me kill innocent people, am I peaceful in your eyes?
If I say I am a Muslim, but I act totally opposite of how God's word tells me to act, am I still a Muslim?

*For the record, no religion is a "religion of Peace", I'm not just aiming at Islam there, just sayin'

All religions are religions of peace in my opinion. The people that carry out actions in the name of that religion are not peaceful in my opinion.

I am arguing that Religion can be just as much of an influence as poverty, poor standards of living, culture etc. It may not be the primary contributor - but it certainly can be at least partially responsible.

So why is Turkey not like Yemen? While I agree that religion can be an influence, it is nowhere near the level of influence as poverty, poor standing of living, culture, and lack of education in my opinion.

By your logic, I can say that the reason that America is so enlightened is because of Christianity. We are predominately Christian right? So that would mean that the predominate reason for our succes is Christianity, no?

nash8

There are Muslims who believe hadith on the Prophet (sawa)was writtenfrom divine inspiration?

Ill be, you learn something new everyday

Indeed you do. I have learned that people whom I respect very much for their high level of intelligence are still severly succeptable to social stigma and propaganda.

I think I have said this once before in this topic but, sources differ on the exact age of Aisha. If you compare Asma bint Abu Bakr's age (according to ahadith) at the time of Aisha's marriage, it would put her at 17 or 18 years old. The fact is we really don't know how old she was. Ahadith is a source that is often contradictory. It's not an exact history. Arabs back then didn't really keep track of their age as we do today. It just wasn't their practice. Even some people today around the world are not sure of their age.

I'm going to keep reiterating this...

So do you believe that Hadith is divinely inspired?

nash8

There are Muslims who view Mohammad as the most perfect of Humans, and thus base (or aspire to base) their own lifestyles and actions off of him. They can gain "insight" into Mohammad's life based off the Hadiths, which (regardless of whether they're considered completely accurate or fabricated) document his apparent lifestyle.

Number 12, and that may be the case, but following the words of man about a man is not religious.

Ergo, some Muslims reject the hadiths as fabricated, whilst others don't and also base their own lifestyle on the "documented" actions of Mohammad.

Whether hadiths are fabricated or not, which is a whole nother debate in and of itself, they are generally accepted as the words of men about a man. Not religious in my opinion, and if Islam is a religion, than anyone who disregards the words of God, in favor of the words of man is not an adherent of that religion in my opinion.

Anyways, again I am going too far away from the original subject of this thread. Ultimately what I am saying here (and in all my other posts in this thread) is that religion does have a part to play in tragedies like this.

I disagree, the actions of disguisting people play parts in tradegies like this.

[/quote] After all, when a Suicide bomber detonates himself and screams "Allah Ackbar" - it's totally got nothing to do with religious extremism, right? :sarcastic
[/quote]

And those people are in direct violation of the word of God according to their own beliefs. Not to mention they are geeked out on a psychoactive form of methamphetamine.

What goes into the making of a suicide bomber – The Express Tribune

And their was a Rolling Stone article that I can't seem to find now, that talked how suicide bombers were given methamphetamine and kept up for weeks on end, then led into a staged room where 40 virgins, milk and honey, and other "treasures" are presented to the delerious person as "visions of heaven". Alchohol is prohibited in the Quran, but is methamphetamine use ok?

But another Muslim poster in this thread told me that the minimum age for marriage in Islam is 9 - because they interpret Aisha as being around that age when she married Mo'.

And that man following God or the words of man? Is following the words of man religious?

Whether she was 6, 9, 16, 19, 24 or 77 it doesn't matter - a significant portion believe it was 6-9 based off their interpretations of literature, and thus some will "cement" such a thing into their own practices.

Because you believe something that it not specifically stated in your religion's Holy book, does that mean that it is part of the religion?

This is why I find scripture meaningless, because it is based entirely on human interpretation, so the notion that it is the "word of God" is laughable at best.

All scripture is not meaningless because it is based off human interpretation, if that were the case everything you read or do is meaninless is. Is everything you read meaningless?

And on that note, when speaking about Hadith we are not even talking about "the word of God", we are talking about the word of man, even by those within the religion.

nash8

One argued that "marrying" and raping ten year olds is perfectly healthy and normal, that HE "married" and raped a ten year old child at the age of twenty and there was nothing wrong with it, and he was planning to have his own daughters sold to grown men and raped at a similar age. Words absolutely fail me. I simply can not express the depth of my horror and disgust.

This man is a disguisting human being.

Then a few of the Muslims here deflected criticism. This is often mistaken for defending something. That's when people address criticism of Islam by saying something totally silly and irrelevant, along the lines of "well, in AMERICA, women go around showing their LEGS to everybody". I mean, come on.

I am not a Muslim and I deflected criticism. When you say Islam, you are including everyone within the religion whether you intend to or not. The people that have supported this henious act are not Muslims in my opinion, because they are in direct opposition of the word of God as it is percieved within the Quran.

Now, I understand that deflection of criticism is not the same as defending the practice. I take it to mean you really do understand that the practice is utterly morally reprehensible, but are embarrassed or uncomfortable talking about it - particularly in an adversarial forum, to self-righteous Westerners who are (let's face it) MILES ahead of the Muslim world in terms of women's rights and freedoms, if not in other ways.

Honestly, I am from a totally different viewpoint. I am not uncomfortable or embarrassed to talk about it as I am not neccesarily Muslim in any traditional sense of the word. What is the Muslim world? Does that include Muslim's in the U.S. that treat their wives with the utmost respect, and allow them them the same freedoms and rights that they themselves enjoy?

Are all of these countries included in the "Muslim World"?
Female political leaders in Islam and in Muslim-majority countries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, I get it, but you can't expect EVERYBODY to get it. Many people see "deflection of criticism" and take it to be "support of the practice being criticized". Maybe you notice it when you talk to some Americans about the enormous civilian death toll of their military operations in the ME - they just change the subject. That doesn't mean they're in favour of killing civilians, it just means they're uncomfortable facing criticism of the actions of their army and government.

I don't expect EVERYBODY to get it. But there are a lot of people that have made extremely ignorant posts in my opinion, that I really expected to GET IT.

And in regard to your last statement, I would say the same thing about people in within the Islamic religion, but the only difference is, the leaders of our army and government haven't taken it upon theirselves to associate their actions with a religion that has absolutely zero to do with how they act.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Farouk said he married a 10 year old and that his children and grand-children were married young too. He didn't say he raped or that they were sold but I can't imagine any 10 yrs old consenting to sex with a grown man.

It's probably very offensive to her how people find it normal. I am offended by what he said. A child is a child, no matter if they reached puberty.

Of course we don't agree the child marriage to be a good habit which is unfortunately still common in some societies and which was occuring in ancient times and i can see some make religion as an excuse for them to marry underage girls.

i believe that some dirty men composed a false stories about the prophets in order to fool people and marry their children during ancient times.

i just can't imagine how their parents accept to sell their children for money.

i am afraid our century is the time for evil,rapes,wars,cheating...etc is very common nowadays.

JERSEY CITY, New Jersey — A northern New Jersey father faces sexual assault, child abuse and endangerment charges for allegedly raping his two girls after they were returned to his custody from foster care.

Reference : NJ father charged with repeatedly abusing his children after their return from foster care

More stories on rape
Jury out in trial of doctor accused of rape
Gang rape in Badin: Mentally ill woman raped by at least five men
Polanski's rape victim tells all in her new book

i am sure you got no time to read all such awful stories because they will be thousands in number and also i have no such time to source for all links.

This have being said,i can see no reason to accuse one member of the RF (Farouk in our case) as rapist and the only thing we can do is to report him to the mods to delete his story of marriage and warn him.

nash8

Peace
Peace
Farouk

I have a question for you. Where in the Noble Quran does it say it's ok to consumate your marriage with a 10 year old girl?

Alceste

Vagabond

Exactly. A ten year old child CAN NOT give informed consent to have sex with a twenty year old man. That's why it is illegal in civilized countries, and rightly so.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Of course we don't agree the child marriage to be a good habit which is unfortunately still common in some societies and which was occuring in ancient times and i can see some make religion as an excuse for them to marry underage girls.

i believe that some dirty men composed a false stories about the prophets in order to fool people and marry their children during ancient times.

i just can't imagine how their parents accept to sell their children for money.

i am afraid our century is the time for evil,rapes,wars,cheating...etc is very common nowadays.

JERSEY CITY, New Jersey — A northern New Jersey father faces sexual assault, child abuse and endangerment charges for allegedly raping his two girls after they were returned to his custody from foster care.

Reference : NJ father charged with repeatedly abusing his children after their return from foster care

More stories on rape
Jury out in trial of doctor accused of rape
Gang rape in Badin: Mentally ill woman raped by at least five men
Polanski's rape victim tells all in her new book

i am sure you got no time to read all such awful stories because they will be thousands in number and also i have no such time to source for all links.

This have being said,i can see no reason to accuse one member of the RF (Farouk in our case) as rapist and the only thing we can do is to report him to the mods to delete his story of marriage and warn him.
It doesn't matter how many cases of rape and sexual crimes in the US you drag up. It doesn't make something less wrong. You can't kill someone and say "well lots of people in America get murdered so whatevs man" and walk away.

I am awaiting Farouk's reponse before I say anything further but I shall say this. There is never a justifiable reason to have sex with a 10 year old. NEVER.

I have narrowly avoided prison time because of an incident where I beat my uncle litterally within an inch of his ilfe because I found out he was having sex with his 12 year old step daughter.