• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahweh is immoral

clara17

Memorable member
It is not.

Why wouldn't I let my neighbor borrow my lawnmower? And if he did borrow it without my permission, I certainly would not stick him in my basement and torture him. That sounds like demon logic to me. Are you sure you are not worshipping a demon?

because he didnt ask you, and you wouldnt know he needed it.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
God (the creator) is not the God of ANY religions.
And he wouldn't accept the prayers, the same way you wouldnt accept your
neighbors request to borrow your lawn mower, if he went to someone else's house and asked them to borrow theirs.

Why so?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think every human who treats others with decency, respect and inclusion is thereby living a moral life regardless of her or his views respecting religion.

I am in the view, we can be good to each other even while being evil and immersed in intoxication of love of the Dunya. But to be truly good to each other, we have to enjoin each other truth and patience, and we have to enjoin each other to help the oppressed and poor. Most people standards is just don't go out your way to harm people and be nice to who you know = your good to people. But Islamically, you have to strive in God's way, be with the oppressed, oppose the oppressors, and forbid evil and command good, enjoin truth and patience and call towards God as opposed to the delusionary world which is the source of all harms and evil.

We also have to stick to what is clear and has proofs as opposed to divide and follow what is ambiguous and without knowledge. To rely on conjecture as opposed to certainty has consequences.

Most wars are actually people trying to be good but they don't emphasize on truth and guidance in this respect. They deceive themselves they are righteous in mischief. This is why Quran says "alas they are mischief makers but they do not perceive". This includes Taliban, who, for years caused too many problems for people and didn't interpret Quran through insights nor enjoin the religion the Quran calls to which includes following and holding to Ali (a), Hassan (a) and Hussain (a).

There is big consequences to the whole world by Muslims when they don't take seriously the command to not ascribe God falsehood and only attribute him things with knowledge and proofs.

We Muslims, both major sects, Sunni and Shiite, our insincerity towards truth and guidance has big consequences not only to ourselves, but the whole world.

I'm aware of the situation that Islam is practiced in a horrible way by both sects.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Actually mine are not caprice. They are founded in the facticity of my biology. Your god's morality, however, is entirely caprice. You claim that morality is merely what ever your god happens to say it is. That is the very definition of caprice. Or, if you like, whimsey.
And what's the place of anger and hate? No place, or does it have a place and purpose in our "biology"?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
God's scriptures are found in all societies. In essence, they all call to follow the light of God and holy leaders appointed by him. If people are unaware of who God is channeling his light through, still, they can try to connect to his light and be guided by the holy spirit of the Guides.

The light of Ahlulbayt and there is always an Ahlulbayt, is always connected to all things.

If you read all holy books, they all call to the chosen masters. This includes the Kybalion The Bible and Quran.

Old holy books if they called those leaders chosen shamans or something else, it doesn't matter. Guidance in unseen journey is always by light of the Guides.

Every society knows about the spiritual realm, light and darkness, and that you need Guides from God to guide you in darkness to light.

If they don't know about Jesus or Mohammad who is the last Nabi, it doesn't matter.

There is always a Guide in each time, that if you pray to God to guide you by, he will you guide by him.
Thanks for the above as I think our best guide is Nature itself, not that Nature is God but that it likely reflects God. And science is probably a better guide than religion because it attempts to ascertain the Truth better and more objectively than maybe all the "amens" we may chant.

But what science cannot and does not do is to guide up in the area of morality. I think that comes inside of us, and I do believe there is a "Something" that put it there to guide us. Thus, the best thing for us to do, imo, is to tap into That, much like the "Inner Light" of the Society of Friends ["Quakers"] teachings.

Am I certain that all of the above that I posted is correct? No.

ppp

And what's the place of anger and hate? No place, or does it have a place and purpose in our "biology"?
Anger and hate are emotions. Just like joy, love, sadness and boredom. They are products of our biochemistry

ppp

Why do we have them? What's their proper usage?
They aren't things. Not like a rock or a duck. If you are asking what the function of emotions is, they are a survival mechanism. Just like all the other animals.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They aren't things. Not like a rock or a duck. If you are asking what the function of emotions is, they are a survival mechanism. Just like all the other animals.

And why do we need them for survival? What's their usage in our survival?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
My argument is simple.
It is immoral to send a good person to hell for the sin of worshiping another god.
A girl is born in Pakistan into a Hindu family. Throughout her life she proves over and over again that she is the perfect archetype of a principle centered moral and just person. She has heard about other religions but practices Hindu faith becuse she was born into it.
If Yahweh is the one true God, and heaven and hell exists, then this woman's soul will be tortured in hell for all eternity?

Yahweh is the God of the Bible, Torture in eternal hell is a false religious teachings just taught as being Scripture.
In short, I find Jesus and the OT both teach (Not pain) but teach ' sleep ' in death.
- please see John 11:11-14; Psalms 6:5; Psalms 13:3; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5.
'Christendom ' (so-called Christians) make up the false 'weed/tares' clergy who teach falsehoods.
Jesus forewarned us at Matthew 7:21-23 that MANY would come in his name but prove false.
Since death is the total price tag that sin pays, then that Pakistan girl will be awakened on Resurrection Day.
Meaning Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day of Jesus governing over Earth for a thousand years.
When the Bible was translated into English the word Gehenna was translated as hell fire.
Gehenna was just a garbage pit where things were destroyed.
Bible teaches only the wicked will be ' destroyed '. Destroyed Forever - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not going down your indefinite question chain. Jump to the end.

When people murder, attack innocents, we rightfully for survival reasons for example, hate them, am I wrong? So the sense of justice, of hate towards evil and love towards good, is part of our biological mechanism per you or am I wrong?

The way I see it, is God entrusted us his qualities and some of them we know and some of them we don't, but they are all entrusted to us for our sake.

Anger has a proper place, and is a manifestation of moral emotion you may call it, but when applied to evil. Every quality has a proper place.

The way I see it since I do believe in God, and believe the mapping is not us creating God in our image, but that God created us in his image, is that wrath has a proper place in God too.

It's scary when we think of his oneness in ultimate form, is each and every title in ultimate form, which includes Anger. It's scary because it means there is ultimate consequences to our actions and that God is the MOST severe in justice and place of Anger and retribution.

Everything has a proper place. It's better while we have time and the world perishes, to side with the oppressed and not side with the oppressors. It's better we side with truthful in battle between truth and falsehood, and not take side of misguiding forces.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And I'll add that a serial killer sentenced to death can accept the one true God, go through the process of having his sins absolved, and then he can go to heaven after death for all eternity. That is disgustingly immoral.
In the Bible I find Heaven is only for people like those described at Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18.
We are all offered the opportunity to 'repent ' if we don't want to 'perish' ( be destroyed ) - 2 Peter 3:9
That does Not promise a heavenly resurrection but the possibility of an earthly resurrection.
Acts of the Apostles 24:15 says there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and unrighteous.
If God considers a repentant serial killer as genuine, then he would Not have a resurrection with saints/holy ones,
but he could have a resurrection with the un-righteous with the opportunity to show his true repentance after he has an earthly resurrection.

Daniel Nicholson

Blasphemous Pryme
I think every human who doesn't go to God's door and is arrogant towards his treasured signs and guidance and doesn't strive for God and finding his ways and path, can't be righteous, no matter how much they convince themselves.

The spiritual Guides in the journey are needed and darkness cannot be dispelled save by light.

False eyes can't make the journey of truth and the path unseen needs vision of truth. We don't choose what God's path is nor is for us to choose those who are to approach God through nor are we free to choose those who we take as authorities in religion.

The companions of the path and Masters of it are by which God intercedes upon our path and they intercede by his permission and help us by his command.

Without them, the journey to God is impossible. They are Masters by which goodness is attained through holding on to them and seeing God through their call and being pulled towards God through their power. They are light from God and to be held on to.

Life is not a game. It's our choice to disobey God and his trusted chosen ones, but there is consequence when we turn away from his reminder.

The Quran calls to the family of the reminder and they to the Quran. Together they are God's rope, and I truly believe there is no way to God without his handhold and rope.

I think it's unfair and immoral to deny this woman paradise. She was not given sufficient evidence of God’s existence to make a decision. Why would He demand worship of people who can't make an educated decision, and must believe based on bad evidence?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it's unfair and immoral to deny this woman paradise. She was not given sufficient evidence of God’s existence to make a decision. Why would He demand worship of people who can't make an educated decision, and must believe based on bad evidence?

God has originated everyone to know him and the trial is not in respect to how much we appreciate our culture, but Him and his signs/proofs. Thus we must choose those who are the way to him and be sincere in in regards to religion and God.

Daniel Nicholson

Blasphemous Pryme
Yahweh is the God of the Bible, Torture in eternal hell is a false religious teachings just taught as being Scripture.
In short, I find Jesus and the OT both teach (Not pain) but teach ' sleep ' in death.
- please see John 11:11-14; Psalms 6:5; Psalms 13:3; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5.
'Christendom ' (so-called Christians) make up the false 'weed/tares' clergy who teach falsehoods.
Jesus forewarned us at Matthew 7:21-23 that MANY would come in his name but prove false.
Since death is the total price tag that sin pays, then that Pakistan girl will be awakened on Resurrection Day.
Meaning Jesus' coming Millennium-Long Day of Jesus governing over Earth for a thousand years.
When the Bible was translated into English the word Gehenna was translated as hell fire.
Gehenna was just a garbage pit where things were destroyed.
Bible teaches only the wicked will be ' destroyed '. Destroyed Forever - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22

Thank you, very informative :)
eternal hellfire / destroyed forever; still seems immoral to do this to the woman, no?

Regardless of what scripture actually says, people believe in the heaven and hell I described in the OPMost Americans believe in heaven … and hell
I assume the same people know that worshiping another god is a sin. So do these people believe it's right for God to send her to hell?