• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahweh is immoral

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I believe you understand that much. Now if you could actually figure out which is which.

I can’t. I rely on Baha’u’llah, Abdul-Baha and Shoghi Effendi to know these things. All I can do is post what they say but I’m just like anyone else, I haven’t got the insight or wisdom to differentiate them all.

joelr

I love Mark Smith's books, but they are dang expensive.
Any papers from academia that have been peer-reviewed and packaged to sell are really overpriced. Same with some books. You have to find a scholar who gets published by an respected publishing company who doesn't work with scholarship. Richard Carrier has reasonably priced books. William Dever also.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
My argument is simple.
It is immoral to send a good person to hell for the sin of worshiping another god.

A girl is born in Pakistan into a Hindu family. Throughout her life she proves over and over again that she is the perfect archetype of a principle centered moral and just person. She has heard about other religions but practices Hindu faith becuse she was born into it.

If Yahweh is the one true God, and heaven and hell exists, then this woman's soul will be tortured in hell for all eternity?
Please discuss one's own case to understand one's stand point clearly.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
My argument is simple.
It is immoral to send a good person to hell for the sin of worshiping another god.

A girl is born in Pakistan into a Hindu family. Throughout her life she proves over and over again that she is the perfect archetype of a principle centered moral and just person. She has heard about other religions but practices Hindu faith becuse she was born into it.

If Yahweh is the one true God, and heaven and hell exists, then this woman's soul will be tortured in hell for all eternity?
If Yahweh is Immoral as one says then who of the "nones" of "isms" is Moral, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yahweh is immoral

The above thread has been originated by a "none", I would like to know:

1. his concept of Yahweh and on what basis he has formed that concept.
  2. his concept of morality.
  3. what methodology did one adopt to arrive at the above, please
Right?

Last edited:

ppp

Yahweh is immoral

Isn't it G-d (Allah/Yahweh) who ultimately decides as to what is moral and immoral, please?

Regards
No. A god merely decides to exercise his subjective position on morality. The fact that he cannot be stopped from torturing or annihilating someone does not make him moral. It just makes him vindictive.