• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you care if Jesus was ugly?

Would you care if Jesus was ugly?

• Yes. That would be an insult.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • No. But I think he is.

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • No. It does not matter at all...

Votes: 48 81.4%

• Total voters

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
Hell, if people argue over the ethnicity of jesus im sure people would care....look at the cathedrals and churches all around. Flowing brown hair (blond in other countries) blue eyes, ivory skin. What if Jesus had the face of someone with down syndrome but you didn't know it was jesus but it really was? That would be interesting.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
jesus_bbc.jpg

...Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the son of God himself, Jesus Christ. I believe that this is the scientific image that you were referring to.

That is the picture of a 2000 year old jewish man but that doesn't mean that may have looked like jesus. Remember jesus was born of a virgin so we.need.to know thenlineage of mary and find remains from her family.

Ah, right, blue eyes for the Devil, Satan. Right?

But no way Jesus, he's all browney eyed and haired, right?

Like the statues...
I thought Satan had red eyes?
E="Random, post: 1281891, member: 6560"]Ah, right, blue eyes for the Devil, Satan. Right?

But no way Jesus, he's all browney eyed and haired, right?

Like the statues...[/QUOTE]
I tho

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
So go ahead and describe to us in detail what a physically "Perfect" Jesus would look like. Go on, do it.

I'll second that as I see very little biblical in this post anyway.
Really? Who cares what He would have looked like.
I have many pressing spiritual questions to deal with.
I mean no offense but????????????????????????????????????????

Blackmarch

W'rkncacntr
There was an image of Jesus that scientists produced based on the skull of a 2000 yr-old jewish male. While it was not really ugly, it was a far cry from the Jesus of Italian painting and certainly did not look like Caviezel.

I showed the picture to two of my aunts (both were Roman Catholic), and they were very offended. They told me that they view Jesus as the "perfect man".. in all aspects.

I would like to remind/enlighten you that it is said in the Bible (a prophecy from Isaiah) that Christ was very plain-looking.. And while many people entertain the thought of a handsome Jesus, the real Jesus would not probably warrant a second look..

Saying that Jesus SHOULD look good would be very discriminatory. It is akin to saying that an ugly person can never be good.
it would not matter to me.