• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World wide marches against Mordor on the Potomac

Kirran

Premium Member
I hope the Americans on the left side of all this are ready to acknowledge there's plenty of corruption and nepotism among the Democrats too, even if they are certainly preferable to the Republicans on all measures.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Basically give better health insurance at a lower cost.

Better insurance implies paying more claims. Lower cost implies taking in less money.

Sounds awesome. Take in less money, yet provide more services. So what is their plan to do this?

Kirran

Premium Member
Better insurance implies paying more claims. Lower cost implies taking in less money.

Sounds awesome. Take in less money, yet provide more services. So what is their plan to do this?

It's going to be wonderful. Just a beautiful healthcare plan. Really just amazing, you're gonna love it, everyone's gonna love it.

omega2xx

It hasn't been revealed yet. So far all we have heard is that they can cross state lines. That will increase competition and competition always lowers cost.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It really is that stark and not universities but millions who were in the streets the other day.

They are trying to take away my health care and Social Security (and the benefits my friends are almost ready to receive), destroy any sense of ethics, balloon the deficit and so forth.

This is a fight for the soul of America.

Donny has already committed impeachable offenses and has said that he's above the law and so can ignore it. He's signed an executive order that will throw health care into chaos causing the deaths of tens of thousands.

There are millions of people who have organized overnight who will not be stopped. We have Democrats in the Senate who will filibuster and delay everything the thugs come up with - they sowed the wind and the whirlwind has formed.
I advise to resist what actually happens, but to avoid dwelling upon all that might.
The millions you speak of....they wallow in this echo chamber with cries of "Hitler!"
bouncing off the walls. It's not productive. There undoubtedly will be policies to
fight, but it will be harder if they're obscured by the fog of partisan paranoia.

Kirran

Premium Member
I advise to resist what actually happens, but to avoid dwelling upon all that might.
The millions you speak of....they wallow in this echo chamber with cries of "Hitler!"
bouncing off the walls. It's not productive. There undoubtedly will be policies to
fight, but it will be harder if they're obscured by the fog of partisan paranoia.

Trump has said he will do various things which would be very damaging. Many of his supporters support him because he has said he will do these things. It seems quite reasonable to be concerned that he might actually do them!

Kuzcotopia

bouncing off the walls.

No.

I participated in the march in Austin. This is absolutely not true. I know that interaction with other actual people is limited in Revoltistan, but you are mischaracterizing the attitudes and emotions of others.

Stick to questioning the judgement of actual policy positions, and leave the speculation about feelings and motivations alone. You don't have enough information to know what you're talking about.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Right and the professors enabled them to do it by cancelling classes. We all need to learn to lose, because in this life, it is a common event. College needs to prepare the students for the real world, where they will not have tenure.
Even more than handling a loss poorly, I sense a mass paranoia sweeping the nation.
Perhaps the rise of segregated partisan media is enabling them to live in a world of
pure good & pure evil. For them, the sky feels like it really is falling when they don't
get their way.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Trump has said he will do various things which would be very damaging. Many of his supporters support him because he has said he will do these things. It seems quite reasonable to be concerned that he might actually do them!
First, I'll state that demonstrating in support or opposition to possible agendas makes sense.
I don't criticize that.
I'm only addressing dysfunctional fear & over-reaction.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No.
I participated in the march in Austin. This is absolutely not true. I know that interaction with other actual people is limited in Revoltistan, but you are mischaracterizing the attitudes and emotions of others.
I disagree. This is a level of partisan fear I've not seen before.
Certainly, most of the marchers are sane, & peaceful.
(Mrs Revolt was one of them. I declined to go.)
But I see people who are convinced that the worst case scenarios they imagine will come to pass.
Stick to questioning the judgement of actual policy positions, and leave the speculation about feelings and motivations alone. You don't have enough information to know what you're talking about.
Of course I don't know.
But neither do the people of whom I speak.
They will decry what they're sure Trump will do.
And I will opine about their reactions to this false certainty.

habiru

We all knows who is paying for all of these frivolous protests.

Billionaire George Soros has ties to more than 50 ‘partners’ of the Women’s March on Washington

George Soros donates $8 million to boost Hillary

Hillary Clinton embraces George Soros’ ‘radical’ vision of open-border world

313mx3o.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So George Soros is a supporter of the progressive movement - what's the big deal?
Is Obama really a progressive?

Note....
I recently took a test which pronounced me as "ultra progressive".
So I'm now really interested in the label.

Kirran

Premium Member
Is Obama really a progressive?

Note....
I recently took a test which pronounced me as "ultra progressive".
So I'm now really interested in the label.

He's probably a somewhat moderate sympathiser. Bernie is a progressive.

I see being progressive as being about working to actively transform our society so as to uproot inequalities. This manifests in support for women's rights, for queer rights, for looking further into our constructs of gender, race and class, and for greater democracy in politics and the economy.

Or I could've exaggerated.

Possible.

Kuzcotopia

I disagree. This is a level of partisan fear I've not seen before.
Certainly, most of the marchers are sane, & peaceful.
(Mrs Revolt was one of them. I declined to go.)
But I see people who are convinced that the worst case scenarios they imagine will come to pass.

Of course I don't know.
But neither do the people of whom I speak.
They will decry what they're sure Trump will do.
And I will opine about their reactions to this false certainty.

Some who are against Trump's administration most certainly will have wild, unsubstantiated notions. And if you're speaking of them specifically fine.

But you used the word "millions," which changes the connotation a bit, and suggests that your are characterizing the entire group, as opposed to a tiny minority within the protest.

I've actually been more worried since Friday, and you should be too. Spicer's strange Orwellian war on the media, and Conway's use often term "alternative facts."

If the Trump administration believes most media is unfair, then what does fair media look like to them? What does that end game look like? How does the administration determine fair vs unfair criticism?

There's no method for that. . . Unless only positive spin of their actions is considered fair, and criticism of the presidency comes to and end. How could this not be their endgame?

habiru

So George Soros is a supporter of the progressive movement - what's the big deal?

Well, he should be trying to have those actresses to start protesting in other countries like Mexico and Saudi Arabia.. They need to tell Saudi Arabia their unjust deeds will not go on.. But we all doesn't care about those women in other countries because of their nationality.