• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World wide marches against Mordor on the Potomac

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My wife and I were in Manhattan today, and there were a reported 200,000 protesters in NYC. They were everywhere; we loved reading the signs and talking with them.
Hundreds of thousands in LA, Chicago and Washington DC. We'll probably never know how many millions were out in force today. If Peter Jackson turned today into a movie, it would have the mythic quality of LoTR. Today was not the end of the struggle but a great victory.

Addendum: note Gandalf's white horse and the white horse symbol of the Rohirrim.

Last edited:

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
I wonder why so many conservatives are upset over these demonstrations. What's wrong with freedom of expression? Isn't that why many on the right claim to be against the "campus left"?

The politics of the right wing on most issues seems to be as delusional as it is immoral.

I don't understand it either. They want to deligitimize this at every turn.

What are they so afraid of? What are thy so angry about?

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
I'm heartened by the world wide response to the call to #resist

Sometimes the message is fun:

1024x1024.jpg

I was at the Austin rally today. The estimated crowds were somewhere between 40-50K. I plan on making a journal thread on RF when we get back to Houston tomorow, but in the meantime, here's a funny pic I took:

IMG_5158.JPG

As an aside, I haven't done a protest in 20 years. It was absolutely invigorating.

Trump has awoken the sleeping giant. He better start getting conciliatory. . . fast.

Oh yeah. . . I'm camera shy, but I did think to do this:

IMG_5156.JPG

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
The left are poor losers. They are like granny Clampet. Jed said the only thing she ever wanted was to have her own way.
You mean like when Trump personally called for a revolution after Obama's reelection? Or the birther bull****? Or all the "Obama is a secret Muslim" nonsense? Or how "unqualified" and "inexperienced" Obama was? Or the effigies of Obama right-wingers burned in the streets?

Pot, I'd like to introduce you to Kettle.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Want to take a moment and congratulate the many cities, my own included, which had a successful and peaceful protest. Portland had more than 100,000 attendees to the women's march and a ZERO crime and arrests reported related to the march.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Here in LA there were 750,000 that showed up (they were expecting only 50-70,000). Just saw a report that there were 0 arrests. That's extremely impressive considering we can't even stop a few hundred Laker fans from shutting down the 110 after a championship win. :p

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Here in LA there were 750,000 that showed up (they were expecting only 50-70,000). Just saw a report that there were 0 arrests. That's extremely impressive considering we can't even stop a few hundred Laker fans from shutting down the 110 after a championship win. :p

There could have probably been at least one arrest for sexual harassment if the President himself had decided to join the march. Maybe it's a good thing that he hates such demonstrations? :D

Last edited:

Laika

Premium Member
I like the idea of obscure splinter groups. Maybe @Laika can get something going to the far, far left of us that will scare the right into accepting our ultimatums in the hope that doing so will head off what Laika is threatening them with.

Yeah, great, we're in a creative flow now!

Do we exclude radicals like @Laika from the start, or do we let them join for a little while before having them split off to form obscure splinter groups?

Come up with a list of your most insane, unrealistic and extreme demands. Then leave me with the job of making you look reasonable.

I can be very "creative". :D

omega2xx

The right were also poor losers, tea bags on their heads and all. Trump supporters complaining about protesters seem to have selective amnesia.

They didn't riot in the streets and try to stop the inauguration. They didn't cry like little babies. They atteneded class the next day and didn't need a puppy to pet.

omega2xx

I live in America whereas peaceful protesting has long been declared a right, such as in the 1st Amendment. Maybe you would find a better fit for yorself in Russia with Putin whereas they really don't like protests unless they're the ones who organize it.

IT WASN'T PEACEFUL. It was the typical response of the left when they don't get their way. It is called rioting. They don't arrest people for a peaceful protest.

Hey, when you go live there, please take Trump with you, OK?

I would rather take him than Obama.

omega2xx

If we start a whole new movement because of Trump and get all Democrats in in 2 years we win. Were depending on the House that has one Republican that leans to democrat as voting our way too.So in some ways we are winning now, but we forsee 2 years from now.

Amusing---losing is winning. You lost more than the Whiehouse, Liberals lost many state legislatues and governor ships.

omega2xx

Or like the righties who waved Confederate flags, planned to burned Obama effigies (two part disclaimer here: 1) I don't know if they actually did it and; 2) I don't have a problem with effigy burning as a form of protest. My point is that people on the right also protested Obama's Presidency), made at least one reference to him being lynched and started the racist birther movement.

Their protest were peaceful and they went to class the next day. You lefties tried to stop the inauguration. Some cried like little babies and needed a puppy to pet and were so up[set they couldn't go to their classes.

I love how righties say it's okay to protest - even going so far as to openly carry guns in protest - at Obama's fictional plans to take away all their guns (or even just Obama being President) but when people start doing it against the Dear Leader all of a sudden they're "poor losers".

Get real, Obama would take away all guns if he had the authority to do so. Look at how many were killed because of his "no gun zones."

It is OK to protest, it is not ok to riot.

Kirran

Premium Member
Can we really stop this winners-and-losers narrative? So many Americans see their society as being one in which you support one of two sports teams - the Republicans or the Democrats, the right and the left. This is a sad development.

Last edited:

omega2xx

You mean like when Trump personally called for a revolution after Obama's reelection? Or the birther bull****? Or all the "Obama is a secret Muslim" nonsense? Or how "unqualified" and "inexperienced" Obama was? Or the effigies of Obama right-wingers burned in the streets?

No, I mean the riots in the streets trying to stop the inauguration.

Pot, I'd like to introduce you to Kettle.

Looks like a lefty trying to stop something he dislikes. :p