• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wonder Why You Aren't Hearing Much About The Louisiana Church Arsonist Now?

We Never Know

No Slack
I'm pretty sure they were black Baptist churches.

They were churches. It was a hate crime, not racist.
Why is it ok to label them "black baptist churches? If they were labeled "white baptist churches" that would be considered racist.
When a mosque is burnt, damaged, etc why doesn't everyone yell racist then?
Racism will never die because everyone keeps it alive.
Chinese slaves built the railroads but you never hear that called racist. Why?

sooda

Veteran Member
They were churches. It was a hate crime, not racist.
Why is it ok to label them "black baptist churches? If they were labeled "white baptist churches" that would be considered racist.
When a mosque is burnt, damaged, etc why doesn't everyone yell racist then?
Racism will never die because everyone keeps it alive.
Chinese slaves built the railroads but you never hear that called racist. Why?

I called them black Baptist churches because that's what they were. Are you accusing me of racism?

We Never Know

No Slack
I called them black Baptist churches because that's what they were. Are you accusing me of racism?

They were churches. Why did you only reply to that one sentence?
Blacks were enslaved by blacks in Africa, shipped out and sold. If I remember right the first black slaves brought to America were by the Dutch that took them from a slave ship that was ran by other blacks.
No matter what happens to anyone or who does it, why is it only racist when it happens to blacks?

sooda

Veteran Member
They were churches. Why did you only reply to that one sentence?
Blacks were enslaved by blacks in Africa, shipped out and sold. If I remember right the first black slaves brought to America were by the Dutch that took them from a slave ship that was ran by other blacks.
No matter what happens to anyone or who does it, why is it only racist when it happens to blacks?

The Dutch were hauling slaves to Recif, Brazil long before there were slaves in America.

You have some kind of chip on your shoulder.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
The Dutch were hauling slaves to Recif, Brazil long before there were slaves in America.

And the Muslims practiced it for centuries before that and still do, Native American tribes took slaves as did pretty much every other peoples of every race at one point or another at some point in history.

We Never Know

No Slack
There are black only colleges, black only scholarships, BET,(black entertainment tv), black music awards, etc. Change any of that to white and it's considered racist. Would it be racist if there was Asian only colleges, Asian tv, Asian only scholarships, Asian martial Arts awards, etc.?

sooda

Veteran Member
And the Muslims practiced it for centuries before that and still do, Native American tribes took slaves so did pretty much every other peoples of every race at one point or another- what's the point?

What is your point?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
His point is very clear. I ask you again, why is something only racist if it happens to blacks?

Well if some racist black guy burns 3 white churches, I'll call it racism, unfortunately for your arguments that is not the case here

sooda

Veteran Member
His point is very clear. I ask you again, why is something only racist if it happens to blacks?

You say "why is something racist if it only happens to blacks".. I never said anything like that. Go fight with yourself. I am ignoring you.