• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women do damage Men

Deut 13:1

jewscout said:
i think rejection in general is rather damaging to one extent or another...i don't think it is exclusive to this scenario.
This is why arranged marriages in Orthodox Judaism are so much better, divorce rates are like 1-3% vs. 50%

Yerda

Veteran Member
Binyamin said:
This is why arranged marriages in Orthodox Judaism are so much better, divorce rates are like 1-3% vs. 50%
Worse than being used, messed around, mislead by a women is being stuck with one of them devious things forever, without a choice. Crikey! :p

In seriousness, it may be quite quite traumatic to be rejected, but it gets much easier with experience in my opinion...After the first few hundred it starts to ease up.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
Jaiket said:
but it gets much easier with experience in my opinion...After the first few hundred it starts to ease up.
Yep,it does. It becomes so easy ya don't know it's happening.

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Kowalski said:
Well, a little background info won't hurt. Sheelagh, I know for a fact hasn't had a b/f in awhile. Two years ago, she lost her mother and brother withing months of each other, and I got all this and other info from Sheelagh, yep, she used to be quite open with me, before I first expressed any feelings. Anyways, of course all that has really affected her, and I am told by people who knew her from before that she had changed quite a alot, and become withdrawn.
I also know, she doesn't have a very high opinion of men either, She told me herself that she would never live with another man. So, lots of problems there, and I'm older than her as well.

Cheers

K
Hey Kowalski,

Not very many men open up about this subject to so many people. I think she did you a favor, god help you if she wanted to be "just friends". I got suckered into that one many times. I was basically filling all of the role of a boyfriend without being the boyfriend. Very frustrating. I would rather be rejected and move on to something that was more satisfying to me.

The whole matching thing has gone computerized up here in Seattle. So many people are complaining that they just can't meet other people any more and finding someone for them seems impossible. Even though most of these people are from somewhere else, Seattle has always been that way. You usually ran into someone through a network of accidental contacts. In some cases you had to know someone for years before any spark was ignited forming a relationship. Instead of getting easier it got to be much harder.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
I have a suggestion for everyone looking for Mr. or Mrs right. Find someone that makes you smile, makes you laugh and makes you feel good about yourself. If they don't do this, then they are not for you. Keep looking. Don't waste your time if they don't meet those requirements.

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Halcyon said:
So you just don't associate with any women then ;)
Hi Halycon,

So maybe my conspiracy theory is true. Do women really get together and compare notes and double check the script in the bathroom all of the time? Sometimes I have wonderd about this. It is like you don't have to please the girl, you have to please her girlfriends.

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Binyamin said:
Hi Bin,

Can someone place an order? Has this been computerized yet? It would save a lot of time.:D

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Bennettresearch said:
Hi Bin,

Can someone place an order? Has this been computerized yet? It would save a lot of time.:D

yes it would. I think there is something to arranged marriages; however, I think that historically, selling a woman to a man for property (dowry) is just wrong.

Temporarily Deactive.
Bennettresearch said:
Do women really get together and compare notes and double check the script in the bathroom all of the time?
You'd be suprised at how true that is man.

Bennettresearch said:
Sometimes I have wonderd about this. It is like you don't have to please the girl, you have to please her girlfriends.
Now THAT is frubal-worthy.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Terrywoodenpic said:
You are never 100% sure who you are dealing with.
Looks
Health
status
can all be makebelieve. Not sure I'd risk it myself, could end up with quite a shock.

Terry_________________________
Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you.
Or, you can find the love of your life, and still end up getting dumped.

phoenix3884

I do agree that women do damage to a man's ego by rejecting him, but by the same token, women suffer the same symptoms as men do. There are less painful ways to "drop the bomb" , but when the person you're dealing with is closed minded, obviously they're only thinking about what is most convenient for themselves. I myself have been rejected by men in a way that was anything but humane, and have been guilty of being none too gentle in my methods... the most important thing is to maintain a strong sense of self worth and a knowledge that not all people will treat you the same way this one did/does, and always remember the golden rule.... "do unto others as thou wouldst have done unto thyself".

Temporarily Deactive.
Bastet said:
Or, you can find the love of your life, and still end up getting dumped.
Someone deserves a million frubals. I'll start by givin ya some. That was VERY excellent :)

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Bennettresearch said:
Hi Halycon,

So maybe my conspiracy theory is true. Do women really get together and compare notes and double check the script in the bathroom all of the time? Sometimes I have wonderd about this. It is like you don't have to please the girl, you have to please her girlfriends.
Yeah...that's why I no longer have the friends I had from the age of 5, but I am with the guy they didn't like.
In my experience, s/he who issues the ultimatum gets the arse.

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Kowalski said:
Hmmm, straying slightly off topic here, but I've always been curiuous about net love, how's that supposed to work when you never see somebody. I know for a fact though, from what I've heard, people get just as hurt in virtual sitiuations as in real ones, curious. Perhaps it is a matter of possiblity being thwarted, but across continents ??

Cheers

K

My cousin left his wife of over 30years for a lady he met on the net [ sad situation for his wife and family] He Lived in Australia and she lived in South Africa. I think it would take a lot of trust and truthfulness on both parties to be up front from the beginning with eachother as to what they both are looking for.. For Her,Don't send photos of twiggy when your really built like the side of a house, and for him, don't send pictures of yourself saying your built like big arnie and your really built like a pipe cleaner..Always be honest is the best policy.. ;)

Kowalski

Bennettresearch said:
Hey Kowalski,

Not very many men open up about this subject to so many people. I think she did you a favor, god help you if she wanted to be "just friends". I got suckered into that one many times. I was basically filling all of the role of a boyfriend without being the boyfriend. Very frustrating. I would rather be rejected and move on to something that was more satisfying to me.

The whole matching thing has gone computerized up here in Seattle. So many people are complaining that they just can't meet other people any more and finding someone for them seems impossible. Even though most of these people are from somewhere else, Seattle has always been that way. You usually ran into someone through a network of accidental contacts. In some cases you had to know someone for years before any spark was ignited forming a relationship. Instead of getting easier it got to be much harder.
Hey Man,

Couldn't agree with you more, I've been used myself, and in fact I recall one girl tellin me when she decided to end our little fling, that she just used me because she was lonely when she first moved into her house and lived on her own for the first time. Once she got established, it was bye bye K.

There definatley seems to be a problem with real life connections, maybe people know longer trust each other, re motives and agenda's.

Cheers

K