• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will you like to have God incarnated in the form of your own child ?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you like to have God incarnated in the form of your own child ? :)

Naraka no! Krishna drove Mother Yashoda to distraction with His antics... chasing Him, her hair disheveled, sari unpleated and drooping. Oh hell no! :D

Rāma, on the other hand, was a model child. Looked after His brothers. Was the pride and darling of His mothers (yes plural... His father had 3 wives).

But on the whole, no way.

Vee

Premium Member
History is the evident -- that parents of all God's incarnations like Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha etc. Also faced lot of troubles/problems along with them during their whole life time. So, this question is for the people who are awaiting God's incarnation in the coming future.

Do you stay awake at night thinking about stuff like this?

Milton Platt

History is the evident -- that parents of all God's incarnations like Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha etc. Also faced lot of troubles/problems along with them during their whole life time. So, this question is for the people who are awaiting God's incarnation in the coming future.

Which god and what would be the point?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
There won't be any avatara of Lord Vishnu before Kaliyuga nears its end, that is some 425,000 years from now. Sure, it will be a holy couple to whom Kalki avatara will be born. I do not think I am a suitable candidate.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
There won't be any avatara of Lord Vishnu before Kaliyuga nears its end, that is some 425,000 years from now. Sure, it will be a holy couple to whom Kalki avatara will be born.

I really do wish He’d rearrange His schedule to get here sooner. :D The parents of Lord Rama and Lord Krishna (not sure about Lord Parashurama) were themselves incarnations of persons who in past lives were given boons to take such births.

Bourne

God created us in his image, so god lives within us

Bourne

Of course he does. But, still there's difference between a general person, and incarnation of God.
Yea we need more time to learn. We also need to build a ship to get to another planet and create ecosystems as was done here

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I really do wish He’d rearrange His schedule to get here sooner. :D The parents of Lord Rama and Lord Krishna (not sure about Lord Parashurama) were themselves incarnations of persons who in past lives were given boons to take such births.
Parashurama: "Parashurama (Sanskrit: परशुराम, IAST: Paraśurāma, lit. Rama with an axe) is the sixth avatar of Vishnu in Hinduism and he is one of the chiranjeevis (immortals) who will appear at the end of the Kali yuga to be the guru of Vishnu's tenth and last avatar Kalki ."
Parashurama was born to the Brahmin sage Jamadagni and his Kshatriya wife, Renuka, living in a hut.
Parashurama - Wikipedia

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
God created us in his image, so god lives within us
We are none other than "what exists" in the universe. "What exists" is one, there is no second.
We also need to build a ship to get to another planet and create ecosystems as was done here
The light-year is a unit of length used to express astronomical distances and is equivalent to about 9.46 trillion kilometres (9.46 x 1012 km) or 5.88 trillion miles (5.88 x 1012 mi). We are not going anywhere. :)

Bourne

We are none other than "what exists" in the universe. "What exists" is one, there is no second.The light-year is a unit of length used to express astronomical distances and is equivalent to about 9.46 trillion kilometres (9.46 x 1012 km) or 5.88 trillion miles (5.88 x 1012 mi). We are not going anywhere. :)
The mass ejected by the big bang is not infinite as it has been measured giving the known universe a finite size

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I do not know about that. The star nearest to us is Proxima Centauri just 40,208,000,000,000 km away (i.e., 4.35 light-years) :).

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist

Haha, well here 's the thing. Aiken believes in the all-pervasive nature of God. That is, all people have the spirit of God in them, but incarnation is different.
Therefore God is a part of all humans, just not a direct incarnation. Of all religions, only Christianity makes this claim of its leader.

Also, Muhammad was not an incarnation of God. Not only do they not claim this ( "God has no son" basically calling Christianity a lie), but it would probably offend some people, given the man was actually verifiably evil. Buddhism didn't claim this of Buddha either. In fact, they reject the idea that Buddha should be worshipped. Buddhism is about cultivating the self, studying and meditation to reach enlightenment. Not about worship.

Jesus on the other hand was supposed to be the incarnation of God. The claim is that he could defy physics and walk on water, hw could calm weather, he could heal people up to and including removing disease and raising death. He also cursed a fig tree, causing it to shrivel up. And stuff like feeding 5000 and changing water into wine.

-----------------------------------------------

As to last one, I suppose I'd want a daughter. And she'd probably be willful and live her own life. Actually being incarnate would mean she'd have powers, and as a girl she might be more moody than someone like Jesus. Having her somewhat control the effect of her emotions would be the thing to teach her, or the land around my house would become blighted. My poor petunias. I'd imagine she would have zero interest in becoming a spiritual leader and just want to meet a nice boy. What, you thibk just because you have powers you have to become a prophet? Unless she's into that, I wouldn't force that life on anyone. But the first guy she'd probably meet might rape her or hurt her, and he might shrivel up and become fruitless himself.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
So where is the farthest object
A new celestial wonder has stolen the title of most distant object ever seen in the universe, astronomers report. The new record holder is the galaxy MACS0647-JD, which is about 13.3 billion light-years away. Google Search, Nov 15, 2012 (incidently found by Indian students).

Bourne

A new celestial wonder has stolen the title of most distant object ever seen in the universe, astronomers report. The new record holder is the galaxy MACS0647-JD, which is about 13.3 billion light-years away. Google Search, Nov 15, 2012 (incidently found by Indian students).
So clearly a measured distance is not infinite as you claimed