• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why this religion Specifically?

Eihab

Journalist
Hi,
What does make me sure that your religion is the only right religion, meaning if I'm a Jewish or Christian, why should I convert to Islam and vice versa?
What are the evidences?
I'm new here in this sub-forum, so I'm not aware of the novelty of this topic, if it had been discussed before so please direct me to it.
Thanks.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
For me, no one could just tell me that their religion is right for me to believe it. If I don't feel that something is 'right' then there is no way that I will start to believe it just by someone telling me it is.

There is no evidence; it's faith - it's a personal thing.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
No, I'm O.K, I'm just asking because it is a matter of evidences to me. :shrug:
I don't quite understand. Can you elaborate please?

BTW, I didn't mean you should convert to my religion or anything, just that you should convert to the religion that makes you happy. :D

Eihab

Journalist
What are the evidences can proof that Islam or Christianity or Judaism is the only true religion?
Why is Islam or Judaism or Christianity the only true religion?
Because the adherents of these three religions claim that there is only one true religion (Judaism or Christianity or Islam).

Renji

Hi,
What does make me sure that your religion is the only right religion, meaning if I'm a Jewish or Christian, why should I convert to Islam and vice versa?
What are the evidences?
I'm new here in this sub-forum, so I'm not aware of the novelty of this topic, if it had been discussed before so please direct me to it.
Thanks.

My "dictates of reason" tells me to stick with my religion. It is actually a personal choice if you wanna stick of it or convert.

Youtellme

What are the evidences can proof that Islam or Christianity or Judaism is the only true religion?
Because the adherents of these three religions claim that there is only one true religion (Judaism or Christianity or Islam).

I think most religions, when pushed would claim that they are the right one. Or else, what is the point? However, I understand what you are saying.

All three religions you have listed do claim to be the true religion, yet at the same time all three are divided within their own faiths.

The question is, out of those three great religions, which form of worship is true?

Well, each is based on the God of Abraham. All three religions worship the God of Abraham, eventhough they may not know the name of that God. However, they Bible makes it clear that the God of Abraham is called YHWH or Yaweh/Jehovah.

The Bible also makes it clear that he is a jealous God, exacting exclusive devotion or in other words, credit where credit is due. (To illustrate, if you were the author of a book, you would want to be recognised as such and probably wouldn't be happy if the praise for your book went to someone else.)
He has a specific form of worship that is acceptable to him and as of now all three religions you listed fall short of those requirements.

chinu

chinu
Hi,
What are the evidences?
Thanks.

As there are the salesman of second hand Car which can go to any length to sell car
So are the the salesman of religons,

I think Eihab ji, you better contact to any religious contractor for a DEACENT Answer.

BruceDLimber

What does make me sure that your religion is the only right religion?

I'm Baha'i, and we believe no such thing!

Indeed, our scriptures assert that ALL the great religions are legitimate and of God!!

The only difference (and the reason i'm a Baha'i) is because the Baha'i social teachings are for THIS age, not some other millenia ago!

You can find out more information at:

www.bahai.org

as well as

www.bahai.us

And further questions are most welcome! :)

Bruce

sniper762

ive been baptised, "saved", confirmed, etc. in many denominational congregations to include penticostal holiness, baptist, episcapalian, presbeterian, and lds among other non denominational ones. they all concidered me as a "member". i have denied neither.

WHAT AM I?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Hi,
What are the evidences?
Thanks.
Not every religion teaches this.

smokydot

I think most religions, when pushed would claim that they are the right one. Or else, what is the point? However, I understand what you are saying.
All three religions you have listed do claim to be the true religion, yet at the same time all three are divided within their own faiths.
The question is, out of those three great religions, which form of worship is true?
Well, each is based on the God of Abraham. All three religions worship the God of Abraham, eventhough they may not know the name of that God. However, they Bible makes it clear that the God of Abraham is called YHWH or Yaweh/Jehovah.
The Bible also makes it clear that he is a jealous God, exacting exclusive devotion or in other words, credit where credit is due. (To illustrate, if you were the author of a book, you would want to be recognised as such and probably wouldn't be happy if the praise for your book went to someone else.)
He has a specific form of worship that is acceptable to him and as of now all three religions you listed fall short of those requirements.
Which religion is God's true religion is indeed a matter of evidence, but it is not evidence to the mind.

1) The answer you give is a well-reasoned answer. . .but it won't "close the deal". . .bring you to faith in God's true religion.

2) Then there is what Jesus said:

No one comes to the Father except through him. (Jn 14:6; see Acts 4:12)

All those outside him are condemned already. (Jn 3:18)

So Jesus said he is the only way to God, and all those outside that way are condemned. . .but that won't "close the deal" either. . .bring you to faith in God's true religion.

3) There is only one way to "close the deal". . .to come to faith in God's true religion. . .and that is the witness of the Holy Spirit in one's spirit.

Faith in God's true religion is a work of the Holy Spirit, not a work of man.

Last edited:

Youtellme

Which religion is God's true religion is indeed a matter of evidence, but it is not evidence to the mind.

1) The answer you give is a well-reasoned answer. . .but it won't "close the deal". . .bring you to faith in God's true religion.

2) Then there is what Jesus said:

No one comes to the Father except through him. (Jn 14:6; see Acts 4:12)

All those outside him are condemned already. (Jn 3:18)

So Jesus said he is the only way to God, and all those outside that way are condemned. . .but that won't "close the deal" either. . .bring you to faith in God's true religion.

3) There is only one way to "close the deal". . .to come to faith in God's true religion. . .and that is the witness of the Holy Spirit in one's spirit.

Faith in God's true religion is a work of the Holy Spirit, not a work of man.

Thanks for the reply. However, what I think the OP is after is proof that you can take the word of one over the other as being the ultimate authority, or the truth. Just by Jesus saying what he did John doesn't mean that it is the truth. How do you prove Jesus was right or ever said those words?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

it is because of the God they are worshiping.

The God of the Isrealites proved himself to them, he saved them, fought for them and guided them. He proved to be a real God...one who is interested and involved with his followers.

He is also the maker of heaven and earth and keeps this universe functioning...and all life in it. So there is only one true God and he is the God of Abraham. His name is יהוה in hebrew and may be transliterated into English as YHWH, JHVH, or Jehovah.