• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why sometimes and some of christians insult prophet Mohammad ?

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Ezzedean,

Warraq's book noted above has well over 300 footnotes, many of which refer to Muslim/Arabic sources. I personally cannot read Arabic, tho I assume, being a Muslim, that you can, so if you can get ahold of a copy of "Why I am Not a Muslim" you will have a lifetime's worth of references, many of which were written contemporaneous with Muhammed's life.

I don't know if you, being a Muslim can get ahold of that text, and in all honesty, I would be concerned about your personal safety if you were discovered to have this text in your possession. So while I think it would be a very relevant and intersting book for you to read, my concerns about your well-being preclude me from suggesting you acquire a copy.

B.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Ezzedean said:
I'm not an expert on the Bible but I have heard a a few verses which talk about loving your enemy even more, or something along the lines of turning the other cheek, now I'm sure something like this can only be taken so far and that it doesn't necessarily mean to accept everyone elses religion, but i'm guessing that it's more about tolerating. What I find very interesting is that you (BUDDY) talk about muslims getting offended at people talking harshly about Mohammed, but then go on to say something like this; That being said, it is the responsibility of all christians to "test the spririts, whether they be from God." In doing that, we are performing the Lord's will.

How can you jump on a muslim who is defending Mohammed when he feels necessary (and yes, he's doing it because he believes he is performing Gods will) and then go on and talk about how it's okay for you to do it? Just doesn't make much sense to me. I think it's interesting because the same way the Jewish people dont accept Jesus, the Christians don't accept Mohammed. Maybe now you can understand where the Jews were coming from when they thought Jesus was false considering you're doing the exact same thing to Mohammed.
I do not believe that testing a message that is being brought to be, and loving the person you who bringing the message, is mutually exclusive. I can care about someone without blindly accept what they preach as truth. We are to love our enemies and pray for those that persecute us, but I do not find that this is at all relevant because someone who preaches another gospel than what I find in the Bible is not necessarily my enemy, and studying religion with someone does not equate to me being presecuted.

I don't believe that I ever said I would jump on a muslim for defending his prophet. I would be happy to discuss it. I don't think that telling a Muslim that I do not believe the same as they do is jumping on them. Are you offended because I do not believe? Is that what you are referring to? I do not believe that I said anything in my last post that can be construed as argumentative or attacking, but maybe you would like to point out where I was.

Ezzedean

BUDDY said:
I don't believe that I ever said I would jump on a muslim for defending his prophet. I would be happy to discuss it. I don't think that telling a Muslim that I do not believe the same as they do is jumping on them. Are you offended because I do not believe? Is that what you are referring to? I do not believe that I said anything in my last post that can be construed as argumentative or attacking, but maybe you would like to point out where I was.
You're right, you didn't, but the topic of this thread is why do some Christians insult Mohammed or argue against him. With that said, you went on to say that the Christians who do such things are just performing God's will, and all I was asking was what the difference was between a Christian performing Gods will or a Muslim doing the exact same thing. I probobly could have used my words a little differently but when I say you, I should have said 'someone", or 'a Christian'.. By the way, I'm sure I never once said I had a problem with you not believing either.

MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
I don't know if you, being a Muslim can get ahold of that text, and in all honesty, I would be concerned about your personal safety if you were discovered to have this text in your possession. So while I think it would be a very relevant and intersting book for you to read, my concerns about your well-being preclude me from suggesting you acquire a copy.

B.
I live in Canada, no one is gonna harm for owning a book whether it be a muslim or non-muslim... we're all pretty laid back over here. Thanks for the concern though, you have a good heart.

Peace and Blessings
Ezzedean

Ezzedean

BUDDY,

You should also realize that we believe Mohammed has told us the truth. He has made many prophecies which have come true, and Jesus told his disciples not to fear the man whose prophecies come true. Don't know the verse exactly, like I said, not a Bible expert.

A

A. Leaf

Mohammed I believe was a man full of love of his people and for Allah and Christ
Jesus Christ in his day would of most probably called his father Allah as well as this in Aramaic means the 'One God' similar again in Hebrew I believe. I would call myself a 'Man of Christ' well a man of all faiths just understand a few of Christs teachings. Also not a happy individual with the murder, corruption and paedophilia that has gone on through the Christian Church. My body is my temple ( Christ teaching ) even though it feels a little on the haggered side at the moment and my innerself is my faith.

SecondBoy

I thought that a christian is a monotheist.but now we understand that christians believe in trinity.
and about freedom of expression, if you insult mesengers of god (for example prophet Mohammad)
why do you become nervous at some expressions about Holocaust(in ww2)?
Why don't you endure expressions of iranain president about Holocaust?
you make contradictory statements.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Hi Secondboy,

I am going to try to NOT be combative here. I hope you get my drift in what I am saying.

Being a Muslim, you see Islam through what may be considered to be rose coloured glasses. You accept Islam entirely. Now, the point is, Islam, to the non-Muslim, does not seem to suggest the same things that it does TO a Muslim. Try looking at your religion from an unbelievers standpoint, although that may be quite difficult.

From my standpoint, Islam paints a pretty bleak picture for those of us who do not believe. For me to give Islam any credence whatsoever simply weakens my own position. Given the nature of Muhammed's legacy, it is not something that can be cherry picked. You cannot accept one aspect of Islam and ignore other aspects. It is pretty well all or nothing.

Islam is not conducive to 21st century reality, as it does not accept many aspects of "modern" society. These aspects are "innovations" diverging from how Muhammed told us we should live our lives. These "innovations" fly in the face of Islam. I believe implicity in those "innovations", therefore, for me to accept Muhammed as a Divine Prophet as given, would be highly hypocritical and would only serve to undermine my whole position. Get it?

How the great thinkers and scholars in Islam feel that dredging up the facts of the Holocaust will be helpful to our world is somewhat breathtaking. No doubt I am misreading their intentions, but those intentions, by the very nature of Islam, will no doubt vindicate Islam and point the finger of doubt back at everyone else. Again, it is not an especially enlightened way to make ones point, by opening old wounds.

Such a debate may earn Muslims "brownie points with Allah" but I doubt very much that it will win Islam many friends. If anything it will polarize things even further. Do you understand?

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
SecondBoy said:
hi .
we (muslims and christians) believe in god and heaven and hell.
we(muslims)don't allow anyone to insult prophet Jesus.we love
prophet Mohammad and we love Jesus also.
but why sometimes and some of christians insult prophet Mohammad ?
for example in Denmark and ...
Again we(muslims)don't allow anyone insult one of messengers of God neither Prophet Mohammad and neither prophet Jesus
Bottom line is no one should insulting anyones beliefs. People have very real experiences and reasons (minus cultural) as to why they believe what they do. To insult a persons beliefs is to insult that person. If somebody believes something different than me, then I ask them why and to give me reasons and explanations. And I will do the same for them.

Ulver

Mister_T said:
Bottom line is no one should insulting anyones beliefs. People have very real experiences and reasons (minus cultural) as to why they believe what they do. To insult a persons beliefs is to insult that person. If somebody believes something different than me, then I ask them why and to give me reasons and explanations. And I will do the same for them.

Where's the line between being critical and insulting then? Who draws that line?

SecondBoy said:
why do you become nervous at some expressions about Holocaust(in ww2)?
Why don't you endure expressions of iranain president about Holocaust?

HA!

There is enough physical evidence, including documents, eye witness accounts of soldiers and prisioners & much more to show that the Holocaust really happend. It's a a black mark on modern European/American society because of a sense of guilt for having allowed it to of occured and allowed Hitler to get away with other things. Therefore when someone out right says these things never happend, then a good chunk of us get pissed. Because when you forget the past it tends to allow it occur again in the future. Genocide has happend since WWII unfourtunately and people aren't aware of it enough. But that's a thing about human nature, people would rather turn a blind eye to the bad things in this world rather then try to understand those things to stop them.

To sum it up, to deny the Holocaust is the same as denying the Rape of Nanking, the attrocities of Joseph Stalin, the Millions killed by Mao Zedong's revolutionary policies, and almost the whole extermination of the Native American Tribes by European settlers (i.e. what would later become Americans).

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Ulver said:
To sum it up, to deny the Holocaust is the same as denying the Rape of Nanking, the attrocities of Joseph Stalin, the Millions killed by Mao Zedong's revolutionary policies, and almost the whole extermination of the Native American Tribes by European settlers (i.e. what would later become Americans).
Right on. I cannot resist adding this cartoon. If the mods don't like it, feel free to nuke it, I don't really care.

mwy4g4.jpg

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Tho it is hard to come up with humor on a subject as dreary and depressing as the near extermination of an entire race of people, I believe you may have come up with some Holocaust humor there Ymigfr.

B.

Bishadi

Secondboy - good thread. Mohammed can be seen as a prophet just like Moses, Jesus, and a whole slew of humble persons who noted just how cruel and inhumane man can be.

The problem with Islam is that there is very little evolution to the writings that entails giving the followers any liberties. What I mean by this is that the most humble of persons do not have a path of living without following the rituals declared as required by the writings of Islam. This is the curse of the belief.

We are all brothers and setting the tone should be as individuals not by mass pigeon holing. My daughter is a young woman and will never hide herself because of man’s instinctive desires. Man needs to be responsible for his own and not impose on others because of his weaknesses.

The caliphs and religious leaders within Islam just like the president of Iran are not well versed on the world’s people. The children of Islam are being oppressed by what these leaders are professing as the wishes of God.

If God wants his children to follow such without any need to evolve then why would they need nuclear material? It is man’s corruption that is using this belief structure to brainwash the humble people of Islam.

I Love the depth of humility the true followers of Islam represent, but it is the leaders who are instigating the separation of human beings with no regard for any.

For example; 911, the persons who piloted the planes to disaster are like any man, they died for what they thought was correct but the brainwashers are the immediate cause, they are who should be damned and these events should elevate the people of Islam to distinguish what is of ill regard and what is proper.

Send me to Islam …. Could it be possible to teach the people why the world is on their land? We as a people do not send their kids to war because of ill regard or false promise. We are not telling our children that if they die for “this” cause that God will give them 27 virgins. In other words they are taking boys high on testosterone and telling him if you do then you will get. So these leaders are using a human weakness for religious cause.

What a crock!

Who wants to know about the book Mohammed never saw, the Qur’an?!?!

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Wow, what a wonderful and interesting thread with all you guys seeing the truth with your eyes wide open.

All these arguments and claims are only because one crazy leader and some brainwasher terrorists making them represent 1000,000,000+ Muslims around the world.

I can say the same about Mr. Bush and all Christians around the world .... No?? !!!

I love you guys, This is so fair.

:clap

gnostic

The Lost One
The ancient pre-Christian Jews or Israelites never treated their prophet like a god, which seemed to be the sort of worshipping reverence that Christians placed on Jesus and the Muslims on Muhammad. Regardless of the prophets being messengers of god, they are human. Even Moses wasn't treated like the way Muslims treated Muhammad.

They respected Moses (and other prophets and the patriarchs), as guide (teacher) and lawgiver, but never to the point of treating them like gods or saints; Moses wasn't inviolable, which is how Muslims are treating their last prophet.

I have been to islam.com, where there are more Muslims there than here, and many have insulted Jesus and pre-Christian prophets. Their comments about the Bible or the Hebrew Tanakh is often harsh and insulting.

To me, I would criticise prophets and scriptures of all sort, regardless of which religions they belonged to.

Of all the patriarchs and prophets, I would definitely rate Jesus higher than Muhammad, not because I believe him to be the Messiah or that of resurrection or miracles. No, these things are unimportant to me as an agnostic. I respect Jesus more because he was truly a man of peace.

Muhammad and the Qur'an also spoke of peace, but there are contradictions there, both in the Islamic scripture and Muhammad's deeds. He had been involved in wars, and have ordered executions of not only his Arabic enemies, but also against Jews who had not sided with him in battle. He also promoted killing of unbelievers.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
They respected Moses (and other prophets and the patriarchs), as guide (teacher) and lawgiver, but never to the point of treating them like gods or saints; Moses wasn't inviolable, which is how Muslims are treating their last prophet.
We muslims respect them cuz we know they are prophets as well as prophet Mohammed...And if someone insulted Jesus, our react would be the same...

The point here is the respond to take....Prophet Mohammed was insulted, and this is not a freedom of speech...If the man used Bin ladin rather than Prophet Mohammed, no one would ever say a word, but using Prophet Mohammed is an insult to the whole religion...

I believe Muslims didnt take the suitable action for this problem....Since using violance as a respond confirms the wrong point of view European people have....

Islam is not a violant religion, and our respond ought to be more cultural, which means educating these people about the prophet they are insulting, cuz the man did draw these pictures with no back ground about the character he was drawing...

I'm totally against mocking and laughing on religion's simpols, cuz this means hurting many people worldwide, which is not an honor any way!!

Thank you

gnostic said:
The ancient pre-Christian Jews or Israelites never treated their prophet like a god, which seemed to be the sort of worshipping reverence that Christians placed on Jesus and the Muslims on Muhammad. Regardless of the prophets being messengers of god, they are human.
Muslims do not worship Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.S). We love Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.S)

Shortly after the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.S) died, many people were cying (due to the great love they had for the Prophet) and did not know where to go or who to turn to. Some people even went to the extent of saying Prophet Muhammad was God. Then Abu Bakr (a caliph, or rightly guided) made a statement (I am summarizing his statement). He said that if you worship Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.S) know that he is dead. But if you worship Allah, know the he is everlasting and never dies.

So, as you can see, Muslims love Prophet Muhammad dearly. WHen one becomes Muslim, he declares

"There is no God but God, and Muhammad is the Messenger of God"

Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.S) represents alot in Islam, and depicting him in pictures (with is forbidden) as a terrorist or joke really enrages Muslim. It creates hatred and shouldn't have been done.

If you don't accept Islam, then I can do nothing about it. But if you insult my Prophet, then what do you expect from me? This is a man who gave his life for Islam and the Oneness of God. Every Muslims life should be based on the Prophets' life.

We do not worship Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.S), but we love him!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Interesting, does anyone notice any women in these two photos? Guess it is a "guy thing".

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
gnostic said:
I have been to islam.com, where there are more Muslims there than here, and many have insulted Jesus and pre-Christian prophets. Their comments about the Bible or the Hebrew Tanakh is often harsh and insulting.
No one can answer you about this except Quran.

Allah said: Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Ibrahim, Isma'il, Ishaq, Ya'qub, and the Tribes, and that given to Musa and 'Isa, and that given to (all) Prophets from their Lord: we make no difference between one and another of them: and we bow to Allah (in Islam)." (Quran 2:136)

Therefore, if we "Muslims" didn't believe in Mohammed and the pervious Prophets and Apostles of Allah as well so we do not considered as Muslims.

The thing you saw in the website might be some harsh verses in the bible about some of our beloved prophets which we feel offended when we hear about them in that way "i,e, incest by a prophet in the bible" so they might just mentioned these verses from the bible only or it might be that there are some responds from children out there because i never head from Muslim such an act which considered very sinful to do so.

To me, I would criticise prophets and scriptures of all sort, regardless of which religions they belonged to.
Why the hate? to inforce violence among people who may put thier lives at risk to not to defend thier prophet !!!!!

Of all the patriarchs and prophets, I would definitely rate Jesus higher than Muhammad, not because I believe him to be the Messiah or that of resurrection or miracles. No, these things are unimportant to me as an agnostic. I respect Jesus more because he was truly a man of peace.
Both are the SAME to Muslims and this is how we respect all prophets of God Almighty and thier great teachings but i respect your opnion and you can rate anyone as you wish.;)

Muhammad and the Qur'an also spoke of peace, but there are contradictions there, both in the Islamic scripture and Muhammad's deeds.
Bring your evidence !!!

He had been involved in wars,
To maintain peace ... :)

and have ordered executions of not only his Arabic enemies,
He forgave them after Muslims captured Mekkah from the unbelievers.

but also against Jews who had not sided with him in battle.
He made a deal with the Jewish at that time to not help the non-Muslims in thier war against Islam but they broke thier promises as usual then he never harm them but Muslims asked them to move out from that area.

An example of how Prophet Mohammed was treating the Jewish:

Narrated 'Aisha: A group of Jews asked permission to visit the Prophet (and when they were admitted) they said, "As-Samu 'Alaika (Death be upon you)." I said (to them)"Aisa", "But death and the curse of Allah be upon you!" The Prophet said, "O 'Aisha! Allah is kind and lenient and likes that one should be kind and lenient in all matters." I said, "Haven't you heard what they said?" He said, "I said (to them), 'Wa 'Alaikum (and upon you). (Book #84, Hadith #61)

He also promoted killing of unbelievers.
Please don't just pick some words from the air and bring some proofs because the thing that you don't know that the unblievers started the war against Mohammed not him because he loves peace.