• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why sometimes and some of christians insult prophet Mohammad ?

SecondBoy

hi .
we (muslims and christians) believe in god and heaven and hell.
we(muslims)don't allow anyone to insult prophet Jesus.we love
prophet Mohammad and we love Jesus also.
but why sometimes and some of christians insult prophet Mohammad ?
for example in Denmark and ...
Again we(muslims)don't allow anyone insult one of messengers of God neither Prophet Mohammad and neither prophet Jesus

jewscout

Religious Zionist
SecondBoy said:
hi .
we (muslims and christians) believe in god and heaven and hell.
we(muslims)don't allow anyone to insult prophet Jesus.we love
prophet Mohammad and we love Jesus also.
but why sometimes and some of christians insult prophet Mohammad ?
for example in Denmark and ...
Again we(muslims)don't allow anyone insult one of messengers of God neither Prophet Mohammad and neither prophet Jesus
why sometimes muslims insult and demonize Moses?
http://www.jews-for-allah.org/israel/doesGodkillisralis.htm

:rolleyes:

Aqualung

Tasty
Because you believe Jesus was a prophet of god, and we don't believe Mohammed was. Now, I'm not advocating people who make fun of him, but it's really not that big a puzzle.

MdmSzdWhtGuy

I don't know that I have ever made fun of Mohammed, but I have read a lot about what Mohammed did during his lifetime, from Muslim sources, and I find much of it deplorable, and not very much of it is behavior I think anyone would want to emulate. I have been critical of Mohammed, and will continue to do so.

I realize this makes it acceptable for many who espouse Islam to kill me, as Theo Van Gough found out in Denmark, to offend Islam is to invite your own murder at the hands of a Muslim. But fear of retribution for speaking your mind is not reason enough for me to hold my tongue.

And I am not a Christian, nor a Jew, but rather a historian who calls it like I see it. If Muslims do or don't think highly of Jesus, that really has no effect on me. There are historical figures I think highly of, and those of whom I hold little regard. I base this on their actions and their effects on history.

B.

Ezzedean

Thats a pretty weak website you're showing. It looks like something a highschool kid has made in his computer tech class or something. I dont think we should take websites like this too seriously, considering half of them are made by people with a limited amount of knowledge. I dont know if you know this jewscout, but Moses is talked about in the Quran more than Mohammed himself. Personally for me, the story of Moses is one of my favorites, and I can tell you this for a fact, not one bad word is said about him in the Quran.

With that said, I do understand what you are getting at. All of the major prophets were insulted at one point or another. Not everyone loves Jesus, not everyone loves Moses and not everyone loves Mohammed. It's not just Christians who show this lack of respect, it's Jews and Muslims too, but does that make it okay? Of course not. I'm sure you know Jewscout, that no where in the Quran will you find hatred towards Moses or Jesus..... so try not to get too deep into these stupid websites that are made by pea-brained ingrates. Same goes for you secondboy, dont take the comments that some Christians or Jews make towards Mohammed and Islam to the heart (although that it is much easier said than done). For a "true" Christian to sit and insult Islam and Mohammed.. it would go against the teachings of the man whom their whole religion is based on, same goes for the Jewish people. We need to start emphasizing on our similarities because to be completely honest with you, there are a lot more than there are differences.

Peace and Blessings
Ezzedean

Ezzedean

MdmSzdWhiteguy, can you please send me a link or give me the title of these books you have read. I dont doubt in any way that you have read them, I would just like to take a look at them myself. You have to remember, although there are books which choose to portray Mohammed in one way, there are books (made by non Muslims) which portray him in a completely different light. It's all on which ones you choose to believe, clearly you have made that choice and I respect that, but I've also made mine, and I disagree with you. I dont want to kill you, nor do I want to fight you.. "Theo Van Gough found out in Denmark, to offend Islam is to invite your own murder at the hands of a Muslim." Should I take the actions of a skinhead (who are usually Christians) to heart? Should I truly believe that every Christian wants to see me off the face of this earth because I dont have white skin? I shouldn't and I most definately wont.

Peace and Blessings
Ezzedean

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I am rather strident in my views on Islam, so much so, I have to give a fair bit of thought to responses in Islamic threads. Part of the reason I disrespect Muhammed and Islam is simply in the fact that it engrages Muslims. Dead honest.

You see, I am not interested in listening to those who will kill me for stating my opinions. Just by the fact that Muslims freak out when they hear the slightest ripple of an insult against Muhammed is indicative just how tenuous their position is in fact. Enlightened people DO NOT have hissy fits with those who disagree with them, period.

What Muslim should try to understand is that to non-muslims, Islam presents a very large stationary target. It has a lot of juicy areas that can be gleefully attacked. In some ways, Muslims are just sitting ducks waiting to get their feathers ruffled so that they can turn on the pious Islamic charm.

The thing is, even in the Islamic eloquence, there is a distinct attitude of condescention. I really get the impression from MOST Muslims that they feel they are speaking to a small unruly children who simply do not understand.

Clearly, one camp does not have a firm grasp of reality. I'll leave you to decide which camp that is.

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Ezzedean said:
MdmSzdWhiteguy, can you please send me a link or give me the title of these books you have read. I dont doubt in any way that you have read them, I would just like to take a look at them myself. You have to remember, although there are books which choose to portray Mohammed in one way, there are books (made by non Muslims) which portray him in a completely different light. It's all on which ones you choose to believe, clearly you have made that choice and I respect that, but I've also made mine, and I disagree with you. I dont want to kill you, nor do I want to fight you.. "Theo Van Gough found out in Denmark, to offend Islam is to invite your own murder at the hands of a Muslim." Should I take the actions of a skinhead (who are usually Christians) to heart? Should I truly believe that every Christian wants to see me off the face of this earth because I dont have white skin? I shouldn't and I most definately wont.

Peace and Blessings
Ezzedean
I have read various historical texts over the years, whose name escape me at the moment, but the most recent reading was ibn Warraq's Why I Am Not A Muslim, which is heavily footnoted and which references Islamic writers from the Mid 7th Century, as well as the Hadith for its historical accounts about the life of Muhammed.

As far as Christianity being represented by Skinheads, I am aware you are in England, and the Skinhead/White Supremecists there are especially vehement from what I have seen and heard at the soccer/football games. I know most Christians would not lay claim to Skinheads as being representative of their faith, but there is no doubt that the Skinhead groups claim, themselves, to be Christian. I will leave it to the Christians as to how much of the Skinhead dogma they want to espouse/deny.

Warraq's book is, as I stated the one I most recently read, and is therefore the one I have the most vivid memory of, and he has a long detailed heavily footnoted chapter on the life of Muhammed, but references Arab/Islamic sources for the information.

I am aware of non-Muslim apologists who have written glowing accounts of Muhammed also. The events I refer to are pretty well accepted (I beleive) as historical fact, and come from writers who held Muhammed in the highest esteem. I have loaned the book to a colleague, or I would be happy to quote pages to you about specific instances of genocide, etc. . .

B.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Many muslims are offended (I would say most, but have no way to prove that) if someone tells them that they do not believe in Mohammad. If this is offensive to you and what you are talking about, then I am sorry to offend, but I do not believe that Allah is god and I do not believe that Mohammad is his prophet. That is just me and who I am though. If that offends you, then I think you worry to much about what other people believe and need to worry more about practicing the beliefs that are important to you and complete your life. If, in order to be happy, everyone must agree with you, then I am afraid you will live a very unhappy life. There are plenty of people on this forum that do not believe in the historical Jesus, the spiritual nature of the Bible, or even God, but I still count them as friends and am still hopeful that they will one day change their minds.

Ezzedean said:
For a "true" Christian to sit and insult Islam and Mohammed.. it would go against the teachings of the man whom their whole religion is based on, same goes for the Jewish people. We need to start emphasizing on our similarities because to be completely honest with you, there are a lot more than there are differences.
I believe that the Holy Bible tells us to beware of false teachers and to rebuke those who teach a word contrary to the one contained in the Bible. That being said, it is the responsibility of all christians to "test the spririts, whether they be from God." In doing that, we are performing the Lord's will. Christ does not teach us to just accept the teachings of anyone and everyone that comes along, in a blind manner. I think that you are completely off on this point.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I have no problem with your belief that Mohammad was a prophet of a God called Allah.

If Allah is indeed God He is the same God, who had Jesus as his son. This must be so as there is only one God.

The teachings of Mohammad seem to sometimes agree with Christian teachings, and sometimes they do not.

This is no surprise to me as we are not the same religion.

The Question is: Could the one God lay out more then one path for mans salvation?

God in his infinite wisdom can do anything, and it seems that in his wisdom he has done so.
It is not for us to speculate as to why God would chose to do anything. But it is possible that he has chosen multiple paths for a reason.
This could be to test our love for all men. And one of the most difficult tests is to love others who follow different faiths.

The same problem arises with the different forms of the Christian faiths.
Some of us have real problems with the special beliefs of others; this is a failing in ourselves not others and never God's.

Terry_______________________________

Blessed are the pure of heart, they shall behold their God.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Terrywoodenpic said:
I have no problem with your belief that Mohammad was a prophet of a God called Allah.

If Allah is indeed God He is the same God, who had Jesus as his son. This must be so as there is only one God.

The teachings of Mohammad seem to sometimes agree with Christian teachings, and sometimes they do not.

The Question is: Could the one God lay out more then one path for mans salvation?

God in his infinite wisdom can do anything, and it seems that in his wisdom he has done so.
It is not for us to speculate as to why God would chose to do anything. But it is possible that he has chosen multiple paths for a reason.
This could be to test our love for all men. And one of the most difficult tests is to love others who follow different faiths.

Some of us have real problems with the special beliefs of others; this is a failing in ourselves not others and never God's.

I have to disagree there Terry. I do not believe that the God of the Bible, and Allah of the Koran can be the same spiritual entity, if for no other reason than the contradictory nature of teh two teachings. I do not think that the God of the Bible would provide one way to salvation for one group of people, and then change His mind and change the way for an entire secondary generation. That simply, from a scriptural standpoint, can not be true if you believe in the Bible. I do agree with you about a need to love our fellow men though and caring for there souls is part of the love.

Popeyesays

"As far as Christianity being represented by Skinheads, I am aware you are in England, and the Skinhead/White Supremecists there are especially vehement from what I have seen and heard at the soccer/football games. "

Actually, the gentleman says he is from London,. Ontario which is in Canada.
The Netherlands has an horrendous problem with skin heads - predominantly Christian.

Regards,
Scott

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
BUDDY said:
I have to disagree there Terry. I do not believe that the God of the Bible, and Allah of the Koran can be the same spiritual entity, if for no other reason than the contradictory nature of teh two teachings. I do not think that the God of the Bible would provide one way to salvation for one group of people, and then change His mind and change the way for an entire secondary generation. That simply, from a scriptural standpoint, can not be true if you believe in the Bible. I do agree with you about a need to love our fellow men though and caring for there souls is part of the love.

I do not think many would disagree that the God of the old testament -followed by the Jews
and the God of the new testament - followed by Christians is the same God.
However the teachings of the two religions are quite different and distinct.
That there should be a third religion following the same God, seems no more unlikely than my first two examples.

That I personally do not believe in or follow the two other religions, in no way effects the reality of God for those other people.

In time and through the love of God we may one day have a better understanding of God's purpose. Till then we should follow such path as God has laid before us in trust and faith.

Terry_______________________

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Popeyesays said:
"As far as Christianity being represented by Skinheads, I am aware you are in England, and the Skinhead/White Supremecists there are especially vehement from what I have seen and heard at the soccer/football games. "

Actually, the gentleman says he is from London,. Ontario which is in Canada.
The Netherlands has an horrendous problem with skin heads - predominantly Christian.

Regards,
Scott
Ahh, sorry, saw the London, and assumed it was London, England

B.

Steve

Christians believe their salvation is through Christs Crucifixion and resurection, they believe that christ paid for their sin on the cross making atonement between them and God, eg the Christians sin is no longer seperating them and God because Christ dealt with it for them, just as a guilty man in court cant go free unless justice is served.

So when mohummad says that he is a prophet and that Christ was not crucified how do you expect Christians to regard his claim? Combine that with much of his history and it offers nothing over christianity and worse still for someone who genuinly belives Jesus is there saviour it amounts to a form of anti-Christ in the sense that it denys the most important and sacrificial thing Christ did for us.

Also looking at islams early history in regard to its interaction with christianity dosnt help either - eg
"Over 3200 churches were destroyed or converted into mosques during the first century of Islamic Jihad alone. During the Muslim invasion of Syria in AD 634 thousands of Christians were massacred. As Mesopotamia was conquered between AD 635 and 643 many churches and monasteries were ransacked, and ministers and Christians slain."...
"The crusaders were reacting to over four centuries of relentless Islamic Jihad, which had wiped out over 50% of all the Christians in the world and conquered over 60% of all the Christian lands on earth – before the crusades even began." http://www.frontline.org.za/news/end_of_islam.htm and http://www.frontline.org.za/articles/crusades_all_about.htm

Popeyesays

Steve said:
Christians believe their salvation is through Christs Crucifixion and resurection, they believe that christ paid for their sin on the cross making atonement between them and God, eg the Christians sin is no longer seperating them and God because Christ dealt with it for them, just as a guilty man in court cant go free unless justice is served.

So when mohummad says that he is a prophet and that Christ was not crucified how do you expect Christians to regard his claim? Combine that with much of his history and it offers nothing over christianity and worse still for someone who genuinly belives Jesus is there saviour it amounts to a form of anti-Christ in the sense that it denys the most important and sacrificial thing Christ did for us.

Also looking at islams early history in regard to its interaction with christianity dosnt help either - eg
"Over 3200 churches were destroyed or converted into mosques during the first century of Islamic Jihad alone. During the Muslim invasion of Syria in AD 634 thousands of Christians were massacred. As Mesopotamia was conquered between AD 635 and 643 many churches and monasteries were ransacked, and ministers and Christians slain."...
"The crusaders were reacting to over four centuries of relentless Islamic Jihad, which had wiped out over 50% of all the Christians in the world and conquered over 60% of all the Christian lands on earth – before the crusades even began." http://www.frontline.org.za/news/end_of_islam.htm and http://www.frontline.org.za/articles/crusades_all_about.htmhttp://www.frontline.org.za/articles/crusades_all_about.htmhttp://www.frontline.org.za/articles/crusades_all_about.htm
I don't know how you expect to get a balanced outlook on Islam at Frontline Ministries which is an evangelical Christian website with no tolerance for other religions.

I would suggest the book; Muhammed and the Course of Islam, H. M. Balyuzi for a balanced look at Islam. You won't find balance in a rabidly pro-Christian, anti_everything else website.

Regards,
Scott

Ezzedean

BUDDY said:
I believe that the Holy Bible tells us to beware of false teachers and to rebuke those who teach a word contrary to the one contained in the Bible. That being said, it is the responsibility of all christians to "test the spririts, whether they be from God." In doing that, we are performing the Lord's will. Christ does not teach us to just accept the teachings of anyone and everyone that comes along, in a blind manner. I think that you are completely off on this point.

I'm not an expert on the Bible but I have heard a a few verses which talk about loving your enemy even more, or something along the lines of turning the other cheek, now I'm sure something like this can only be taken so far and that it doesn't necessarily mean to accept everyone elses religion, but i'm guessing that it's more about tolerating. What I find very interesting is that you (BUDDY) talk about muslims getting offended at people talking harshly about Mohammed, but then go on to say something like this; That being said, it is the responsibility of all christians to "test the spririts, whether they be from God." In doing that, we are performing the Lord's will.

How can you jump on a muslim who is defending Mohammed when he feels necessary (and yes, he's doing it because he believes he is performing Gods will) and then go on and talk about how it's okay for you to do it? Just doesn't make much sense to me. I think it's interesting because the same way the Jewish people dont accept Jesus, the Christians don't accept Mohammed. Maybe now you can understand where the Jews were coming from when they thought Jesus was false considering you're doing the exact same thing to Mohammed.

I think this just shows how great Gods prophets were, and how much they are loved. People just dont want anything else, even if the truth slaps them in the face. Although I believe Islam is the truth, I can never say that it is, not to you or to anyone else, but we can all agree that we will find out when the day comes.

MdmSzdWhtGuy thanks for the reply, I haven't read as many books as I would like when it comes down to religion, but I'm ithcing to get started, so if you can remember the names of those books just send me a msg with the names or something.... I'd appreciate it.

Peace and Blessings
Ezzedean

Ezzedean

Sorry man, I just realized you gave me a title of a book... (3:23am), I'll look into that one for sure.

Peace and Blessings
Ezzu

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Terrywoodenpic said:

I tend to agree; firstly, I would never 'insult' the prophet of any Religious Group. After all, I have my faith, and I would prefer to spend my life treating others as I would wish to be treated.

As long as no one else's Religious rules are forced onto me, that's fine.

Ody

The reason is that many 'christians' (they are ones who are merely false ones) are prejudiced like a kkk member in georgia