• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why science unable to control Death ?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Interestingly enough they have made pretty much no progress at all. Cyrogenics, bionics, none of it works in regards to death.
We're born to die, s'all there is to it.

According to Scripture we were born to "LIVE" live happily.
Adam and Eve and descendants were to procreate only until the earth was full or populated, Not overpopulated - Genesis 1:28
If Adam had Not broken God's Law then Adam would be alive here on earth today.
Because Adam lost his healthy human perfection, then father Adam passed down to us his unhealthy state which always ends in death.
The only way to get rid of that inherited unhealthy state leading to death is for someone to come along and undo the damage father Adam brought upon us.
That is where Jesus enters the picture for us. Both Adam and Jesus started out sinless in a perfectly healthy state.
Adam failed in showing love. Whereas Jesus' integrity was tested in different difficult circumstances under suffering.
Both suffering Job and suffering Jesus were faithful under adverse conditions thus proving Adam could have kept integrity to God and His Law.
Also, Jesus' faithful death takes the place of our death. That means Jesus opened up the way for us to come back to life - Acts of the Apostles 24:15
Not to a sickly life but as Revelation 22:2 mentions earth's nations will be healed.
So, under Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental rulership over earth: No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24
That means No one will die. Enemy death will be No more - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8
As far as populating other planets, that remains to be seen, but earth will Not become overpopulated or over full.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
After decades of prosperity and success,
But still science is unable to escape "Death" why ?

Who says it can't? Maybe we just don't have the knowledge yet. And maybe it will eventually be able to show that our spirits always have survived death.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Because of the second principle of thermodynamics, I would say. A scientific fact.

Ergo, science cannot even claim to be abe to escape death, now and in the future, without being unscientific.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Science is still relatively new to humanity. We are at about 1% understanding of our universe, but we are gaining ground every day. Death, however, seems to be inevitable, no matter how you look at it.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I'm surprised Global Warming, Nuclear Weapons and how half the Earth's non-renewable resources are already gone hasn't yet convinced people of that.
I think the progress in combating disease, communication, and our ability to travel alone offsets these things.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Sorry.. It's hard to tell online.. you're being facetious right?
No. I'm not. Obviously, with any endeavor, there will be bad and good things that come from it. It isn't the fault of science that people use nuclear reactions to cause harm. Science is discovery, not malicious use. Imho, the benefits of science far outweigh any detriments it has caused.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Not at all, there is no inherent reason why cells should not reproduce indefinitely, they are all given a set life-span.
In the future, it might be possible that evolution will reach a point where a multi-celled organism might be "immortal", but that wouldn't be preferable. But, that is beside the point. There is very good reasoning as to why organisms die. Aging, and eventually dying, is a consequence of the accumulation of damage to an organism over time. There is wear and tear on DNA, from chemicals in the environment, or radiation, or copying errors. Cells may not divide correctly, and proteins can misfold, leading to gradual deterioration of tissues, or catastrophic disease and system shutdown.

Aquitaine

Of course not.
But I don't think my quality of life is worth the consequences that this 'progression' has wrought.
Then by all means, abandon the luxuries of the modern lifestyle.
We've come a long way in vastly improving the quality of life for many people, of course there are counterbalances, but surely being able to provide abundant food, clean and safe drinking water, and accessible electricity for a significant portion of the human population is worth it?

Not to mention, in certain areas we seem to be getting greener, being able to acheive similar results with less carbon footprint.

Thana

Lady
Then by all means, abandon the luxuries of the modern lifestyle.
We've come a long way in vastly improving the quality of life for many people, of course there are counterbalances, but surely being able to provide abundant food, clean and safe drinking water, and accessible electricity for a significant portion of the human population is worth it?

Not to mention, in certain areas we seem to be getting greener, being able to acheive similar results with less carbon footprint.

Check the stats, most of the world sucks and is continuing to suck. Not to mention how little help the summit in France was or how we're right now in a water crisis or how most of the world makes less than 10 bucks a day.

But sure, whatever you say.

And no, why would I give them up? That's idiotic since I know it would have about as much impact on the world as me not giving them up.