• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why One May Never See God

Altfish

Veteran Member
I define God as a non-objective cognition that holds ultimate reality together at its seams and is not apparent in the matter we perceive on a Classical level. It is a universal mind that assumes no particular shape or form. And It changes with time, just like everything else. It can also assume non-existence and existence generated by an observer. But only in the presence of an observer. It has no independent existence otherwise. The latter part is a personal observation and should not be set in stone.
How does she write books, like the Bible?

Ostronomos

How does she write books, like the Bible?

Aside from assigning human traits to God, which would not necessarily be off the mark, the Bible, is a man-made work using symbolism and metaphor.

What I am attempting to prove on these forums is that God is not merely a manifestation of human imagination, but an actual universal intelligence that distributes over reality at large. This intelligence possesses latent creativity and processes information and has independent existence. It grants sincere prayer and the human individual is capable of sensing Its presence. Hence prayer for protection against demonic foes. All of which are sensed when one steps out of the Matrix so to speak.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Aside from assigning human traits to God, which would not necessarily be off the mark, the Bible, is a man-made work using symbolism and metaphor.

What I am attempting to prove on these forums is that God is not merely a manifestation of human imagination, but an actual universal intelligence that distributes over reality at large. This intelligence possesses latent creativity and processes information and has independent existence. It grants sincere prayer and the human individual is capable of sensing Its presence. Hence prayer for protection against demonic foes. All of which are sensed when one steps out of the Matrix so to speak.
Good luck with that!

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
This is the problem, nobody knows what god is. She is different to different people.
My definition is: - an invented crutch to explain the unknown, exploited by the leaders to control and make money.

That is a wonderful definition. Thanks for sharing. Has it all in just 1 line. Very creative.
God being unknown makes it quite obvious that it's impossible to see God.
Makes sense to me.

Christians claim to know a lot about God "God will judge ... heaven .. hell .. sin .. wants them to evangelize .. Jesus is only way" etc
So they must be able to give us a definitions I guess.
Else these one-liners of them don't make any sense at all.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

How would you do that? o_O People have tried (and still try) for years to find proof god beyond paper and testimonies of the deceased. They've trying to say historical events prove supernatural ones and somethings natural to the human body cannot exist if not written or said throughout history.

What can you show that will define god as a universal intelligence?

God isnt the imagination of people but a community's association of daily events, lifestyle, and experience with whom (and what) they find and define its traits as the origin.

Its not made up. It evolved as humans do. Hence why there are so many definitions.

How is universal intelligence involved?

What is that anyhow?

Ostronomos

How would you do that? o_O People have tried (and still try) for years to find proof god beyond paper and testimonies of the deceased. They've trying to say historical events prove supernatural ones and somethings natural to the human body cannot exist if not written or said throughout history.

What can you show that will define god as a universal intelligence?

God isnt the imagination of people but a community's association of daily events, lifestyle, and experience with whom (and what) they find and define its traits as the origin.

Its not made up. It evolved as humans do. Hence why there are so many definitions.

How is universal intelligence involved?

What is that anyhow?

There is apparently no distinction between physical matter and information at the most basic level of reality (time processes information), of which reality consists primarily of information and cognition or the union by the process of collective consciousness. The universe is running a simulation of it's own contents, think Matrices within Matrices. Reality evolves through time or syntax the way a language would, where the general elements contain the specific. I think of the Spirit of God as a common language collective or whole consciousness which processes and configures itself automatically takes place through all spatial dimensions from 1 to 10, with the ligament of time totaling 11. While nothing is unreal, nothing can be said to be real. Thus we eliminate the untruth of an "external reality" acting outside the mind. Where the universe can be thought of as the mind of God, nothing is not existing on it's own outside the universe. Nothing is defined as unbound telesis or UBT acting freely of information onstraint.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
There is apparently no distinction between physical matter and information at the most basic level of reality (time processes information), of which reality consists primarily of information and cognition or the union by the process of collective consciousness. The universe is running a simulation of it's own contents, think Matrices within Matrices. Reality evolves through time or syntax the way a language would, where the general elements contain the specific. I think of the Spirit of God as a common language collective or whole consciousness which processes and configures itself automatically takes place through all spatial dimensions from 1 to 10, with the ligament of time totaling 11. While nothing is unreal, nothing can be said to be real. Thus we eliminate the untruth of an "external reality" acting outside the mind. Where the universe can be thought of as the mind of God, nothing is not existing on it's own outside the universe. Nothing is defined as unbound telesis or UBT acting freely of information onstraint.

You remind me of someone else here describing god by computer gadgets and CPUs.

Im not computer literate. Can you explain it in a metaphor or just translate metaphysic words to basic terms?

Ostronomos

You remind me of someone else here describing god by computer gadgets and CPUs.

Im not computer literate. Can you explain it in a metaphor or just translate metaphysic words to basic terms?

con·fig·ure
kənˈfiɡyər/
verb
  1. shape or put together in a particular form or configuration.
    "two of the aircraft will be configured as VIP transports"
    • COMPUTING
      arrange or order (a computer system or an element of it) so as to fit it for a designated task.
      "expanded memory can be configured as a virtual drive".
Definition of Unbound Telesis
Unbound Telesis (UBT) - a primordial realm of infocognitive potential free of informational constraint. In CTMU cosmogony, "nothingness" is informationally defined as zero constraint or pure freedom (unbound telesis or UBT), and the apparent construction of the universe is explained as a self-restriction of this potential. In a realm of unbound ontological potential, defining a constraint is not as simple as merely writing it down; because constraints act restrictively on content, constraint and content must be defined simultaneously in a unified syntax-state relationship.[2]

UBT - CTMU Wiki

syn·tax
ˈsinˌtaks/
noun
  1. the arrangement of words and phrases to create well-formed sentences in a language.
    "the syntax of English"
    • a set of rules for or an analysis of this.
      plural noun: syntaxes
      "generative syntax"
    • the branch of linguistics that deals with this.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
con·fig·ure
kənˈfiɡyər/
verb
  1. shape or put together in a particular form or configuration.
    "two of the aircraft will be configured as VIP transports"
    • COMPUTING
      arrange or order (a computer system or an element of it) so as to fit it for a designated task.
      "expanded memory can be configured as a virtual drive".
Definition of Unbound Telesis
Unbound Telesis (UBT) - a primordial realm of infocognitive potential free of informational constraint. In CTMU cosmogony, "nothingness" is informationally defined as zero constraint or pure freedom (unbound telesis or UBT), and the apparent construction of the universe is explained as a self-restriction of this potential. In a realm of unbound ontological potential, defining a constraint is not as simple as merely writing it down; because constraints act restrictively on content, constraint and content must be defined simultaneously in a unified syntax-state relationship.[2]

UBT - CTMU Wiki

syn·tax
ˈsinˌtaks/
noun
  1. the arrangement of words and phrases to create well-formed sentences in a language.
    "the syntax of English"
    • a set of rules for or an analysis of this.
      plural noun: syntaxes
      "generative syntax"
    • the branch of linguistics that deals with this.

This reads like a christian giving me scripture as if I can read his mind on what he's trying to say. Bad communication tactic

Especially online

Can you explain in your own words how god (a metaphysic word thats not in the dictionary) is defined as universal intelligence (also, what that means) and how you communicate and relate god to computers?

sealchan

Because reality is hard to see.

If we work on this premise, we can prevent deceiving ourselves by distinguishing the differences between God and blind nature. For example, one may walk around in pitch black darkness and experience one's fear rising. Since mind = reality, you are transparent and your thoughts may become manifest unless one takes full control. According to Christopher Michael Langan, author of the CTMU, you are transparent to the Global Conscious Agency God which means God is there in the room with you as God sees all. Either that or you must enter that realm in which God exists for It to see you.

The reason we cannot see God is because to see God is to see one's self seeing the subjective cannot consume the objective. It is a self-reference paradox and so by the very foundation of linguistic meaning it cannot be rationally resolved even if the linguistic phrase is meaningful. In human language the word God is the signifier of ultimate human potential, a potential that humans can never reach because human consciousness must always be partial ("sin"). It is the psychological truth behind the story of the Tower of Babel and the The Fall of Man.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Why does God make it so hard for us to see him/her?
Is it 'hard or is it a protection' because according to Exodus 33:20 we can Not see God's face and continue to live.
That is why gospel writer John could write at John 1:18 that No man has seen God at any time.
Even saying at John 6:46 that No man has seen the Father ( aka God ).
John also writes at 1 John 4:12 No man has seen God at any time.
So, in other words, we can Not see God and remain alive.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member

If we work on this premise, we can prevent deceiving ourselves by distinguishing the differences between God and blind nature. For example, one may walk around in pitch black darkness and experience one's fear rising. Since mind = reality, you are transparent and your thoughts may become manifest unless one takes full control. According to Christopher Michael Langan, author of the CTMU, you are transparent to the Global Conscious Agency God which means God is there in the room with you as God sees all. Either that or you must enter that realm in which God exists for It to see you.
And why is this true?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Christians claim to know a lot about God "God will judge ... heaven .. hell .. sin .. wants them to evangelize .. Jesus is only way" etc
So they must be able to give us a definitions I guess.
Else these one-liners of them don't make any sense at all.
First, please note John 5:22,27 because God committed all judging to his Son ( aka Jesus ).
We are nearing a soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
Jesus, as Shepherd, will separate people, placing figurative humble ' sheep ' at his right hand of favor.
Whereas, those haughty figurative ' goats ' are classed as wicked who will be destroyed forever - Psalms 92:7.
So, we are ALL given the choices at 2 Peter 3:9 to ' repent ' if we do Not wish to ' perish ' ( be destroyed ).
The figurative ' sheep ' can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth takes place. When Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among person's of goodwill.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We perceive objective reality, the world that exists external to the self, by the senses. We do not perceive God, a god, or gods there. For purposes of trying to perceive a real god, a god with objective existence, there isn't even a satisfactory definition of 'god', such that we could tell whether any real candidate were God / a god or not.

As it stands, the only place gods are known to exist is in the mentation, the imagination, of individuals.
If we work on this premise, we can prevent deceiving ourselves by distinguishing the differences between God and blind nature.
On what basis do you think the premise reality is hard to see would make a real god easier to see? (An imaginary god, no problem, of course.)
For example, one may walk around in pitch black darkness and experience one's fear rising.
Or one may not feel fear. Or one may click on the light switch. Or turn on one's phone for the light of the display or one's phone may have a torch.
Since mind = reality
So, you say, you can breath mind, not air; drink mind, not water; eat mind, not food; have children with mind, not with a partner; shelter from rain under mind, not under an umbrella? Surely that's nonsense?
you are transparent and your thoughts may become manifest unless one takes full control.
Transparent in whose view?
According to Christopher Michael Langan, author of the CTMU,
Wikipedia informs me that CTMU is Langan's "Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe"; and that

Langan contends that anything sufficiently real to influence reality must be within reality, and that mind and reality are ultimately inseparable to the extent that they share common rules of structure and processing.​

The working brain is wholly physical ('within reality'). How does he define 'mind' such that we can clearly distinguish 'mind' from 'brain process'?
you are transparent to the Global Conscious Agency God which means God is there in the room with you as God sees all. Either that or you must enter that realm in which God exists for It to see you.
Is 'God' here intended as the name of a real, sentient and purposeful entity, or simply something imagined? If it's real, where may we examine it?

Ostronomos

Wikipedia informs me that CTMU is Langan's "Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe"; and that

Langan contends that anything sufficiently real to influence reality must be within reality, and that mind and reality are ultimately inseparable to the extent that they share common rules of structure and processing.​

The working brain is wholly physical ('within reality'). How does he define 'mind' such that we can clearly distinguish 'mind' from 'brain process'?
Is 'God' here intended as the name of a real, sentient and purposeful entity, or simply something imagined? If it's real, where may we examine it?

Drawing from an analogy in formal science, specifically the departure of Quantum and Classical realms, we may be lead to conclude that unless one has entered the Quantum world, one may never witness God in any way shape or form. This is unfortunate as the vast majority fall under this category. However, the few (including me) have. Hence we bring it to a wider audience by formalizing it as a theory which if met with success, will be accepted as something convincing.

Brain and mind-as-brain process are indistinguishable. For further explanations of Langan's interpretation of the brain as vibrating in higher dimensions I will refer you to the following interview with Langan, here:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Drawing from an analogy in formal science, specifically the departure of Quantum and Classical realms, we may be lead to conclude that unless one has entered the Quantum world, one may never witness God in any way shape or form.
As a matter of principle, argument from analogy is essentially fallacious; analogy is quasi-example, not argument for a conclusion.

Anyway, what do you mean by 'God' here, that is, what exactly are we setting out to 'witness'? You didn't answer my question as to whether Langer is positing (a) an entity (b) with objective existence that is (c) sentient and (d) purposeful ─ is he? By what real qualities can we identify it?

And how may we 'be led to conclude' that God may be 'witnessed' in the 'Quantum world'? Do you mean that we can find God using the Large Hadron Collider? The scanning electron microscope? What kind of 'witnessing' are you referring to?
we bring it to a wider audience by formalizing it as a theory
Then I can expect clear and exact answers from you?
Brain and mind-as-brain process are indistinguishable.
So we agree that all we're talking about here is brain function? That which is 'within reality'?
the brain as vibrating in higher dimensions
The sense in which the brain may be said to 'vibrate' needs clarification. Is this a reference to quantum fluctuations? If so, whether there's anything special about them in brains is a matter of fact, hence of research. I'm not aware of any, so I'm interested to hear what you know.

If it means something else, what does it mean?

And I'm not aware of any real thing recognized by physics as 'higher dimensions', only hypotheses which propose them but which are unconfirmed experimentally. How many such higher dimensions are claimed here, what properties do they have relevant to 'God', and how do you know?

(By the way, I'm discussing this with you, not with a one-hour interview on the net. If you think anything in that video is relevant, simply quote it here.)

Last edited:

dfnj

Why does God make it so hard for us to see him/her?
Wouldn't God have many more followers if she just revealed herself instead of playing childish mind games?

Because keep nature consistently abiding by the laws of physics takes all His energy.

dfnj

I define God as a non-objective cognition that holds ultimate reality together at its seams and is not apparent in the matter we perceive on a Classical level. It is a universal mind that assumes no particular shape or form. And It changes with time, just like everything else. It can also assume non-existence and existence generated by an observer. But only in the presence of an observer. It has no independent existence otherwise. The latter part is a personal observation and should not be set in stone.

My definition of God is bigger than yours. My God is just a word. The word God represents every possible thought and experience that can possibly ever happen. So your idea of God is just one of the subset definitions of my definition of God. Not only is my God pantheistic like yours but also Abrahamic at the same time. My idea of God is every possible idea for God all at the same time.