• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jews did not accept Jesus (pbuh)!

Tumah

Veteran Member
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/6086.htm
carpenters* (4), framework (1), gallows (9), handle (1), logs (1), shaft (3), stalks (1), stick (8), sticks (3), timber (19), timbers (5), tree (74), trees (71), wild* (1), wood (111), wooden (6).
וְכִֽי־ יִהְיֶ֣ה בְאִ֗ישׁ חֵ֛טְא מִשְׁפַּט־ - and when there will be to a man a sin [whose] judgement is

מָ֖וֶת - death

וְהוּמָ֑ת - and he is killed

וְתָלִ֥יתָ - and you shall hang

אֹת֖וֹ - him

עַל־ - on

עֵֽץ׃ - tree, wood

At first I felt satisfied, but the feeling went away fast.

It seems it is possible that the man pictured died on the tree (which is made of wood).

To die hanging him on a tree. But I know no Hebrew and must trust you to tell me the truth. I don't.
The verse that you wrote here says what I told you. I added in the translation to show you how.

There are no sins whose punishment is hanging from the court. Its after he was killed by the court, that he's hung from the tree.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I concede.
Some Christian theologians, beginning with Paulof Tarsus writing in Galatians3:13, have interpreted an allusion to crucifixion in Deuteronomy21:22-23. This reference is to being hanged from a tree, and may be associated with lynching or traditional hanging. However, Rabbinic law limited capital punishment to just 4 methods of execution: stoning, burning, strangulation, and decapitation,
What says the law about hanging a dead body from a tree or tree like thing?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sadly, I understand the reason for hanging a living person from a tree. I do not understand why a dead body might be hung up by people who are warned not to leave him up there. What is the history of such a practice?

Tumah

Veteran Member
Sadly, I understand the reason for hanging a living person from a tree. I do not understand why a dead body might be hung up by people who are warned not to leave him up there. What is the history of such a practice?
You aren't reading the verse well. The verse is saying to hang him on the tree, but not longer than until night time.

rosends

The commentator rashi writes "Our Rabbis said: All who are stoned [by the court] must [afterwards] be hanged, for the verse (23) says,“a hanging [human corpse] is a blasphemy of God.” [Thus, we find that the sin of blasphemy is connected with hanging,] and a blasphemer is punished by stoning. [Consequently, our Rabbis taught that all those stoned must be hanged.]- [San. 45b]"

I presume that this was to be a deterrent.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Or according to Nachmanides based on the other position in the Talmud, this punishment is for cursing G-d or worshiping idols. With the reason being that since this person disgraced G-d, his rectification is that he is disgraced in turn (by hanging his corpse).

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
so why Jews rejecting him ?
Since this is open to any Abrahamic, it then includes me.... :innocent:

The real reason might be because the Pharisees used to know how the prophecies by Yeshua were fulfilled...

Zechariah 11 nullified the Abrahamic covenant, when 30 pieces of silver were paid for the price of Yeshua's head, and put into the potters field in the house of Israel...

Thus the 2nd temple was destroyed as they were no longer under the protection of YHVH...

Thus they forged both John's and Paul's writings to cover it up; as there are clear unnecessary statements, that hint at them reinstating themselves, and making sure they held exclusivity...

Sort of like circumnavigating the law, and hoping the divine wouldn't notice; which clearly it has, and foretold it before it happened...

So now with Modern day Rabbinic Jews who've been lied to for thousands of years, they might no longer be aware of the additional contexts, and thus just don't accept Yeshua, due to their own deception, they've possibly created in the first place (John & Paul, etc)..

See Yeshua wasn't claiming to be the Messiah 2000 years ago, 'he told his disciples not to tell people he was the Christ'; neither did he claim the Messianic age was then, so it is a null argument to say he didn't fulfill these.

The idea that there isn't prophecy predicting a long series of events before the Messianic age, is just denial of the evidence within the Tanakh. :innocent:

P.s I love you all, and don't mean any malice; this is just what i assess from the text. :heart:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You aren't reading the verse well. The verse is saying to hang him on the tree, but not longer than until night time.
I understand. I am asking about the practice of hanging up dead people. It is totally foreign to me.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Not so much. It was the law to kill, but it was against the law to touch the killed body.
I don't understand what you're saying. I just showed you that it was the law that certain people that were killed needed to also be hung afterwards. That is also part of the law.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't understand what you're saying. I just showed you that it was the law that certain people that were killed needed to also be hung afterwards. That is also part of the law.
I do not think that the hanging up of a body was God's will. I think MEN made that law.

pouria

well, because he said what other prophets had said. ZAKARIYA and john were also killed by jews because they asked them to obey god and not money...

that's all it comes down to.