• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jews did not accept Jesus (pbuh)!

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Salam/Shalom/Hello

Please NOTICE this is Abrahamic DIR

As I see the Jews rejected Jesus (pbuh) because he said "I am God"

But actualy Jesus (pbuh) never claim that he is a God ,in Gospel there is no single scrpitures said Jesus (pbuh) claim that he is God , so why Jews rejecting him ?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
No, Jews rejected him because there was no reason not to reject him.

Any claims to messiah status were provably wrong
Any claims to religious authority were unsupported
Any claims to prophecy were theologically invalid

So why should anyone accept him as anything?
He claim he is messiah.
how he should support his religious authority ?

is his birth without a male (only woman) is valid in Jewish history ?

rosends

Sabour

Salam/Shalom/Hello

But actualy Jesus (pbuh) never claim that he is a God ,in Gospel there is no single scrpitures said Jesus (pbuh) claim that he is God , so why Jews rejecting him ?

To my knowledge, according to Jewish law, whoever gets crucified is cursed by God. This for me would justify the reason why there was a need to crucify Jesus piece by upon him. the purpose was to disprove his message to worship God and only God and disprove who he was.

I don't know the rest of this and how it turned out to be, but I know that Jesus peace be upon him was not crucified.

Aiviu

Salam/Shalom/Hello

He blamed the jews that they dont understood as how he did.

Aiviu

No, Jews rejected him because there was no reason not to reject him.

Any claims to messiah status were provably wrong
Any claims to religious authority were unsupported
Any claims to prophecy were theologically invalid

So why should anyone accept him as anything?

Am i allowed to ask for what Jews living for/believing in? I am not in your authority tho forgive me if my question came in somewhat rude or naive.
i found it myself.

Last edited:

Tumah

Veteran Member
To my knowledge, according to Jewish law, whoever gets crucified is cursed by God. This for me would justify the reason why there was a need to crucify Jesus piece by upon him. the purpose was to disprove his message to worship God and only God and disprove who he was.

I don't know the rest of this and how it turned out to be, but I know that Jesus peace be upon him was not crucified.
There is not such concept in Jewish Law. Crucifixion is not even discussed anywhere in Jewish literature.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is not such concept in Jewish Law. Crucifixion is not even discussed anywhere in Jewish literature.
JPS Tanakh 1917 Deuteronomy 21:23
his body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt surely bury him the same day; for he that is hanged is a reproach unto God; that thou defile not thy land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/6086.htm
carpenters* (4), framework (1), gallows (9), handle (1), logs (1), shaft (3), stalks (1), stick (8), sticks (3), timber (19), timbers (5), tree (74), trees (71), wild* (1), wood (111), wooden (6).
וְכִֽי־ יִהְיֶ֣ה בְאִ֗ישׁ חֵ֛טְא מִשְׁפַּט־

מָ֖וֶת

וְהוּמָ֑ת

וְתָלִ֥יתָ

אֹת֖וֹ

עַל־

עֵֽץ׃

At first I felt satisfied, but the feeling went away fast.

It seems it is possible that the man pictured died on the tree (which is made of wood).

To die hanging him on a tree. But I know no Hebrew and must trust you to tell me the truth. I don't.

Aiviu

We live to serve G-d and we believe in HIm.
I found:...
[ .. Yet this is not quite the true fulfilment of the human being. True fulfilment is achieved when the intellect leads him to the realisation that there is something higher than intellect, so that the intellect surrenders itself completely to that ideal.

To put it more clearly, human fulfilment is attained when intellect recognises that man, and with him the entire creation, must strive for and achieve acknowledgement of, and attachment to, G–d, the Creator of the Universe and Master of everything in it ... ]

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/108390/jewish/What-is-Lifes-Purpose.htm

Is that correct? How old are those who attained it through a very discipline life of pratice?

Tumah

Veteran Member
I found:...
[ .. Yet this is not quite the true fulfilment of the human being. True fulfilment is achieved when the intellect leads him to the realisation that there is something higher than intellect, so that the intellect surrenders itself completely to that ideal.

To put it more clearly, human fulfilment is attained when intellect recognises that man, and with him the entire creation, must strive for and achieve acknowledgement of, and attachment to, G–d, the Creator of the Universe and Master of everything in it ... ]

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/108390/jewish/What-is-Lifes-Purpose.htm

Is that correct? How old are those who attained it through a very discipline life of pratice?
That is the Chabad method of perfecting one's service of G-d. There are many ways to reach the goal.

One attains it, the minute before one dies. Until then, there is always room to improve oneself.

Flankerl

carpenters* (4), framework (1), gallows (9), handle (1), logs (1), shaft (3), stalks (1), stick (8), sticks (3), timber (19), timbers (5), tree (74), trees (71), wild* (1), wood (111), wooden (6).

מָ֖וֶת

וְהוּמָ֑ת

וְתָלִ֥יתָ

אֹת֖וֹ

עַל־

עֵֽץ׃

It seems it is possible that the man pictured died on the tree (which is made of wood).

To die hanging him on a tree. But I know no Hebrew and must trust you to tell me the truth. I don't.

Cute. Left out the "NASB Translation" part and the entire upper half were it says "tree, trees, wood" though.

rosends

מָ֖וֶת

וְהוּמָ֑ת

וְתָלִ֥יתָ

אֹת֖וֹ

עַל־

עֵֽץ׃

"If a man commits a sin for which he is sentenced to death, and he is put to death, you shall [then] hang him on a pole."

(Judaica Press translation). The verbs indicate that he is put to death and then hung on a tree.