1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Why Islam makes more sense conceptually of all the Abrahamic faiths

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by Epic Beard Man, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Faithofchristian

Faithofchristian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +516
    Religion:
    Christian
    It's evidence that you have no clue or idea, Why God came down here in the body of flesh of Jesus Christ.

For what reason did God come down here, What did mankind do, that caused God to come down here ?

The Qu'ran does not teach this and why not, if the Qu'ran is so important.

#61 Faithofchristian, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  2. shunyadragon

shunyadragon Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,821
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    As in the Baha'i Faith the station of Jesus Christ may be that of the Spiritual 'Son of God' in Islam, not physical, as described by the concept of the Messiah 'Son of God' in the Old Testament.

I believe that the progressive Revelation and the spiritual evolution of humanity is a better conceptual view that reflects the realty of the relationship of the different religions of the world as stages in the spiritual evolution. No religion including the Baha'i Faith is 'conceptually' complete as Judaism, Christianity and Islam. That is why no onreligion ever gets a pass and ultimately has to give way to the future spiritual evolution of humanity.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,821
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    That would be true if the claims of traditional Christianity being true, but unfortunately it remains rooted in the mythology of the Fall and Original Sin of mythical Genesis. This too must pass as all ancient mythology.

4. Faithofchristian

Ratings:
    +516
    Religion:
    Christian
    Have you any idea or clue as to who it was that committed the original sin. It sure wasn't Adam and Eve either.

5. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,821
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    Regardless of who supposedly committed the Original Sin and caused the Fall, it originated in the mythology of Genesis and in Traditional Christianity over the millennia it was Adam and Eve, It is possible a later day version describes it differently, such as some point in the distant past, but as far as the Roman Church, Orthodox Church, and the major Protestant churches teach it was Adam and Eve. The Fall of humanity based on the first sin by unfortunate fallible humans that carry the original guilt is the foundation of the belief,

6. Faithofchristian

Ratings:
    +516
    Religion:
    Christian
    Nope, the original sin happen way before the book of Genesis was written .and way before mankind came to be.

7. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,821
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    You view is interesting and creative, but it does not reflect the tradition Christian belief of 90%+ of Christians in history.

Needs further explanation.

8. Faithofchristian

Ratings:
    +516
    Religion:
    Christian
    I don't go by the tradition of Christianity, seeing they have no idea or clue themselves. As to who committed the original sin.

You do know that Christ Jesus himself condemn the tradition of man's

But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
    Matthew 15:3.

Matthew 15:7-9
    7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"

This is exactly what Christianity does. Teaching the doctrines and teachings of men

9. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,821
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    It is too difficult to deal with any one of thousands of splinter minority views of a religious belief system regardless of the religion, I have to deal with the reality of the religions as they believe, teach, and live their beliefs in the real contemporary world, and not vague conceptual hypothetical views that do not reflect reality..

#69 shunyadragon, Jul 16, 2018
  10. Faithofchristian

Ratings:
    +516
    Religion:
    Christian
    It's not what Christians believe, it's what Christians are told by their Pastor's, preachers.
    If Christians paid more attention to what Christ Jesus will say, As Christians do with their Pastor's Preachers, they might come to a deeper understanding about what the Bible is actually about.

11. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,821
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    Despite your assertions it is what Christians believe regardless of whether they are taught these beliefs by one of many versions of whatever is taught.and how they learned. These conclusions may result by simply reading the words of Paul.

The problem I face is compounded by your assertions of independently knowing the truth, and all other Christians do not. There are so many splinter claims such as this it is unreasonable to respond coherently to any one over the others.

What is the Bible truly about?!?? Why should I believe you over thousands of conflicting claims to 'know?'

Again . . . I have to deal with the reality of the religions as they believe, teach, and live their beliefs in the real contemporary world, and not vague conceptual hypothetical views that do not reflect reality. I have the same problem with other unrealistic conceptual constructions to dodge reality.

#71 shunyadragon, Jul 16, 2018
  12. Ellen Brown

Ellen Brown Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,897

Epic Beard Man: Judaism came first, I think around 1821 BC at the time of Moses. (Musa to you).

Later at around 30 AD, Christianity started with the death of Jesus the Christ.

Then came Islam around the 7th Century. Lately it seems clear to me that true, the best Islam ended with the death of Muhammad. PBUH

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Faithofchristian

Ratings:
    +516
    Religion:
    Christian

If other Christians paid as much attention to Christ Jesus as they do their Pastor's Preachers they might get some where.

The Bible is actually written to God's elect and the very elect.
    This is the reason people can not put things together in the bible.only God's elect and the very elect will understand the bible

14. PopeADope

PopeADope Habemus papam

Ratings:
    +5,735
    Religion:
    Amish Taliban
    Ellen,
    I doubt you like flattery!

But you sound like the most awesome Muslim EVER!!!
    :hugehug:

Okay, i know you aren't describing yourself as Muslim, but you seem quite infatuated with Muhammad (peace be upon him), and quite Muslim in many ways.

How can you still approve of psychopathic, graphic tortures and disfigurements in the Qur'an??

If Muhammad was such a great guy, or prophet of God, why did he describe graphic tortures, mutilation, and disfigurements for his enemies,( that i would not do to a terrorist who raped and tortured my whole family to death.)

Sure, I want all terrorists dead, quickly put out of their misery, but not tortured and mutilated!

How could Allah want talk of cutting off hands and feet in his "holy book".

Some Muslims act out those sick fantasies!

How can you not say, "THAT'S F***** UP!!!":fearscream:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thief

Thief Rogue Theologian

Ratings:
    +3,246
    I just posted a reminder of an incident.....
    a woman losing her head to a sword......
    wielded by a Muslim believer

the police were there.....but they must have been believers too

want your daughters subject to such things?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. PopeADope

PopeADope Habemus papam

Ratings:
    +5,735
    Religion:
    Amish Taliban
    Honestly, Im okay losing my head to a sword.

That is kind compared to what Muslims sometimes do to people, and kind compared to what tortures and disfigurements Muhammad wrote about in the Qur'an!

17. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,821
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    Did not respond to the problem.

Do you consider yourself the only and very elect?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,821
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    According to the Bible Judaism is older than Moses. Moses came along to set thing right and restore God's law and absolute Monotheism.

Traditional Christianity today should listen to Moses, and ditch their Tritheism, incarnate God, and ditch the statues and idols.

19. Ellen Brown

Ellen Brown Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,897

Having survived reading Shakespeare, I find the KJV of the Bible to be simple and have been reading it for more than 40 years. Anyone who tells me that I can not understand the Bible has got trouble on their hands. Jesus said himself that believers are his Brothers (and Sisters), what more do you want?

• Like Like x 1
  20. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,821
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    Like Christianity in the Crusades?
    , , , or I might jog your memory of more atrocities by Christians against those who believe differently even between different churches like in Ireland. There are no angels among fallible humans.

• Like Like x 1