• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is this world out of control?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Here is why the world is out of control. Unlike God, our universe and the people living in it have limitations. Because people have limitations, they have needs and desires. People's needs and desires cause evil when people try to get their needs and desires fulfilled. This is a simply equation. There's no need to come up with supernatural forces fiddling about with our sub-conscious minds so we act outside of our normal control.

If you want to eliminate evil from the world, then come up with and economic system were people are capable of getting all their needs met without excessive amounts of poverty which causes crimes. I'm kind of fond of supplemental income to people paying payroll taxes as a way of ensuring consumers have enough money to keep the economy vibrant and sufficient in getting people's needs met. Supplemental income would be paid by taxing people and companies who benefit from consumption. The problem we have in the world is automation is making work so menial it pays very low wages. At some point, company's will have total automation and at thoat point there will be no need for any workers! But workers are consumers. And if there are no consumers the economy will collapse. So there has to be some kind of supplemental income at some point because of automation will eventually destroy the economy.

Also a flawed education system that teaches people to be cogs.

Wandering Monk

So, I have to ask: IS this world out of control? What metrics are you using? Do you have data to justify your conclusion using those metrics?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
But whoever wrote that the serpent is Satan is lying. He’s not.

John wrote. John wrote at Revelation 12:9 that Satan is that original serpent .
A literal serpent can't deceive - 2 Corinthians 11:3
Thus, Satan was the behind-the-scenes Puppet Master pulling the strings.
Sinner Satan used the serpent as a ventriloquist uses his dummy.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Sounds like God has no real idea how to fix this.
Sure, in the past God used the political as His arm of law when the Roman armies destroyed un-faithful Jerusalem.
So, it should come as No surprise when the political/military goes up against the corrupted religious world.
God's fix, so to speak, is found at Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15 when the 'sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth' along with angelic armies will rid the world of the wicked.

Wandering Monk

Sure, in the past God used the political as His arm of law when the Roman armies destroyed un-faithful Jerusalem.
So, it should come as No surprise when the political/military goes up against the corrupted religious world.
God's fix, so to speak, is found at Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15 when the 'sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth' along with angelic armies will rid the world of the wicked.

Either that or s**t just happens. Apply Occam's Razor once in a while.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
To repeat what I have already said? Um... Why?
Nothing I said has changed. You want me to change it? Why?
Is it because you think you get to decide right and wrong?
When you can demonstrate that, then maybe we'll get somewhere.
Right now, the only reason I can see for you wanting a repeat, is to aid you in comforting yourself.
Nobody is asking you to change anything.

What I'm asking you to do, is respond to my points. You know, like, a General Religious Debate, like the title of the forum we're in.

For instance, you keep saying I don't know how decide what is right or wrong, despite the fact that I just explained to you how that can be done without the needs for God, and in a more moral way where cussing isn't the equivalent of owning a person as property. Because they aren't equivalent.

For example,
I say A. You say I am making excuses.
I say B. You say I am immoral.
Well what do I do now? Say C? Why? So that you can say. "Your moral compass is disgusting."?

Boy, you really have a habit of completely misrepresenting a discussion. When did this conversation happen?

I've explained how and why I think slavery is immoral. You have no response other than to attempt to brush me off, as you're doing again here.

All I see is you comforting yourself into believing that you are so much more moral than this disgustingly immoral person, and any who are not so moral like you.
Stroking the ego, we describe it as. So yeah. Comforting yourself is what you want to do here.
And I see you saying and doing anything to avoid actually engaging in the discussion at hand.

You said you think owning human beings as property is not immoral. I say it's immoral. I've explained why. I've explained why I think your view of it is immoral.
And what you do you? Do you address those arguments? Nope. You dismiss me as stroking my ego and comforting myself. Well that's great and all and maybe makes you feel better, but it doesn't do anything to address the arguments.

Nothing I say will get you off that song... "Oh. You are so disgustingly immoral, and I am so morally upright. Your moral compass is so off track. My moral compass is on track."
How do you know? You haven't even bothered trying. Instead, I get some lame attempt at psychoanalysis.

I said a lot more than that, by the way.
Well. What more can I say, other than... Sing it baby. :)
Why would I want to waste time listening to you sing the same tune at everything I say?
Like I got nothing better to do. :)
Oh I will. Every time I hear someone having to defend the OWNING OF HUMAN BEINGS AS PROPERTY as a morally right action because some invisible deity supposedly said so in some old book.

I do have to ask at this point, why are you even on discussion forums at all, if this is just so much for you and such a huge waste of your time? My goodness, thank you so much for gracing us with your presence, Your Highness. I'm on bended knee asking you to actually respond to my arguments on a debate forum.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Nobody is asking you to change anything.

What I'm asking you to do, is respond to my points. You know, like, a General Religious Debate, like the title of the forum we're in.

I've explained how and why I think slavery is immoral. You have no response other than to attempt to brush me off, as you're doing again here.

And I see you saying and doing anything to avoid actually engaging in the discussion at hand.

You said you think owning human beings as property is not immoral. I say it's immoral. I've explained why. I've explained why I think your view of it is immoral.
And what you do you? Do you address those arguments? Nope.
You dismiss me as stroking my ego and comforting myself. Well that's great and all and maybe makes you feel better, but it doesn't do anything to address the arguments.

How do you know? You haven't even bothered trying. Instead, I get some lame attempt at psychoanalysis.
Well that just says it all, doesn't it. I rest my case.
If I have not addressed your points, it just shows how much you are paying attention, doesn't it.
Perhaps that's because the only thing yo have been hearing is yourself saying, "It's immoral to own people as property."

...and yes. You are asking me to either repeat myself, or change what I have already said.
It's there in red.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Well that just says it all, doesn't it. I rest my case.
If I have not addressed your points, it just shows how much you are paying attention, doesn't it.
Perhaps that's because the only thing yo have been hearing is yourself saying, "It's immoral to own people as property."

You haven't made a case.
You didn't address my points.
So, when someone makes points that aren't address or refuted, those points stand.

Also some advice, maybe stop telling people what they're thinking or what their motivations are. You couldn't possibly know and your beliefs on that are obviously tainting your view.
...and yes. You are asking me to either repeat myself, or change what I have already said.
It's there in red.
Uh yeah, the parts you turned red, perfectly highlight my point about your not addressing my points.
So thanks, I guess.

nPeace

Veteran Member
You haven't made a case.
You didn't address my points.
So, when someone makes points that aren't address or refuted, those points stand.

Also some advice, maybe stop telling people what they're thinking or what their motivations are. You couldn't possibly know and your beliefs on that are obviously tainting your view.

Uh yeah, the parts you turned red, perfectly highlight my point about your not addressing my points.
So thanks, I guess.
Quote Sorry but I'm not interested in apologetics that attempt to downplay the owning of human beings Unquote
Thank you.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Yeah, I've heard them all before and they're nonsensical.
:shrug:

So I guess you're saying that's all you have then? Lousy apologetics we've all heard a million times that are used to defend the most heinous of actions.
What I was looking for was an honest discussion between two people, using their own minds, rather than just posting some massive cut and paste jobs that somebody else wrote in some attempt to make the immorality found in the Bible make some kind of sense. But if all you have are lousy apologetics, then I get why you're bowing out.

Revelation 21:4

Hello everyone! Interesting perspectives! Thank you for your patience and feedback. I’ll keep it short and simple.

We know that Satan is the resister of Jehovah and also known as the Devil, because he is the foremost slanderer of God. You may ask, “ Why did not God destroy Satan promptly after he rebelled?

Serious issues were raised by Satan:
The righteousness and rightfulness of Jehovah’s sovereignty was challenged.
By the deflection of Adam and Eve could the issues be resolved and settled by merely executing the rebels?
So that these issues would never again disrupt the peace and
well-being of the universe, Jehovah has allowed ample of time for them to be settled beyond all doubt.
In due time Adam and Eve died following disobedience to God became evident.

More was at issue. God permitted Satan and humans to try every form of government of their own making. As we know from history that none have brought lasting happiness, permanent health, economic stability, …. .

Has God’s purpose for the earth and mankind changed? Not at all!
For the earth: Ecclesiastes 4:1 “ The earth remains forever.”

For mankind: Psalm 37:29 “ The righteous will possess the
earth, and they will live forever on it.”

Revelation 21:4 “ He will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more,
neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed
away.

Isaiah 35:5, 6. “ At that time the eyes of the blind will be opened, and the ears of the deaf will
be unstopped. At that time the lame will leap like the deer, and the tongue of the
speechless will shout for joy. For waters will burst forth in the wilderness, and streams
in the desert plain.

Isaiah 65:21, 22. “ They will build houses and live in them, and they will plant vineyards and
eat their fruitage. They will not build for someone else to inhabit, nor will they plant for
others to eat. For the days of my people will be like the days of a tree, and the work of
their hands my chosen ones will enjoy to the full.”

This is the hope that I believe in and I am convinced that the above scriptures will be fulfilled in the future. It will not be late!

Thank you for your time! Talk to you later.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Why is this world out of control? Have you ever wondered what could be the reason for all the problems we’re experiencing? Pollution, health, the economy, the weather, …. just to name a few.

You may say that humans are to blame. To a degree, I agree. Do you believe that someone could, or is promoting chaos, from behind the scenes? I believe so!

Who controls this world? Many may say that it is God. Which God are we talking about? Is it the God who created everything, false gods or is it the one who really controls this world? This is what I believe.

1 John 5:19 states in the New World Translation
… , but the whole world is lying in [power of the] wicked one.

Who is the wicked one? Please picture what Revelation 12:7-9 describes in the New World Translation.

And war broke out in heaven: Michael (Jesus) and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called DEVIL and SATAN, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

The real trouble maker is exposed.
The world has always been out of control. There have always been wars -- in fact, wars were more common in the past than now. There were always natural disasters, floods, famines, earthquakes, tornados... And mankind has always treated others badly. Indeed, think of the things we actually prosecute today that in the past were taken for granted -- slavery, domestic violence, child rape. So yeah, things are bad now, but I think they are a little bit better than they used to be. We evolve, but painfully slowly.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
So yeah, things are bad now, but I think they are a little bit better than they used to be. We evolve, but painfully slowly.
I fully agree, and all so often people fall into the "woe is me/us" trap whereas they think we got it the worst. Looking over the long haul of history, that certainly isn't the case.

However, with that being said, we shouldn't take refuge in this position and think we got it made in the shade. Here in the States, we got some major issues to address.

Humans following their senses, greed etc

Attachment to the ego instead of Divine

These stories are figuratively, and useful to educate people in the 'real' world.

Sadly many don't pick up the lesson and instead rather blame others like DEVIL and SATAN.

Pointing fingers is of course easier than taking responsibility, but won't help solving our problems

This is my belief:
As a Christian I am accountable for every decision I make. I try my best to live up to Jehovah’s standards. Matthew 22:37-40a.

You are right! Pointing fingers is easier, which I did not do; I simply gave the source who started mankind’s problems.

Sadly people claim that the Bible (God’s word) is outdated, that it is too restrictive, …. for their life style, … and simply ignore it, dismiss it, or want nothing to do with God’s laws, standards and principles.

A study of the Bible would reveal the benefits, but instead God’s standards, laws and principles are being shoved to the side and lied about.

If people would apply God’s standards for Christians, this world would be better off. Ecclesiastes 11:9
Matthew 5:21, 22
And what about the 10 commandments in Exodus 20:2-17

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
This is my belief:
As a Christian I am accountable for every decision I make. I try my best to live up to Jehovah’s standards. Matthew 22:37-40a.
Thank you for sharing and elaborating
I fully agree with these two (accountable + live up to)

Sadly people claim that the Bible (God’s word) is outdated, that it is too restrictive, …. for their life style, … and simply ignore it, dismiss it, or want nothing to do with God’s laws, standards and principles
They failed to get the valuable lessons

My experience:
Bible (any Scripture; God's Word) is a perfect guide, and is timeless

A study of the Bible would reveal the benefits, but instead God’s standards, laws and principles are being shoved to the side and lied about
True

I never belittle God's Word (any Scripture) nor belittle God. Every second I live is by God's Grace alone.

Follow God is my only Goal, and the best way to spend my time on earth, given by God

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
You are right! Pointing fingers is easier, which I did not do; I simply gave the source who started mankind’s problems.
Thank you for elaborating

My view:
Attachment to the world (desires) is the source of mankind's problems.
Attachment to God will solve them