• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is this world out of control?

Revelation 21:4

Revelation 21:4
Why is this world out of control? Have you ever wondered what could be the reason for all the problems we’re experiencing? Pollution, health, the economy, the weather, …. just to name a few.

You may say that humans are to blame. To a degree, I agree. Do you believe that someone could, or is promoting chaos, from behind the scenes? I believe so!

Who controls this world? Many may say that it is God. Which God are we talking about? Is it the God who created everything, false gods or is it the one who really controls this world? This is what I believe.

1 John 5:19 states in the New World Translation
… , but the whole world is lying in [power of the] wicked one.

Who is the wicked one? Please picture what Revelation 12:7-9 describes in the New World Translation.

And war broke out in heaven: Michael (Jesus) and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called DEVIL and SATAN, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

The real trouble maker is exposed.

Viker

Häxan
Who controls this world? Many may say that it is God. Which God are we talking about? Is it the God who created everything, false gods or is it the one who really controls this world?
What constitutes a true/false god? What are some examples?
The biblical "real trouble maker" would be the one who made the world, planned out everything and is in control of it all. Unless there is at least one other powerful being sharing in creation and planning? The biblical antagonist you describe just seems to be doing what they were always destined to do... another piece on a chess board. Or is there more to this story? Another separate figure behind the myth?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Humans following their senses, greed etc

Have you ever wondered what could be the reason for all the problems we’re experiencing?
Attachment to the ego instead of Divine

So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called DEVIL and SATAN, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

These stories are figuratively, and useful to educate people in the 'real' world.

Sadly many don't pick up the lesson and instead rather blame others like DEVIL and SATAN.

Pointing fingers is of course easier than taking responsibility, but won't help solving our problems

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Since my understanding is that we're living in what some call the end times, what is going on fits the picture. Birth is a traumatic process with struggle and pain.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Why is this world out of control? Have you ever wondered what could be the reason for all the problems we’re experiencing? Pollution, health, the economy, the weather, …. just to name a few.

You may say that humans are to blame. To a degree, I agree. Do you believe that someone could, or is promoting chaos, from behind the scenes? I believe so!

Who controls this world? Many may say that it is God. Which God are we talking about? Is it the God who created everything, false gods or is it the one who really controls this world? This is what I believe.

Who is the wicked one? Please picture what Revelation 12:7-9 describes in the New World Translation.

And war broke out in heaven: Michael (Jesus) and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called DEVIL and SATAN, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.

I think the world has already and always been this way. Minus the religious stuff that some like to include.

nPeace

Veteran Member

Seems clear enough, when one thinks about it.
Raping a child does not seem very human driven to me, and I don't remember it being mentioned as a prevalent historical practice.

Aside from that the changing attitudes during the past few centuries, which even non believers lament on, gives clear evidence that there is a spirit operating on mankind... like a poison in the air, which they are breathing.

It looks like John, at Revelation 12:7-12 wrote the news we are reading today.
I've got my mask on. ;)

S_Gear_Headgear_Gas_Mask.png

danieldemol

Premium Member
Because of humans acting out their self interests and because of overpopulation.

Have you ever wondered what could be the reason for all the problems we’re experiencing? Pollution,
Overpopulation

People not listening to the advice of doctors.

the economy,
Putins war is responsible for inflationary pressures on the economy

the weather,
That would be people (overpopulating) and not listening to climate scientists warnings.

Do you believe that someone could, or is promoting chaos, from behind the scenes?
That would be an unnecessary additional assumption.
Are you familiar with Occam's razor?

Occam's razor - Wikipedia

In my opinion.

Ella S.

Dispassionate Goth
I think there are more nuanced reasons for each of these issues than simply a man vs. God vs Satan trichotomy.

If you want to simplify it to a single explanation, that explanation is that the world wasn't designed with us in mind. We evolved to fit the world around us, not the other way around, and we did so imperfectly through a lengthy process of organic trial-and-error.

One can do whatever they want if they have enough power and misfortune or natural disaster can always take that power away in a moment. To the ancients, this chaos was terrifying, and their apophenia lead to them creating a number of spirits and gods in an attempt to make sense of it all.

Now we understand better; the universe operates according to natural laws that operate regardless of whether it would benefit us to suspend or distort them. There are no malevolent spirits or wrathful gods punishing us. It's just nature.

Brian2

Veteran Member
These things are predicted but many people don't listen and don't realise the water is getting hotter until it is too late.
Nevertheless it could be a while before things get really bad in the world and no doubt it all has something to do with human greed etc.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Well, firstly, the world isn't out of control - whatever that means - but what we do have are problems associated with success, as to our species growing to be so large, given that we have grown to be the size that now exists - 8 billion as recently remarked. And of course, our development as to knowledge obtained along the way. When we were smaller in numbers, and existing in an environment much more hostile to ourselves, we seemingly managed to exist effectively in small groups and where decisions were taken so as to ensure our survival. And hence we managed to grow in numbers.

Unfortunately, as we have grown through the various stages of growth, we have lost the effective means to make good decisions all of the time, with much no doubt being due to the complexities of life now - plus the frictions and hostilities between the various groupings have probably made this worse. So, the problems mostly are of our own making (larger populations and less say in decisions), and we haven't yet come up with the best options to deal with the problems we ourselves have created - if we ever will.

Perhaps religion of one sort or another will provide such a means, but going on past histories, many of us are very doubtful of this - given they have provided so much friction and division in the past. But what might be the answers is anyone's business - given we are unlikely to take such until some great catastrophe befalls us first - which is my view - and even if such (the Endtimes and all that) might correspond with some particular religious belief, this is merely coincidence.

PS. For myself, I see greed, and selfishness, as being inherent in the need to survive and prosper, and which most lifeforms tend to have, so I doubt that this is the overall cause of human misery, but this might be a major component.

Edited.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

" Revelation 21:4, 12:7-9 "

" Revelation 21:4, 12:7-9 " are not at all from (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, one gets to know please, right?:

Holy Bible King James Version (Red Letter Edition)
The Roman Catholic Holy Bible with the words of Jesus in red.
World Messianic Bible

Right?

Regards

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Bigotry, greed, and willful ignorance.

1 John 5:19 states ...
H. L. Mencken states ...

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.​

The notable difference between '1 John' and Mencken is that (a) we actually know who wrote the Mencken quote, and (b) his comments tended to be pithy observations rather than apologetic nonsense.

nPeace

Veteran Member
These things are predicted but many people don't listen and don't realise the water is getting hotter until it is too late.
Nevertheless it could be a while before things get really bad in the world and no doubt it all has something to do with human greed etc.
They do realize the water is getting hotter. I mean, consider Global Warming. :D
However, they ignore this.
(Luke 17:26-30) 26 Moreover, just as it occurred in the days of Noah, so it will be in the days of the Son of man: 27 they were eating, they were drinking, men were marrying, women were being given in marriage until that day when Noah entered into the ark, and the Flood came and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise, just as it occurred in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building. 29 But on the day that Lot went out of Sodom, it rained fire and sulfur from heaven and destroyed them all. 30 It will be the same on that day when the Son of man is revealed.

The people back then could clearly see the changes, but they ignored what was clear.
That's common among unbelievers, isn't it.

PureX

Veteran Member
The world has always been out of (our) control. We're just seeing is more often and clearly, now, thanks to technology.

The question is how are we going to respond now that we can see how screwed up we really are? I'm trying to be hopeful, but it's not looking good.

nPeace

Veteran Member
(2 Peter 3:3-4) 3 First of all know this, that in the last days ridiculers will come with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep in death, all things are continuing exactly as they were from creation’s beginning.”