• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is this board so obsessed with restrooms?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
You literally have no idea if I’m representative of the general population.
Ok, not what I said. I said that the sample size of women who have responded to these thread is too small to be meaningful.

As far as this topic goes, you are a single data point. Your opinion might or might not be in line with the general population.

But you’re a classic representation of men presuming they can speak for me.

I'm talking about statistics, get over yourself.

Also, you’ve talked to dozens of women about bath rooms? That’s interesting.

Oh my goodness, do you want me to be well informed or not? Heaven forbid anyone actually collect data!

anna.

but mostly it's the same
The last part cracked me up. Ok, ok, it doesn't take a lot...

Edit: What is hilarious is I misread your post and originally thought it said, "you’ve talked to dozens of women IN bath rooms?"

Getting old is such fun.

:)

anna.

but mostly it's the same
Ok, not what I said. I said that the sample size of women who have responded to these thread is too small to be meaningful.

Here's exactly what you said:

I do not think the cis-women who have been in these conversations are representative of the general population.

As I've said several times, and you've ignored, is that I've talked - in person - to several dozen women, and they mostly agree with me. But really, your sample set and mine are both too small.

And I quoted you... exactly.

As far as this topic goes, you are a single data point. Your opinion might or might not be in line with the general population.

Again, that's not what you said.

I'm talking about statistics, get over yourself.

Touched a nerve?

Oh my goodness, do you want me to be well informed or not? Heaven forbid anyone actually collect data!

I think I did touch a nerve. ;)

icehorse

Premium Member
@anna. you're making distinctions without a difference.

I have an intuition that you're not representative, but your sample size is too small and my sample size is too small for either of us to know conclusively.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Yall do know cis men have been in women's domestic violent shelters for years and nobody has complained? Where do yall guys think men who are victims of domestic violence shelters go?

icehorse

Premium Member
@anna. - For the sake of discussion, let's say that you're correct, and 70% of women don't care.

That would leave 30% who do care. The 30% far outweigh the .01% (or whatever small number it is) who you're advocating for.

Not only that, it's not at all clear that the people responding to such a poll are being rational. If you've never been assaulted, your concern about assault will be less than for someone who has been. So again, it goes back to statistics, how many women are assaulted by men. It's a large, very sad number.

icehorse

Premium Member
Yall do know cis men have been in women's domestic violent shelters for years and nobody has complained? Where do yall guys think men who are victims of domestic violence shelters go?

Zooming way out, once again, proving that a thing doesn't exist or hasn't happened is almost impossible, No one has complained? Really? they keep stats on that? wow!!

VoidCat

Zooming way out, once again, proving that a thing doesn't exist or hasn't happened is almost impossible, No one has complained? Really? they keep stats on that? wow!!
Its cuz there are not many domestic shelters for men. Its been that way for decades. Domestic shelters for women are not usually just for women but folk assume they are only for women. Its not a big deal. It shouldnt be anyway cuz there hasnt been any harm for male victims to go to womens shelters in most cases

VoidCat

Its cuz there are not many domestic shelters for men. Its been that way for decades. Domestic shelters for women are not usually just for women but folk assume they are only for women. Its not a big deal. It shouldnt be anyway cuz there hasnt been any harm for male victims to go to womens shelters in most cases
Maybe im wrong on the domestic violence thing tho I forgot where i heard that info from and cant find any sources on it. If anyone else can let me know.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
@anna. - For the sake of discussion, let's say that you're correct, and 70% of women don't care.

That would leave 30% who do care. The 30% far outweigh the .01% (or whatever small number it is) who you're advocating for.

Not only that, it's not at all clear that the people responding to such a poll are being rational. If you've never been assaulted, your concern about assault will be less than for someone who has been. So again, it goes back to statistics, how many women are assaulted by men. It's a large, very sad number.
The 70% don't matter? Amd your definition of those who are speaking rationally isn't itseof a rational statement.
Also you keep focusing on men. We're talking about trans women.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This might explain the low quality of our dialog. I'm not concerned with trans women being any more violent than anyone else.
It's more with your things like trying to speaking for women while ignoring what women here are telling you. You cannot be interested in or concerned with protecting women if you won't listen to them.

icehorse

Premium Member
It's more with your things like trying to speaking for women while ignoring what women here are telling you. You cannot be interested in or concerned with protecting women if you won't listen to them.

I'll say it again.. I've heard from a handful of women on RF. I've talked to many more than that in person.

So once again, your mind reading skills are weak at best.

And once again - perhaps because your arguments are weak? - you devolve to personal attacks, sigh.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'll say it again.. I've heard from a handful of women on RF. I've talked to many more than that in person.

So once again, your mind reading skills are weak at best.

And once again - perhaps because your arguments are weak? - you devolve to personal attacks, sigh.
Is this how you try to save face after being called out on speaking for people and not listening and dismissing anything that disagrees while trying to say it agrees?
Does your brain ever cramp up over mental stretches?

icehorse

Premium Member
Is this how you try to save face after being called out on speaking for people and not listening and dismissing anything that disagrees while trying to say it agrees?
Does your brain ever cramp up over mental stretches?
wait, what???????

(fwiw, i've heard what you've said, it's simply that, get ready for it... I disagree! ;) )

Sorry, gotta add this too..

Do you somehow imagine that the opinions of a handful of people that agree with you somehow wins the day? Is this a sort of "lived experience" stance you're taking?

Last edited:

anna.

but mostly it's the same

I see what you did there.

That would leave 30% who do care.

So... you decided on an arbitrary number for numbers you've already said neither of us can speak for. Then, you assign one arbitrary number to the "don't care" group and another to the "do care" group. That's some magical thinking!

It's not at all clear that they aren't rational. Again, how do you even come to such a conclusion?

It goes back to statistics? You mean the numbers you pulled out of a hat?

You, as a man, simply can't speak about women's concerns about assault the same as if you were a woman. You have no idea about what my level of concern is. You have no idea what my lived experiences are. And @Shadow Wolf is right about you speaking for people you don't have the qualifications to speak for.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
wait, what???????

(fwiw, i've heard what you've said, it's simply that, get ready for it... I disagree! ;) )

Sorry, gotta add this too..

Do you somehow imagine that the opinions of a handful of people that agree with you somehow wins the day? Is this a sort of "lived experience" stance you're taking?
That seems to be you the way you dismiss counter claims. Like your 70/30 just to focus on and promote the 30 while ignoring the 70 as if those don't matter.