• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is everyone in the Western World a breast fetishist?

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I don't get it. I mean, boobs are soft and cuddly and all, but they aren't sexual by nature. Yet, breast fetishism has been the norm in the western world for centuries if not longer. This is the same culture that tends to frown upon other fetishes as being "abnormal."
Why is this?

And are most people born with breast fetishism, or do they pick it up from the culture they're raised in?

Last edited:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeh I know, it's weird. I don't know how it became a sexual fascination in modern society. I mean, breasts are feminine and femininity is attractive (unless you are Paul, hehehe) but men have had different fetishes at different times in history. I mean come on, they used to have the same regard for a woman's ankle.

Basically today guys seem to be either boob or arse men. Simple creatures with simple tastes ;)

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I mean come on, they used to have the same regard for a woman's ankle.
Ooh, so foot fetishism is more common than I thought :D. I like feet (as long as they're on beautiful women). I don't get why it's ok to expose your feet, but not your breasts. Feet are just as sexual as breasts are, yet I see women wear flip-flops and sandals all the time... :drool:.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Ooh, so foot fetishism is more common than I thought :D. I like feet (as long as they're on beautiful women). I don't get why it's ok to expose your feet, but not your breasts. Feet are just as sexual as breasts are, yet I see women wear flip-flops and sandals all the time... :drool:.

I do NOT understand foot fetishes. Feet are gross! Well, not mine. But generally speaking ;)

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I do NOT understand foot fetishes. Feet are gross! Well, not mine. But generally speaking
Feet aren't gross unless they've been covered in shoes in socks all day. Uncovered, well-washed feet are one of the most beautiful things in the world...

feet.jpg
mehndi-on-feet.gif.jpeg

:drool:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend TAL,

Why is everyone in the Western World a breast fetishist?

Am sure you can remove the word *western*, as human across the globe are the same.

The human mind anywhere works the same way.

Love & rgds

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Am sure you can remove the word *western*, as human across the globe are the same.
Actually, breast fetishism is a distinctly part of western culture. For example, there's some evidence that before the British came and dominated India, the sari was worn without the choli (the upper body covering), and women didn't have a problem exposing their breasts.
One point of particular controversy is the history of the choli, or sari blouse, and the petticoat. Some researchers state that these were unknown before the British arrived in India, and that they were introduced to satisfy Victorian ideas of modesty. Previously, women only wore one draped cloth and casually exposed the upper body and breasts. Other historians point to much textual and artistic evidence for various forms of breastband and upper-body shawl.
Sari - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stop teasing us with bras. Then we'll talk.
Er, what?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend TAL,

Whatever you say *men* globally are first attracted to a women's breast.
Be it in India or Korea or anywhere.
Am sure all surveys will prove that.
Love & rgds

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
If I remember right, one of the theories as to why women have breasts in the first place is as a mate attractant. Apparently, not much of a breast is needed for producing sufficient milk.

I've also heard that during pregnancy, certain feminine features are emphasized in a way that compels the male to stay with the female, one of those being fuller breasts.

Breasts are certainly a tell-tale sign of a biological readiness to mate in humans. And, as previously stated, they are an obvious sign of femininity.

Keeping them locked behind closed doors certainly doesn't help! ;)

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting though, Guitar, that human females have very unique breats. You don't see other animals with our voluptuousness (except cows arguably). It's odd that only humans evolved for this reason. I don't think that indigenous societies have been very attracted to breasts the way we are now. They are constantly exposed in these tribes and communities. Some men don't even care much for breasts. Like I said, breast or bum.
Once upon a time, it was considered unattractive for women to show that they had breasts. Their clothing was designed to flatten their breasts as much as possible. That was probably when ankles were scandelous.
I think it is largely cultural to be honest.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Interesting though, Guitar, that human females have very unique breats. You don't see other animals with our voluptuousness (except cows arguably). It's odd that only humans evolved for this reason. I don't think that indigenous societies have been very attracted to breasts the way we are now. They are constantly exposed in these tribes and communities. Some men don't even care much for breasts. Like I said, breast or bum.
Once upon a time, it was considered unattractive for women to show that they had breasts. Their clothing was designed to flatten their breasts as much as possible. That was probably when ankles were scandelous.
I think it is largely cultural to be honest.

That would be part of the point; why develop them if they are not needed to produce milk?

Like any trait, each species has its own sexual attractants. And I would also suggest that there is a cultural influence, but that the basis is in the femininity and suggestion of reproductive capabilities (breast development suggesting the reaching of puberty).

But, all-in-all, like everything else involving human sexuality, it's a complex trait. :)

S-word

I don't get it. I mean, boobs are soft and cuddly and all, but they aren't sexual by nature. Yet, breast fetishism has been the norm in the western world for centuries if not longer. This is the same culture that tends to frown upon other fetishes as being "abnormal."
Why is this?

And are most people born with breast fetishism, or do they pick it up from the culture they're raised in?

Said old father Clancy to Micky Spilane
You bin fightin young man and been beaten again
------------------------------------------------
Oi dat I have father, but here is the fact
Shaun Oshanacy flattened me wit a bat
-------------------------------------------------
A bat you say, well now young man
Were you holding nothin yourself in your hand?
-------------------------------------------------------
Oi, dat I was father and twas sometin real grand
I was holding Shauns girlfriends breast in me hand
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ahh, tis a fine ting to hold in your hand alright
But it's too bluddy soft to be used in a fight.... By Sword

Draka

Wonder Woman
I've always wondered what the big deal is about breasts. Shoot, some men have even larger ones than me, but it's not like you find women going all ga-ga for man-boobies. In fact, I'm sure I speak for the vast majority by saying that if we have to cover ours, you should cover yours, and we would rather you do cover yours up. I can't think of anyone that actually wants to see their 350lb neighbor guy out riding his lawn mower topless. However, if he gets to mow his yard topless, then so should I. Dang, they're just boobs. Lumps of fat on the chest. Feeding apparatuses. Back pain causers. Floatation devices. Reasons we have to spend money on over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders.

I don't know who decided that breasts were a sexual thing, but somehow, someone along the way did, and they near had to be Christian. If you notice, more secular or religiously variable countries don't have as much a hang-up on breasts, or the bare human body period. Why is it such a big thing in western society? Because, unfortunately, Christianity has had such a large influence over what's "right and wrong" in western society. If we were more atheist or pagan in influence I don't think we'd have so many weird hang-ups, or perversions for that matter, in today's western society.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Why is this?

I'm not sure where you live be we in the west see more boob on Europe TV than in our own country. There are countries over the seas where sex and drugs are viewed completely different here in the west. I'm not pointing a finger stating right or wrong.....

On the other hand maybe sexuality in this country is somewhat repressed and other countries are more liberal in their view....

Morse

To Extinguish
I'm not sure where you live be we in the west see more boob on Europe TV than in our own country. There are countries over the seas where sex and drugs are viewed completely different here in the west. I'm not pointing a finger stating right or wrong.....

On the other hand maybe sexuality in this country is somewhat repressed and other countries are more liberal in their view....

Europe is the original west.

West is a term usually given to the Americas and Europe.

East is Asia, Oceania

Asia Minor is the Middle East.

Have no clue about Africa, I think that was just Africa.

BUT ANYWAY! West refers to both America and Europe

DarkSun

:eltiT
Europe is the original west.

West is a term usually given to the Americas and Europe.

East is Asia, Oceania

Asia Minor is the Middle East.

Have no clue about Africa, I think that was just Africa.

BUT ANYWAY! West refers to both America and Europe

:slap::slap::slap: