• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is being gay considered wrong?

IndigoChild

nonda said:
The most brilliant mind of our time has proven that fact. You are not born with it because your body dose not reach puberty until a certain stage of every human life. Sigmud Fraud. Read it!!!
Given that babies have been shown to masturbate in the womb, and little kids masturbate and "play doctor" with each other, your statement is rendered false.

Kat

IndigoChild

Kowalski said:
How Bizarre, how do you teach what comes natural and that which is:tsk: unatural ?

K
The argument that "it is not natural" is always completely stupid, because in the first place, there is nothing humans do that doesn't happen in nature somewhere. Secondly, if it wasn't natural, how could it be done? When all of the universe is nature, how can anything be unnatural?

Kat

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A hairless face is "unnatural" in men.

I assume these "natural" advocates are all bearded -- The males anyway?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Seyorni said:
Slightly changing the maternal hormone balance during early pregnancy will reliably produce homosexual sheep.

It's hard to make a "nurture" case for this phenomenon.
oh, i see, so us gay sheep are unnatural phenominons from early in our creation inside the womb because our mothers were hormonally unballanced - how nice of you to say so:eek:

do you have the evidence to support the claim that homosexuality stems from the balance of hormones in early pregnancy? i wasnt aware that there was any such theory, but if there is then please feel free to expand:)

i have not read enough about freud's work on homosexuality to safely evaluate him and still look like i know what im talking about - does anyoen have any web addresses for a simple overview of his work? would really appreciate it

C_P

IndigoChild

Seyorni said:
A hairless face is "unnatural" in men.

I assume these "natural" advocates are all bearded -- The males anyway?
One exception to that: I have yet to see a Native American man who needed to shave. They are naturally beardless, methinks. (I could be wrong, though.)

Kat

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
corrupt_preist said:
oh, i see, so us gay sheep are unnatural phenominons from early in our creation inside the womb because our mothers were hormonally unballanced - how nice of you to say so:eek:

do you have the evidence to support the claim that homosexuality stems from the balance of hormones in early pregnancy? i wasnt aware that there was any such theory, but if there is then please feel free to expand:)

i have not read enough about freud's work on homosexuality to safely evaluate him and still look like i know what im talking about - does anyoen have any web addresses for a simple overview of his work? would really appreciate it

C_P
Extract from the last site :"Freud is essentially prosified Shakespeare: Freud’s vision of human psychology is derived, not altogether unconsciously from his reading of the plays. The founder of psychoanalysis read Shakespeare in English throughout his life and recognized that Shakespeare was the greatest of writers."
An interesting view.........
icon12.gif

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
corrupt_preist said:

C_P
Sorry, Priest. I certainly wasn't trying to insult ewe by implying that your mum was
unbalanced -- :biglaugh:

This gestational phenomenon has been known for a long time. I'm not claiming that 1st trimester hormonal changes are the cause of homosexuality. There could be a thousand causes. I'm just claiming that it's possible to effect adult sexual orientation in utero.

I'll try to find a reference for you.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Seyorni said:
Sorry, Priest. I certainly wasn't trying to insult ewe by implying that your mum was
unbalanced -- :biglaugh:

This gestational phenomenon has been known for a long time. I'm not claiming that 1st trimester hormonal changes are the cause of homosexuality. There could be a thousand causes. I'm just claiming that it's possible to effect adult sexual orientation in utero.

I'll try to find a reference for you.
no appology needed seyorni, my mum isnt the most balanced crayon in the box anyway :biglaugh:

yer i agree it could be a contribution to the cause, but i also dont think homosexuality will ever be fully understood or explained by science

C_P

Fluffy

A fool
yer i agree it could be a contribution to the cause, but i also dont think homosexuality will ever be fully understood or explained by science
I have to admit that I do find such a belief slightly odd. Science is racing forward faster during this time than at any previous period in history. Do you not think there is a high chance, as we understand more and more about the brain, mind and genes, that we will understand sexuality and relatively soon?

N

nonda

IndigoChild said:
Given that babies have been shown to masturbate in the womb, and little kids masturbate and "play doctor" with each other, your statement is rendered false.

Kat
And so is yours you have no proof of this, and might I say a little crude!

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
nonda said:
And so is yours you have no proof of this, and might I say a little crude!
It is regrettable you find the facts of life crude.

From the University of Michigan's website:

"How do children learn about masturbation? No one has to teach a child to explore his or her genitals. It provides a feeling of pleasure, that once discovered, the child will most likely repeat. There have even been studies of prenatal ultrasounds revealing male fetuses doing it.

Most often, however, boys find their penises accidentally, possibly during a diaper change around six to seven months of age and become curious (not unlike their fascination with other parts of their bodies, such as fingers, toes, ears, etc.)."

enton

Is not "gay" means "happy"? But if "gay" is understood to be"homosexuals", then why bother these homosexuals? Unless of course if they are breaking the laws of the land and the laws of God in the Bible, then they`re being gay is not right anymore.

Ceridwen018

Unless of course if they are breaking the laws of the land and the laws of God in the Bible, then they`re being gay is not right anymore.
Actually, although it against God in the Bible, being gay is still allowed in this country because we are not a theocracy and never have been. As for the laws against it, their days are numbered.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
enton said:
Is not "gay" means "happy"? But if "gay" is understood to be"homosexuals", then why bother these homosexuals? Unless of course if they are breaking the laws of the land and the laws of God in the Bible, then they`re being gay is not right anymore.
As a worshipper of the land itself, I'm very happy to report that it doesn't have any laws against such things. Only man would be so silly.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Ceridwen018 said:
Actually, although it against God in the Bible, being gay is still allowed in this country because we are not a theocracy and never have been. As for the laws against it, their days are numbered.
From:- http://www.catholic.com/library/Homosexuality.asp

..............."Homosexual desires, however, are not in themselves sinful. People are subject to a wide variety of sinful desires over which they have little direct control, but these do not become sinful until a person acts upon them, either by acting out the desire or by encouraging the desire and deliberately engaging in fantasies about acting it out. People tempted by homosexual desires, like people tempted by improper heterosexual desires, are not sinning until they act upon those desires in some manner".......... (Extract)
Which basically means that if someone is homosexual, as long as they are celibate, they are not sinning..........Which, though it sounds hard, is what the Catholic church dictates.

As far as I am concerned, I cannot understand how God would expect such demands from 'one of his children' - it seems like a dreadful cross to bear.:(

Ulver

michel said:
Which basically means that if someone is homosexual, as long as they are celibate, they are not sinning..........Which, though it sounds hard, is what the Catholic church dictates.

As far as I am concerned, I cannot understand how God would expect such demands from 'one of his children' - it seems like a dreadful cross to bear.:(

well, of course... what person is going to care about the burden of another if they think that burden of the other keeps their own life more simple. People want to be sheep.

np: The Germs- Not All Right

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I would like to ask for one legitimate legal argument against Homosexuality.

Please note the words LEGAL and LEGITIMATE.