• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't some people like being created?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
LOL

Well I don't have to play word games, you have pratically admitted that humans are special in one of your first posts. I will call that a success because that is as far as I believe I will get on this subject.
I didn't "practically" admit that humans are special; I explicitly stated it.

I also think that diamonds and pitcher plants are special, but I'm not about to consider either of them in charge of the planet.

I was just responding to an atheists who wrote that. That was his definition of the ToE.
Which atheist?

Either you received a bad explanation of evolution or you're misinterpreting what he said. The theory of evolution doesn't say what you claim it does.

MSizer

MSizer
I never said that it counters the ToE I said that it could show the ToE could be false. The ToE says a lot of things without any science to back it up, such as "allowing us to grasp concepts as time and morality". What allows us to do that in the ToE? Something scientific? Without a specific scientific phenomenon then there is nothing that allows us to understand time and morality. And that is where it differs from a special creation where the creator could have created us with that understanding.

You sure are good at twisting words. I can conclude nothing rational except that you are aware if it and do it intentionally.

I'm not going to bother acknowledging your shameful dishonest tactics. If you're not above lying, I'm not above ignoring you.

MSizer

MSizer
The evidence that we are apes is in our uncanny resemblance to other ape species.

msizer-albums-w-o-picture1858-bananaman.jpg

Kerr

I like it, the idea of my family being a special creation thousands of years ago, and being related to every other living human on the planet.

Why don't some people like this concept?
I don´t base my self esteem on what we are in relation to others :p. Meaning that I as much as it feels good to believe that I am the result of something very special on a purely emotional plane and not counting any context (some contexts I am not sure I like at all), I am not sure I care that much if I am. It does not change who I am if I am if humanity comes from special creation or not. So I guess I am saying that while I don´t dislike the concept, I am not sure I care.

And I don´t just believe in something because I like the idea or concept of it.

Last edited:

Commoner

Headache
I like it, the idea of my family being a special creation thousands of years ago, and being related to every other living human on the planet.

Generally, I dislike ideas that are false. That's numero uno.

But I also find the idea of being a "special" part in a divine plan to be incredibly egocentric and arrogant.

So, to summarize: false and distasteful.

dust1n

Zindīq
Human's are so 'special', because the extra room created in the growth of the cranium allowed more brain mass to develop. As more brain massed developed, the ability to process information at a quick speed developed. After you can process so much information, it can be useful because the individual can rely on something other than hormones and chemicals to make decisions, which will also give the advantage of 'out-thinking' predators, etc. Eventually, you process information so much quicker than needed for survival, you ponder things unrelated to it. So very 'special'.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

It's not so much a question of "liking" so much as a question of credibility.

Since there's no real evidence for what you speak of (except for being related to every other living human on the planet), I can neither like nor dislike the concept.

EDIT: When I was first studying Hinduism, I really liked the mythology of the Yugas: that human beings have been around for the entire lifetime of earth, directly children of God, and were, at one time, far better than we are now. (...that actually sounds familiar.) At one point, I almost believed it.

But then, my reason kicked in, and I realized that there was no evidence for this mythology, so I am forced to deny its historicity.

Last edited:

ragordon168

technically you are a special creation, by your parents. there is nothing to suggest a 'god' specially made humans out of the millions+ species that have existed through time, at best you could claim guided evolution but its shaky.

as for the being related to the entire human population. if you do the maths - two parents, four grandparents, etc. by the time you track back to the middle ages you will have 80 billion ancestors meaning statistically you are related to every one who has lived to date.

Commoner

Headache
as for the being related to the entire human population. if you do the maths - two parents, four grandparents, etc. by the time you track back to the middle ages you will have 80 billion ancestors meaning statistically you are related to every one who has lived to date.

Three types of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics. :p

Baydwin

It's not that others don't like the idea of being special or created; it's that there's no reason to believe we were created by a god.
I honestly don't like it, I even find it a little offensive. Other than that it gives me the creeps.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
You will have a hard time with this argument with atheists, that humans are special, I've already tried that. No matter what they will not admit that humans are special over all animal life. Because to admit that, they have to admit that evolution could possibly be false.

shr0566l.jpg

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
You will have a hard time with this argument with atheists, that humans are special, I've already tried that. No matter what they will not admit that humans are special over all animal life. Because to admit that, they have to admit that evolution could possibly be false.

Well what atheists will do is say, humans are unique like all other animals are unique. They won't admit that we are special over and above how any other animals are special.

O.K., present your evidence. Only humans are "special," whatever that means. What evidence do you have for this claim. You might want to start by defining "special." Good luck.

Walkntune

O.K., present your evidence. Only humans are "special," whatever that means. What evidence do you have for this claim. You might want to start by defining "special." Good luck.

Well it seems we are the only ones who have made it out in space trying to figure this whole universe thing out???We did send a monkey but it was under our manipulation.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Well it seems we are the only ones who have made it out in space trying to figure this whole universe thing out???We did send a monkey but it was under our manipulation.

So? Other animals don't need to go to space on their own.

gnostic

The Lost One
man of faith said:
Well I kind of like being "in charge" of all other life forms if you will. We aren't alien because we rely on the same water and foods as other life forms, we breathe the same oxygen and walk on the same grasses. And does it matter what we are made of? I mean we are going to die anyway.

Yes, we all will.

But for you want to go on living. You want to live in some sort of paradise when you are resurrected. Right?

Well, I don't want immortality. I don't want to live forever.

Why do you want to live forever? To be with God? To worship him every single second of my immortal life?

I couldn't imagine a more boring thing to do in heaven. That would not be heaven for me. There's more to life singing praise to God, kneeling and bowing at his feet. It is a life without purpose. It would be no better than worshipping the Devil. BORING!!!