• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Does Trump Refuse to Call Out Nazis in Charlottesville?

Why Does Trump Refuse to Call Out Nazis in Charlottesville?

• His hate for Democrats, and wants them to be held responsible

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • He doesn't want to lose votes

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • He is a little racist himself

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • He refuses to be critical of those who support him (no matter how deplorable they are)

Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
A man with the courage of his convictions. No compromise on principles. No apology for love of country. Unntimidated by the hateful rhetoric of the far left. A man after my own heart. Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke.

Read more: Wisconsin Sheriff David Clarke receives standing ovation with opening statement to the RNC | Daily Mail Online
Ugh. This isn't rhetoric. A man STARVED TO DEATH in his jail and a NEWBORN BABY died in his jail when nobody would help the mother when she gave birth.
It's disgusting and morally repugnant for you or anyone else to not only defend that garbage but also to support and encourage it. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Thankfully, I think he's been removed from his position.

idav

Being
Premium Member
A lot of terrible things have gone on in his jail, under his watch. The four deaths are just the tip of the iceberg.

If you want to support that kind of crap, that's on you.
The type of stuff I see from the Repub camp is they would rather have people rotting in jail. What happened in that jail shows how far that rhetoric can go. US already have the highest rate of incarceration, are we sure we are not just pretending not to be a theocracy.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Whatever has happened to the good old rule of being innocent until proven guilty?

That doesn't apply outside of the legal system, and it doesn't even apply to all players in a courtroom. Certainly the DA that filed charges thinks the defendant is guilty and proceed as if that were the case.

People like you and me are free to judge by our own standards. I think that most of us found O.J. Simpson guilty of murder and Bill Cosby guilty of date rape even though neither was found guilty of those crimes formally.

How about Nixon? Was he guilty? Once again, not formally. He just quit his job and went home a free man but I'd hazard a guess that most informed observers found him guilty.

Another important distinction between a formal judge or juror and somebody outside of the process is that we have more verdicts available to us, including probably guilty and probably innocent. Innocent is apparently not an option in court. Available verdicts as I understand it are guilty, not guilty, or no verdict (hung jury/mistrial).

And finally, we are free to change our verdicts if additional evidence suggests that we should. We don't need to wait for the process to play out before making tentative judgments.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The type of stuff I see from the Repub camp is they would rather have people rotting in jail. What happened in that jail shows how far that rhetoric can go. US already have the highest rate of incarceration, are we sure we are not just pretending not to be a theocracy.
Let's not forget that Democrats, eg, the 1994 Crime Bill
signed by Bill Clinton, also like keeping people in prison.
I don't see either party tackling the problem of improving
the criminal justice system. Moreover, the same is true
for civil justice.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Let's not forget that Democrats, eg, the 1994 Crime Bill
signed by Bill Clinton, also like keeping people in prison
I don't see either party tackling the problem of improving
the criminal justice system. Moreover, the same is true
for civil justice.
Dems stand for lowering penalties for crimes and Repub want to make it worse stiffer fines and penalties especially with the war on drugs. Libs want it legalized yet don't want people going to jail for minor things. Are these not typical, maybe not, but it's the war on drugs and on the justice system. Trumps making sure to try and keep the war going, he's been doing a decent job too, but that's not where libs want trump doing well, i imagine the same for you from our past convos.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dems stand for lowering penalties for crimes and Repub want to make it worse stiffer fines and penalties especially with the war on drugs. Libs want it legalized yet don't want people going to jail for minor things. Are these not typical, maybe not, but it's the war on drugs and on the justice system. Trumps making sure to try and keep the war going, he's been doing a decent job too, but that's not where libs want trump doing well, i imagine the same for you from our past convos.
I oppose Trump's enthusiasm for the War On Drugs.
But I don't see the Dems opposing it either.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I oppose Trump's enthusiasm for the War On Drugs.
But I don't see the Dems opposing it either.
Well if they are not they should be, that's a liberal thing. One of clintons big things was to end mass incarceration, starkly different from Trumps stand.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well if they are not they should be, that's a liberal thing. One of clintons big things was to end mass incarceration, starkly different from Trumps stand.
Clintons wanted to end mass incarceration?
That's like saying Trump wants to end rudeness.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Your link is taking its sweet time to load.
Clinton's 1994 Crime Bill (which Hilda supported) was a disaster for civil rights.
Both Trump & Clinton (either) look good to me regarding justice.
Ok well I didn't vote for billy. Trump and Hillary both had similar stance on death penalty, that I was unaware.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I don't see really good reforms coming from either party.
Maybe some time in the future, eh?
Hopefully seems most the reform is coming from the states themselves, Feds have tons of catching up, its citizens are getting ornery.