• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Does Trump Refuse to Call Out Nazis in Charlottesville?

Why Does Trump Refuse to Call Out Nazis in Charlottesville?

• His hate for Democrats, and wants them to be held responsible

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • He doesn't want to lose votes

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • He is a little racist himself

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • He refuses to be critical of those who support him (no matter how deplorable they are)

Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters

leibowde84

Veteran Member
He obviously has absolutely no problem calling people and groups out personally on Twitter and using very harsh, insulting language. Why does he refuse to do so when it comes to White Supremacists, Nazis, the alt-right, etc.?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
He obviously has absolutely no problem calling people and groups out personally on Twitter and using very harsh, insulting language. Why does he refuse to do so when it comes to White Supremacists, Nazis, the alt-right, etc.?
He understands that the same people who participated are the same folks who voted for him. He is putting votes above doing the right thing.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
They are the reason he got elected, they are a critical part of his voter base, he can't risk offending them, they have him by the bxlls.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Simply he believes in their cause. He definitely fits the profile of a Rich White bigot. Make America Great again is slang for make America white again. The only thing he has accomplished so far has been to roll back civil rights. His reason for loving Russia over Mexico and China is obvious. The most important thing and why he is not losing his white base is that they see him making America white again.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
He condemned all equally from what I saw but now since the whole Russian hacking/influence/collusion "scandal" that we heard about for months almost 24/7 turned out to be the nothing burger that it was from the beginning I am sure CNN/MSNBC and other media outlets were glad to have something/anything to try to hang on Trump. Trump almost caused WWIII if you listened to some and now a Nazi supporter? man, I bet they couldn't get writing fast enough. In the case of the peacefully demonstrating white nationalists whose civil rights were being violated by violent leftist fascists, I'd say they showed great restraint considering there were quite a few who openly carried firearms- even so dubbed assault weapons! and not a shot was fired to my knowledge.
I posted this in my North Korea thread already but the comments from C.I.A. Director Mike Pompeo in the video from from the beginning to 2:10 are relevant to this discussion
:CIA Director Mike Pompeo on the threat from North Korea - Videos - CBS News

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He understands that the same people who participated are the same folks who voted for him. He is putting votes above doing the right thing.
Yes...I too was there beating progressive posters, & recruiting for our local Nazi chapter.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He condemned all equally from what I saw but now since the whole Russian hacking/influence/collusion "scandal" that we heard about for months almost 24/7 turned out to be the nothing burger that it was from the beginning I am sure CNN/MSNBC and other media outlets were glad to have something/anything to try to hang on Trump. Trump almost caused WWIII if you listened to some and now a Nazi supporter? man, I bet they couldn't get writing fast enough. In the case of the peacefully demonstrating white nationalists whose civil rights were being violated by violent leftist fascists, I'd say they showed great restraint considering there were quite a few who openly carried firearms- even so dubbed assault weapons! and not a shot was fired to my knowledge.
When both sides behave badly (not saying equally badly), it's reasonable to decry both for violence.
Btw, we've had a couple Nazi rallies here in Ann Arbor. Both were just a couple blocks from my
office & properties, so I got a front row seat to the violence. I could even enjoy the mace the
cops eventually sprayed when the 'progressive' protesters became violent. The Nazis were
peaceful, but many of the counter-demonstrators were masked, openly carrying knives, &
attacking the Nazis & even other people in the crowd. The cops allowed this.
No one is more violent & dangerous than an enraged peace activist, eh.

Although.....one guy who was set upon by the mob (cuz he had the Stars & Bars on
his back) was protected by a young black gal, who covered him with her own body.
She was briefly famous for her heroism.

Quetzal

Premium Member
Yes...I too was there beating progressive posters, & recruiting for our local Nazi chapter.
Don't make it personal because it isn't. I am simply pointing out that the individuals who participated in that rally are overwhelmingly more likely to have voted for Trump.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Don't make it personal because it isn't. I am simply pointing out that the individuals who participated in that rally are overwhelmingly more likely to have voted for Trump.
I was just mocking your broad brush.
But would it be fair to criticize Hillary cuz violent elements on the left likely voted for her?

Quetzal

Premium Member
I was just mocking your broad brush.
Although, to be fair, I wasn't being that broad, I don't think. My scope was limited to those who participated in the event from the perspective of the nationalists. Wasn't even that large of a group.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Although, to be fair, I wasn't being that broad, I don't think. My scope was limited to those who participated in the event from the perspective of the nationalists. Wasn't even that large of a group.
Your phrasing wasn't so precise.
And I'm an expert on English, having many ancestors from a country near England.

Quetzal

Premium Member
Your phrasing wasn't so precise.
And I'm an expert on English, having many ancestors from a country near England.
Glad I could help clarify. I wouldn't want any Trump voters on here thinking I am tossing them into the lot by default. Nah, instead let's just focus on the jackasses that actually did the horrible stuff.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I posted this in my North Korea thread already but the comments from C.I.A. Director Mike Pompeo in the video from from the beginning to 2:10 are relevant to this discussion
:CIA Director Mike Pompeo on the threat from North Korea - Videos - CBS News
Trump failed to specifically denounce white supremacy. That is a fact. It was very easy for him to do, but he refused to do it. He gets a lot of support from those groups, so he wasn't willing to lose votes to do the right thing.

And, the Russian investigation is ongoing. We have absolutely no way of knowing what Mueller has found regarding evidence. Maybe he has plenty, maybe he has nothing. No one knows, as it has not been made public yet. But, he has put together 2 grand juries, conducted one pre-dawn raid of Manafort's private residence, and has issues various subpoenas. So, to say that the investigation is over is either extremely dishonest or extremely ignorant.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
So let me get this straight, revoltingest, you're defending the neo nazis now?????

leibowde84

Veteran Member
When both sides behave badly (not saying equally badly), it's reasonable to decry both for violence.
Btw, we've had a couple Nazi rallies here in Ann Arbor. Both were just a couple blocks from my
office & properties, so I got a front row seat to the violence. I could even enjoy the mace the
cops eventually sprayed when the 'progressive' protesters became violent. The Nazis were
peaceful, but many of the counter-demonstrators were masked, openly carrying knives, &
attacking the Nazis & even other people in the crowd. The cops allowed this.
No one is more violent & dangerous than an enraged peace activist, eh.

Although.....one guy who was set upon by the mob (cuz he had the Stars & Bars on
his back) was protected by a young black gal, who covered him with her own body.
She was briefly famous for her heroism.
I can't speak for the incident you saw, but the white supremacists in Charlottesville started the violence. They were throwing bottles, attacking clergymen, brandishing semi-automatic rifles, macing people, etc. And, finally, one of the nazis drove a car into a crowd. So, it is pretty easy to see who was to blame for this. Sure, the counter-protesters faught back, but that should be expected.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Glad I could help clarify. I wouldn't want any Trump voters on here thinking I am tossing them into the lot by default. Nah, instead let's just focus on the jackasses that actually did the horrible stuff.
Speaking of "phrasing", I picked up the term by watching Archer.
archer-phrasing-boom.png

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can't speak for the incident you saw, but the white supremacists in Charlottesville started the violence. They were throwing bottles, attacking clergymen, brandishing semi-automatic rifles, macing people, etc. And, finally, one of the nazis drove a car into a crowd. So, it is pretty easy to see who was to blame for this. Sure, the counter-protesters faught back, but that should be expected.
I hereby condemn Nazis, & anyone else fomenting violence.