• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why does the bible contain contradictions ?

maro

muslimah
I assume you believe the Quran!

of course i believe the quran , that's why i believe that prophet Mosa (PBUH) and prophet jesus (isa) "PBUH" had scriptures , THE TOURAH and THE injeel , which were changed and corrupted by man ,
that's why Allah revealed the "QURAN" to his final messenger (PBUH) , and perserved it from being changed or corrupted till the judgment day ,

[2:79] Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: "This is from Allah," to traffic with it for a miserable price! Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby

As Allah is all just , he can't bring me to account in the judgment day, unless he perserve his message completely "for me" ,
that's why i thank him for the great bless , that's called "the Quran"

And as he is all just too , he will make every sinner pay for his sin (unless s/he repent before they die) ,insteading of leting his son ,or himself (i am not sure ) die for our sins ,

I was not granted my mind, my will , my eye sight and my life for no reason ,
i was not granted all this for someone else to come and save me at the end ,

My savior is "Allah" himself , My Great lord who created me , jesus , Muhammad (PBUT) , and the whole universe

Sura 112 :
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
[1] Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

[2] Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

[3] He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

[4] And there is none like unto Him.

that was the true message of Adam , Noah , Mosa , Jesus , and finally Muhammad (may Allah's blessings be upon them all )

maro

muslimah
Maro, I believe your intentions are good. I believe you have the love of God within you. As such you desire to save as many people from hell fire as possible.

Jesus saves!

Thank you , love

but jesus doesn't save ,neither do Muhammad , as they are no more than human beings , and messengers from their lord ,
The corruption of the injeel was not minor as christians claim , instead , it obliterated the whole true message of the scripture ,

allah says :
[3:64] Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: that we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will)."

love

tri-polar optimist
Thank you , love

but jesus doesn't save ,neither do Muhammad , as they are no more than human beings , and messengers from their lord ,
The corruption of the injeel was not minor as christians claim , instead , it obliterated the whole true message of the scripture ,

allah says :
[3:64] Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: that we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with Him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will)."

My dear Maro,

The true message of the Gospel is so simple and basic to life that it cannot be obliterated.

maro

muslimah
You finally said something I agree with.... Muhammad doesn't save. :D

All with Peter to Jesus through Mary,
Scott

believing and following prophet muhammad (PBUH) saves ,inshalla:)

i meant that we don't consider him a savior ,the christian way ;)

UnityNow101

Now, why would God allow His word revealed to Jesus to be corrupted by the people? How could a just God allow for the Word to become corrupted by humand hands? Is He not watchful over His Word?

love

tri-polar optimist
Maro, do you think you need salvation?
You say neither Jesus or Muhhamed saves so I guess it's between you and Allah if you make the cut. Good luck. I hear He's pretty strict. Does He really count the ones who miss morning prayer and wipe the slate clean for someone and their whole family if they will sacrifice themselves for His cause.
The Perfect Sacrifice has already been made.

UnityNow101

Nobody should get too confident with their salvation, Love. For even Jesus Himself says that many will say "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name", and they shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The best way is to remain humble about our salvation and turn away from our sinful ways.

love

tri-polar optimist
Nobody should get too confident with their salvation, Love. For even Jesus Himself says that many will say "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name", and they shall not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The best way is to remain humble about our salvation and turn away from our sinful ways.

Very true Unity. Even though it is a gift, it must be received with an open heart.

There will be many that say Lord, Lord did we not fight in your name and slay the non believers and burn the witches, and cast out for You the ones not fit to call Your name?
The Christ knows His sheep.

maro

muslimah
Now, why would God allow His word revealed to Jesus to be corrupted by the people? How could a just God allow for the Word to become corrupted by humand hands? Is He not watchful over His Word?

Allah didn't promise to perserve the Torah and injeel ,like he promised to perserve the Quran , as it's the final revealation , and no other prophet will come to fix the corruption "if it was corrupted" ,

if the christians themselves admit that some change or corruption happened to the original revelation . However, they claim it's minor . what's your problem exactly ?

Maro, do you think you need salvation?
You say neither Jesus or Muhhamed saves so I guess it's between you and Allah if you make the cut. Good luck. I hear He's pretty strict. Does He really count the ones who miss morning prayer and wipe the slate clean for someone and their whole family if they will sacrifice themselves for His cause.
The Perfect Sacrifice has already been made.

i am sorry, love
i wasn't able to understand what happens if we miss the morning prayer , as english is not my first language :D

missing any prayer is a sin , that we can repent from , and allah will forgive us inshalla

love;

Islam is very very precious , and the one who is willing to become a muslim and submit to the lord of the words , must be a serious person , who is willing to abide by his committments , and pay for his salvation , and struggle for the sake of Allah

if you are not willing to do your best to abide by the islamic lifestyle, we don't need you in Islam ,
becoz Islam is a " gift" , that is only given to the serious persons , and the sincere believers,

However , this life that's full of obligations is the paradise of the heart and the true happiness and peace of mind ,
the happiness of knowing the truth (by your heart) , the happiness of listening to the recitation of the noble Quran , and crying because of them ,

This is the true life, that i wish for all people to taste ,

and this why Islam is the most rapidly growing religion , Ask FVM why she left her free life to a life full of obligations? for what price ?

allah says ;

[16:97]Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure, and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions

My lord is the most merciful and gracious, his mercy upon me is more than my mother's mercy , as Prophet muhammad (PBUH) told us,
All we need to do is to repent and ask for forgivness, and he will never let us down ,

in the Hadith al Qudsi , allah says :

“When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: ‘My mercy prevails over my wrath.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa’i and Ibn Majah

another hadith qudsi:

“Allah Almighty has said:
‘The son of Adam denied Me and he had no right to do so. And he reviled Me and he had no right to do so. As for his denying Me, it is his saying: ‘He will not remake me as He made me at first’ (1) - and the initial creation [of him] is no easier for Me than remaking him. As for his reviling Me, it is his saying: ‘Allah has taken to Himself a son,’ while I am the One, the Everlasting Refuge. I begot not nor was I begotten, and there is none comparable to Me.’”​
and there are many other (Hadith Qudsi) telling us about our lord and how merciful and close he is ;

http://sacredhadith.com/hadith-qudsi-2/

Ozzie

I am interested to know how chrisitans account for the contradictions of the bible ? does "GOD" contradict himself ?!!
Wouldn't it bore the living daylights out of you if God was not self-contradictory according to the Bible? Imagine a preordained stainless truth (Get me a staight-jacket and a rubber room so I can abandon my reason).

joeboonda

Admitting that the Bible is what it is, and that it contains glaring contradictions in some of its "facts" does not constitute an "excuse to mistrust Jesus and not be saved." It does constitute a bold bow toward reality.
SIr, the Bible does not contain glaring contradictions. Any seeming contradictions have been thoroughly addressed. You may pick and choose the parts of the Bible you want to believe are true, that is your choice but it will not bring you anywhere near reality. Jesus is the Truth, God cannot lie and God promised to preserve His Word for us and has done just that and millions have been saved by hearing or reading it. Just because wicked, immoral, godless, hard-hearted men attack it with a vengeance does not mean it is not every bit the truth of Almighty God, actually the fact that it is attacked with such a vengeance by godless, wicked men lends more to its credibility than not.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

I am interested to know how chrisitans account for the contradictions of the bible ? does "GOD" contradict himself ?!!

Oh where do we begin. Lemme just pull up a couple, in the form of questions:

1. How many of each type of animal boarded Noah's ark?

2. Can God be seen?

3. What kinds of meat can be eaten?

4. Is swearing OK?

No, sorry... I can't.

A person has to be open to the Holy Spirit to understand the Word of God.... and I don't think you plan on accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior anytime in the near future, right?

You are trying to force your way of thinking into our faith... it does not work like that. In Sacred Scripture, God speaks to man in a human way. To interpret Scripture correctly, the reader must be attentive to what the human authors truly wanted to affirm, and to what God wanted to reveal to us by their words... But since Sacred Scripture is inspired, there is another and no less important principle of correct interpretation, without which Scripture would remain a dead letter. "Sacred Scripture must be read and interpreted in the light of the same Spirit by whom it was written."

Hope that helps.:D

Erm, can you really be aware of maro's motives here? Could they simply be honest intellectual inquiry?

That wouldn't be a bad thing, would it?

Scott1

Erm, can you really be aware of maro's motives here? Could they simply be honest intellectual inquiry?

That wouldn't be a bad thing, would it?
No... it would be a great thing... but this poster has made it clear the Bible has been corrupted and only the "noble Koran" is perfect.... not exactly an "honest" inquiry... but something most people of faith do.

Peace,
S

Scott1

Now, what have you to say about my four questions in the last post?
Not sure you really want me to answer these.. but here goes:
1. How many of each type of animal boarded Noah's ark?
Two I think.... but I don't take the story as a literal truth (it's a story)... so please don't waste your time with size charts or questions about food storage etc.
2. Can God be seen?
Yes.. by people in heaven.
3. What kinds of meat can be eaten?
Whatever kind can fit into your mouth.... other than human meat. :D
4. Is swearing OK?

Errr... I guess it's not polite in certain company, but I don't think it sends a person to hell if that's what yourr getting at.

Hope that helps......:confused:
S

bogey1over

specifics/ all religions contradict themselves but the overall messages is the same {the salvation of man from his fallen state}

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Not sure you really want me to answer these.. but here goes:

Well you don't *have* to. But you seem brave enough!

Two I think.... but I don't take the story as a literal truth (it's a story)... so please don't waste your time with size charts or questions about food storage etc.
Nah, no charts. Just a verse:

Genesis 7:2--"Of every clean beast thou shalt take thee by sevens, the male and his female."

Yes.. by people in heaven.
What about on Earth?

Whatever kind can fit into your mouth.... other than human meat. :D
Deuteronomy 14:7-8--"Nevertheless, these shall ye not eat, of them that chew the cud or of them that divide the cloven hoof; as the camel and the hare, and the coney; for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof; therefore, they are unclean unto you. And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass."

Leviticus 11:2-4--"These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth. Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat. Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you."

Errr... I guess it's not polite in certain company, but I don't think it sends a person to hell if that's what yourr getting at.
LOL, I love that.

Just a note, a lot of swearing by God's name went down:

Genesis 21:23-24
Numbers 30:2
Deuteronomy 6:13 actually commands us to swear in God's name.
Isaiah 45:23 Hey, God can do it too.
(And that's not even the complete list!)

Hope that helps......:confused:
S
;)

Scott1

Genesis 7:2--"Of every clean beast thou shalt take thee by sevens, the male and his female."
What's your point? It's a story.... the allegorical lesson here is what is important to me.
What about on Earth?
Not in my opinion.
Deuteronomy 14:7-8--"Leviticus 11:2-4
Again... what's your point?

My faith is not trapped inside the pages of the Bible.... please don't confuse me for a "bible only" Protestant... my Church was around long before the Bible and we don't feel the need to justify every aspect of our faith by quoting a Bible verse. Scripture is to be read and interpreted with "the living Tradition of the whole Church".

Hope you're not still confused...