• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does no one admit chocolate is bad?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't drink* but use copious amounts of wine in cooking

* actually thats drink very little, maybe 3 or 4 glasses max per year

Also caution, chocolate is poisonous to dogs

I meant cheese and chalk being edible.

We don't give the kids wine or chocolate(chocolate causes a med reaction with one). Or the dogs...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have occasionally had really dark chocolate but I mostly like that because of the strong bitter flavour. Also the odd combination chocolate and chilli, who knew eh?
I never have had it in my chili, but one of my favorite Mexican dishes is made with chocolate so I have to say why not? Pollo en mole. Or chicken in a chocolate based sauce. Definitely do not use milk chocolate if you make this dish.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Poor doggies:( And you are right, never feed your dogs chocolate.

Poor doggies my foot... they'll eat about anything that falls on the floor. Chalk and cheese included. And crayons... oh, how many art supplies we've lost to the dogs. :( (Our dogs are 100lb garbage disposals.)

They are also quite opportunistic with the trash can. As are the cats. The cats are pickier, though. They'll eat cheese, but not chalk,

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That is milk chocolate,
aka "brown colored white chocolate",
aka "brown sugar grease".
I like "brown sugar grease."
Except Dove/Galaxy. Even their milk chocolate is awesome. And their peanut butter filled chocolates, milk and dark I love them both and prefer them over Reese's.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Except Dove/Galaxy. Even their milk chocolate is awesome. And their peanut butter filled chocolates, milk and dark I love them both and prefer them over Reese's.

Reece's is overrated. I'm not saying its bad, but yes, there is certainly better.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Also caution, chocolate is poisonous to dogs
That, to me, means if there is intelligent design behind everything then this "intelligent being" is heinously cruel. Making chocolate poisonous to dogs? On purpose? Deliberation and intentionally? That's tragic.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I have to admit, I do enjoy the occasional frozen white chocolate Reece's egg. Especially when they were bigger.

My husband looks forward to Easter just for these things..

I'm alright with them, but I enjoy Reece's sticks more. I like the wafers.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I never have had it in my chili, but one of my favorite Mexican dishes is made with chocolate so I have to say why not? Pollo en mole. Or chicken in a chocolate based sauce. Definitely do not use milk chocolate if you make this dish.

Try a couple of squares in your chilly, it makes it a smoother, richer (and shinier) sauce

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I had a chocolate bar with chili in it once. It was odd. Not the worst thing I've had with chili pepper in it (the worst was a Jalapeno beer), but definitely odd.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My husband looks forward to Easter just for these things..

I'm alright with them, but I enjoy Reece's sticks more. I like the wafers.
Been awhile since I've had the wafers. I really like Reece's pieces though. And I rarely get them because it's very easy for me to make an entire box vanish.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I do like galaxy too

But dove is a shower gel ;-)

LN_842704_BP_4.jpg

And yes, that's what i use

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Reece's is overrated. I'm not saying its bad, but yes, there is certainly better.
Of course there is better. But they are not bad at all for a low priced product. There very often is a reason that good products cost more. One can simply not deliver the same quality at a lower price.

It is why I sometimes hate to buy "top shelf" goods. I got hooked on top shelf spaghetti sauces. But then I got revenge. I learned how to make one myself that is even better. But sadly, not much cheaper.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Of course there is better. But they are not bad at all for a low priced product. There very often is a reason that good products cost more. One can simply not deliver the same quality at a lower price.

It is why I sometimes hate to buy "top shelf" goods. I got hooked on top shelf spaghetti sauces. But then I got revenge. I learned how to make one myself that is even better. But sadly, not much cheaper.

The worst part is that when you get used to a superior product, going back to the bargain deal isn't always an option.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But they are not bad at all for a low priced product.
That is a pretty good way to look at them.
Very true. There are some things it's basically easier and cheaper to go for those top shelf ones. Or having to buy a larger amount of one ingredient than I can use before it goes bad. That's why I still buy many sauces, even though for the most part I can make just as good.
The worst part is that when you get used to a superior product, going back to the bargain deal isn't always an option.
That's why I am loving Costco. Their brand is cheap and pretty good.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Best spaghetti sauce ever was at Menards.
It was pretty good, but the price (free) was what made it tops.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
So I'm going to give u an opportunity to write the truth down below. It's all anonymous anyway and it will be the first step to your recovery.

You know what? I cordially invite you to the opportunity to shut your lying mouth! If one thing were to convince me that god actually does exist, it is the fact that chocolate exists. That, and coffee. :D

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Come on everyone we all know it's bad, I mean it tastes like suger.....just sugar.

It is the most pointless think in the food world. I just feel like there is one big conspiracy that makes people want it.

So I'm going to give u an opportunity to write the truth down below. It's all anonymous anyway and it will be the first step to your recovery.
Never! That will put Oompa Loompas out of work!

Besides, chocolate is yummy.