• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does no one admit chocolate is bad?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Come on everyone we all know it's bad, I mean it tastes like suger.....just sugar.

It is the most pointless think in the food world. I just feel like there is one big conspiracy that makes people want it.

So I'm going to give u an opportunity to write the truth down below. It's all anonymous anyway and it will be the first step to your recovery.

White chocolate is plastic garbage. Milk chocolate is a poor cousin to the real thing.

Get good, dark chocolate. The darker the better. I assure you, it will not taste like sugar.

The stuff you get tastes like sugar because it is mostly sugar...not chocolate.

And yes, a bit of cocoa in chili deepens and enriches the taste. But, again, NOT milk chocolate.

And, BTW, Hershey's isn't chocolate. It is plastic. It doesn't even work as a chocolate substitute.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I have occasionally had really dark chocolate but I mostly like that because of the strong bitter flavour. Also the odd combination chocolate and chilli, who knew eh?

The bitter flavor is the first layer. With good chocolate, like with good whiskey, you want to train yourself to taste the more subtle aspects of the offering. The good stuff has a richness and depth that you simply don't get with the cheap ****.

darkskies

Come on everyone we all know it's bad, I mean it tastes like suger.....just sugar.

It is the most pointless think in the food world. I just feel like there is one big conspiracy that makes people want it.

So I'm going to give u an opportunity to write the truth down below. It's all anonymous anyway and it will be the first step to your recovery.
Obviously you haven't tried dark chocolate. Or any chocolate of good quality, really.

Brian2

Veteran Member
That is milk chocolate,
aka "brown colored white chocolate",
aka "brown sugar grease".

You need....
s-l400.jpg

I used to eat a block of brown sugar grease that I bought when I got petrol half way through my round and eat it in the next hour and a half. I was not hungry for the rest of the day but it was not good for my digestive system if I did it too often.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Is Chocolate Bad For You?
Consider the Following:
  • Cocoa, which is used to make chocolate, provides phytochemicals. These can improve health by acting as antioxidants. The darker the chocolate, the higher the phytochemical content.
  • Eating chocolate can trigger a release of serotonin within the brain, which contributes to the pleasurable experience. Some people argue that this can cause people to feel "addicted" to chocolate and women to crave chocolate before their menstrual cycle begins.
  • Chocolate provides some vitamins and minerals, like magnesium, that the body needs.
  • Chocolate contains sugar, although the exact amount will vary depending on how the chocolate is prepared and processed. Sugar is a carbohydrate, which the body needs for quick energy and proper brain function. However, excessive intake of sugar can adversely affect health so moderation is important when enjoying chocolate.
  • Chocolate is relatively high in fat. However, the dietary fat in chocolate is called "stearic acid," which does not affect blood lipids as much as some other types of fat.
  • Next time you have a piece of chocolate, allow it to "melt in your mouth" in order to fully appreciate the taste and texture.
  • If you find yourself feeling out of control with chocolate or any other food, you may want to seek further support.
Chocolate

exchemist

Veteran Member
I really wanna learn how to do sudoku it looks super fun to do
Try this site, start with "easy" level and move up as you get better at it: Web Sudoku - Billions of Free Sudoku Puzzles to Play Online

I print them out in "large" format, so that I can make pencil marks to help me as I go.

I do one every day after lunch, as a sort of little test to convince myself I am not going senile yet. (I will be 67 in August ;)). I do the "evil" ones, but I've been doing them for a quite a long time now, so I've learnt some of the tricks.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Is Chocolate Bad For You?
Consider the Following:
  • Cocoa, which is used to make chocolate, provides phytochemicals. These can improve health by acting as antioxidants. The darker the chocolate, the higher the phytochemical content.
  • Eating chocolate can trigger a release of serotonin within the brain, which contributes to the pleasurable experience. Some people argue that this can cause people to feel "addicted" to chocolate and women to crave chocolate before their menstrual cycle begins.
  • Chocolate provides some vitamins and minerals, like magnesium, that the body needs.
  • Chocolate contains sugar, although the exact amount will vary depending on how the chocolate is prepared and processed. Sugar is a carbohydrate, which the body needs for quick energy and proper brain function. However, excessive intake of sugar can adversely affect health so moderation is important when enjoying chocolate.
  • Chocolate is relatively high in fat. However, the dietary fat in chocolate is called "stearic acid," which does not affect blood lipids as much as some other types of fat.
  • Next time you have a piece of chocolate, allow it to "melt in your mouth" in order to fully appreciate the taste and texture.
  • If you find yourself feeling out of control with chocolate or any other food, you may want to seek further support.
Chocolate
I like the bit about seeking "further support". I suppose that would include the reinforcement to your chair, when you become grossly obese as a result of eating too much of it.:D

Erebus

I have a love/hate relationship with chocolate. First of all I vastly prefer milk/white chocolate to dark. I can eat dark chocolate but only out of boredom.

Milk/white chocolate though...

I try not to keep any of it in the flat and only occasionally pick up a bar from the shop. See, I have a real problem with that ridiculous concept some people might call "restraint." I'll continue eating the chocolate long past the point where my stomach is begging me to stop. Tears will stream down my eyes as I scream, "I'm never eating chocolate again!" in between mouthfuls. I won't be able to eat anything else for the rest of the day as I've just consumed a family sized bar of Dairy Milk in one sitting ... and yet it's still not enough. I want more. I need more...

This is why I try to stick to Bourbon biscuits if I need a sweet snack.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
It's not really chocolate, but the left over fats and other stuff from making the chocolate, and because it has no cocoa solids it isn't really chocolate.
Perhaps there should be different names for certain confectionary items? Not sure though, depends on the definition of course. As you say, white chocolate does contain cocoa - the butter but not the solids.
Whatever you want to call it, this bar of white confectionary is delish imo:

50AA5E7C-1635-493C-9118-97E6D0486368.jpeg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I used to eat a block of brown sugar grease that I bought when I got petrol half way through my round and eat it in the next hour and a half. I was not hungry for the rest of the day but it was not good for my digestive system if I did it too often.
I also hear that chocolate can aggravate acid reflux in some.
But for me, chocolate is a health food.