• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do some people seem to be unable

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
People can think what they want, they dont (or shouldn't) need to kill and maim for their though and expect forgiveness for it.
Such people, who expect forgiveness after killing, have two major emotional issues
1) They kill
2) They expect the other to forgive them

I think, that such a person, if he would exist, must be schizophrenic or maybe a narcissistic person (not feel empathy for others)

stvdv

Doesn't work that way for me. Once could be a mistake and no forgiveness is required. More than once and they are not worth the effort of thinking about.

Of other people i think the "displeasure" can go away for minor transgression of civility. Major transgressions are another matter and will be remembered for life
You generated a bug to be seen in RF:D. Or did you do some magic;) (quoting me and maybe substituting Amanaki?)
Or Divine interaction (your post is an important issue I am dealing with just this week). You tell me?

I got an alert that you quoted my post, but when clicking on it, I saw it was Amanaki you quoted

ChristineM quoted your post in the thread Why do some people seem to be unable.
8:47 AM

upload_2019-10-4_19-30-51.png

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You generated a bug to be seen in RF:D. Or did you do some magic;) (quoting me and maybe substituting Amanaki?)
Or Divine interaction (your post is an important issue I am dealing with just this week). You tell me?

I got an alert that you quoted my post, but when clicking on it, I saw it was Amanaki you quoted

ChristineM quoted your post in the thread Why do some people seem to be unable.
8:47 AM

View attachment 33396

I've had that before, '????? quoted your post on ?????' only to find it was not my post .

I apologize and think Einstein's 'spooky action at a distance' works well here too.

Shakazuluuuuu

Deist I guess what that is
Why does it seem to be so that some people have difficulty forgive others for their mistakes or wrongdoing?
Sometimes it even looks like people get upset if someone forgives others. Why is this?

Noone wants anything other than freedom from judgement and or persecution. If someone forgives another, how do you know who is to blame?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Noone wants anything other than freedom from judgement and or persecution. If someone forgives another, how do you know who is to blame?
As i mentioned in an earlier answer, I do not say that someone who committed a crime should not be punished by the country law, What I say is why can someone not forgive on a personal level? When understanding that holding anger or frustration toward someone and being unable to forgive something that hppen in the past, the person who can not forgive is the one who will suffer most. But by forgiving and let go of the past, no suffering is needed

Shakazuluuuuu

Deist I guess what that is
As i mentioned in an earlier answer, I do not say that someone who committed a crime should not be punished by the country law, What I say is why can someone not forgive on a personal level? When understanding that holding anger or frustration toward someone and being unable to forgive something that hppen in the past, the person who can not forgive is the one who will suffer most. But by forgiving and let go of the past, no suffering is needed

Ask the judge then. Is god going to sinularity like going to answer for a person or what does a "Testament" mean?

By the people and for the people. A generalization is exactly what the rule of law is for. Otherwise all we have is nothing greater than chaos.
Suffering. Ask the old, ask the genetically fallable, ask the unfortunate. Ask the King that rules this all about what suffering is.

Blame is so easy to target that and this thing called "internet" takes away humanity face to face.

I for one will stand for the Jews and that little dude that wears the crown of thorns because that lil ******* was crazier than I am and he stood his ground.

ChristineM

Premium Member

Anger and frustration need not come into the equation. Simple unwillingness to have any association with the "perpetrator", washing your hands of them is more likely

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Ask the judge then. Is god going to sinularity like going to answer for a person or what does a "Testament" mean?

By the people and for the people. A generalization is exactly what the rule of law is for. Otherwise all we have is nothing greater than chaos.
Suffering. Ask the old, ask the genetically fallable, ask the unfortunate. Ask the King that rules this all about what suffering is.

Blame is so easy to target that and this thing called "internet" takes away humanity face to face.

I for one will stand for the Jews and that little dude that wears the crown of thorns because that lil ******* was crazier than I am and he stood his ground.
You can do as you wish :) Forgiveness is the greatest compassion for a Buddhist so that is they way i live

stvdv

I've had that before, '????? quoted your post on ?????' only to find it was not my post .

I apologize and think Einstein's 'spooky action at a distance' works well here too.

I really thought you pulled a prank. This Is quite easy I think, just reply to stvdv, and after posting, RF sends me an alert. In the mean time you edit this post and delete my quote + copy/paste another quote of another person, and save.

But if you did not do all this, then it must be one of the other options.

Thanks for sharing this one about Einstein. I did not know about "spooky action at a distance", I like it. It has happened to me quite often [first time on RF though]. Good to know it not just happens to me.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Anger and frustration need not come into the equation. Simple unwillingness to have any association with the "perpetrator", washing your hands of them is more likely
And more sensible.

I see forgiveness as entirely about you, not about the other person, or about the relationship. Who in their right mind wants to live an entire life filled with anger for someone?I've seen this happen to people, despite the other person being long deceased. It's unhealthy.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
I really thought you pulled a prank. This Is quite easy I think, just reply to stvdv, and after posting, RF sends me an alert. In the mean time you edit this post and delete my quote + copy/paste another quote of another person, and save.

But if you did not do all this, then it must be one of the other options.

Thanks for sharing this one about Einstein. I did not know about "spooky action at a distance", I like it. It has happened to me quite often [first time on RF though]. Good to know it not just happens to me.

Sounds like a very involved way of pulling a prank.

einstein-spooky-action.jpg

Some of the latest on spooky action
Einstein's 'Spooky Action' Has Just Been Demonstrated on a Massive Scale For The First Time

stvdv

And more sensible.

I see forgiveness as entirely about you, not about the other person, or about the relationship. Who in their right mind wants to live an entire life filled with anger for someone?I've seen this happen to people, despite the other person being long deceased. It's unhealthy.
I agree.

But I have seen people who had such a horrible first few years, that it was impossible for them to let go of this hate. So then it is not about "who in their right mind wants to live with hate". It's just the cards they were given. Knowing their past, I can fully understand they can't get out of it.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I agree.

But I have seen people who had such a horrible first few years, that it was impossible for them to let go of this hate. So then it is not about "who in their right mind wants to live with hate". It's just the cards they were given. Knowing their past, I can fully understand they can't get out of it.

For sure some folks can't get out of it. Partly they don't realise they can get out of it, or there are overwhelming factors like PTSDs to consider. I wasn't really talking about those extremes.

Bird123

Why does it seem to be so that some people have difficulty forgive others for their mistakes or wrongdoing?
Sometimes it even looks like people get upset if someone forgives others. Why is this?

When we are hurt the gut reaction is either to hurt back or run from the hurt. Many people value payback above most everything. They have not learned that payback is useless energy spent. It does little to solve the actual problem while hurting those who seek it on the journey to attain it. In the end, they discover the payback they fought so hard for did not bring them joy.

Forgiveness only serves to sooth emotional feelings. Though I might ask someone to forgive me if I think it will make them feel better, forgiveness is not required for those who have hurt me. Why? Mistakes and bad choices are part of the learning system. I know, in time, people will understand why their choice was a bad one. They can learn without me trying to use guilt to alter their actions. I do not need lessons to know that is wrong. Those who make bad choices will have hard enough lessons when their actions return to teach them what their actions really mean.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Why would they not be worthy of forgivess?
As Christine pointed out, there are several actions and behaviors that do not deserve to be forgiven. Some actions have so marked either a person or - indeed - the entire world that forgiveness is just not possible, nor should it be. It's easy to paint forgiveness up in flowers and play at some deep wisdom, but I find it unsatisfactorily empty. It's often painted up as "holding onto a hot coal" or some such nonsense, conveying the idea that we're only hurting ourselves in our "anger" towards that person, but that is not always the case. But even if it was, so what? It's not like people are usually enraged about these niðingr day in and day out. Often they don't occupy much thought until the topic comes up. But why should their offense be given a pass, made to be "okay"?

You say that forgiveness is compassion towards many ills, but also evilness. Why does evil deserve compassion? An example (yes, I'm going to be that guy, and this is rhetorical; it's easy to type answers you don't actually mean): Few in today's world are actively or actually angry at Hitler. Yet his actions were among the most evil that the 20th Century has ever seen. Why should he be forgiven? Why should the world let go of his actions?