• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do science hide the truth?

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
The 'some dude' defense.

How do you know this? Some dude told me.

Where did you get that? Some dude gave it to me.

sooda

Veteran Member
It's not that so much that science always hide truth.
It's because science can only go back so far. Then what ?

Let's take the big bang theory for example of scientist.
So what happened for this big bang to happen.
Scientists will say two planets or meteorites collided.
Ok so where did these planets and meteorites come from.

So something had to happen for them to exist, so where or how did they come from.

Therefore in everything that scientist will say, this happen because of this.
Ok, so where did that come from to make this happen.
And where did this come from so that would happen
And where did this come from to make this happen.
You see for everything scientist can say, I will ask to explain where it come from to make this happen.
And where did that come from to make this happen.

So you see eventually scientist are going to hit a brick wall, only because scientist can only go back so far and that's because they will be limited in their knowledge of what happened back trillions, trillion and trillion of years ago.
But yet the bible/scriptures goes back that far,

where scientist have no understanding or knowledge about what happened trillions and trillions of years ago.

As the bible/scriptures confirm's that God has no beginning, so that means God was trillions and trillions of years ago with no beginning.

As in the Bible/scriptures in the book of Genesis 1:1 professes. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

As you can see, it doesn't say when God created the heavens and the earth only in the beginning, When ever that was.

Was it a thousand or Millions or Billions or trillions of years ago. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth?
So when was the beginning ?

No honey, Bible scriptures only go back to 500 BC.. The earlier myths that were written down were from Sumer, Egypt and the North Coast Canaanites 2000 years before Noah, Abraham and Moses.

Faithofchristian

No honey, Bible scriptures only go back to 500 BC.. The earlier myths that were written down were from Sumer, Egypt and the North Coast Canaanites 2000 years before Noah, Abraham and Moses.

No honey bible/scriptures do not go 500 B.C.
But alot further than that if you had understanding and knowledge what the bible/scriptures actually do say and confirms.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I dont say science always hide truth :)
But why do science sometimes not tell the full story? can it be because then they would show to the people that we have been fooled for ages? example is Egypt pyramid in Giza, Why do you think they said it was Tutankhamun burial site when it was never found any pharao within the pyramid? can it be because they did not want us to know that egypt 5000-2500 years ago was actually a lot more advanced then we think? because WOW it would be strange that previous times was more advanced then we are today, right?

The Great Pyramids' true purpose has now been revealed - NTD Inspired
It is the job of every scientist to question what we know. For example, it has long been widely accepted that the viceroy butterfly was a honey-dipped bird treat that avoided being eaten by mimicking the inedible monarch butterfly. The monarch achieves its toxic, unpalatable state by getting toxins from the milkweed it eats. The viceroy eats willow and poplar and does not have toxins from those foods available to sequester for protection. Mimicking of an inedible species by an edible species is called Batesian mimicry. The viceroy butterfly is classified into a family that contains numerous established examples of Batesian mimicry.

While widely accepted and used as an example of Batesian mimicry, there have been challenges to this idea over the years and in the early 90's a couple of entomologist set out to test the assumption. It turns out that the viceroy butterfly is as inedible as the monarch and not an example of Batesian mimicry, but rather one of Mullerian mimicry. Mullerian mimicry is the co-evolution of coloration and/or shape that is aposematic and used as a warning.

The example may not be as exciting as electric pyramids, but it is important to basic biology and studies in evolution and ecology to have that aspect of the viceroy properly understood. It is an example of what scientists do and how they challenge assumptions even within science.

What you seem to be saying with your statement is that there is information that science is withholding from the public, but you do not offer science to challenge this. You offer conjecture that you appear to believe for reasons other than on the evidence. Science is not supporting these ideas, not because of some conspiracy to withhold the truth, but, because there is no evidence that warrants the claims as fact. All I see in the links you have provided are unsupported claims built on a foundation of more unsupported claims. The idea that Atlantis might somehow be involved is an example of one of those unsupported claims. The only thing we know about Atlantis is what Plato wrote. Everything since then has been conjecture.

There is no collusion against truth when conjecture is not reported as fact by scientists.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
That's what I'm asking you, how far back do you suppose scientist can go, it's evidence that scientist goes back to some billion years ago.
What about trillions and trillions and trillions of years ago, can scientist do that.
Since the universe is only known to be about 13.7 billion years old, no one can tell us anything about it and using trillions and trillions of years as an example of the limitations of science is some nonsense moving of the goal posts.

Faithofchristian

There is no need to explain thng trillions of years ago sense time and space began ~4.5 billion years ago, The Quantum World our universe formed in does not have time.

Well seeing that the Lord God surpasses
4.5 billion years ago, but goes back much further to more like trillions and trillions and trillions of years ago.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Did they find a pharao in the pyramid when they discovered it?
Does not finding a body in a grave mean that the grave is not a grave? There are many reasons a body might not be in a tomb. Electric pyramids is not the default reason for that.

Faithofchristian

Since the universe is only known to be about 13.7 billion years old, no one can tell us anything about it and using trillions and trillions of years as an example of the limitations of science is some nonsense moving of the goal posts.

That's according man's teachings, but since I don't follow the teachings of scientist.
So as a Christian I only go by what God teaches in his word.
What you call nonsense maybe to you, but not to me.
Just because people want to call something that they have no understanding or knowledge about doesn't mean it's nonsense.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Can you explain exactly what New York Harbor has to do with the Thread that's being spoken about.

Seems your going off from the Thread
The thread is about science hiding the truth from the world. Maybe there is some truth that science is hiding from the world and it was revealed there. It seems like the perfect time for pseudoscience to come true.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Well you just proved, that had you any understanding of and knowledge about the bible/scriptures then you would know what your asking

I have knowledge of the scriptures, but I don't consider them to be factual.

I asked how you *know* this information, not why you believe it or what some scripture says about it.

Once again, why do you think there is anything to say about 'trillions and trillions of years ago'? Why do you think that phrase even makes sense?